Finding a summer home for Chloe

Old May 26th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default Finding a summer home for Chloe

On May 26, 8:54 am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"-L." wrote in message

On May 25, 1:11 pm, Brian Link wrote:
My son's ex-girlfriend has to move out of her University apartment
here in St. Paul very soon. She'll be summering in a spot that doesn't
allow pets, but moving to a pet-friendly apartment in the Fall.

We've exhausted options of friends to take Chloe. She's a wonderful
cat, but can't live successfully with other pets; so we can't help
out.

Are there any outfits that deal with this type of situation? The
kennels I've researched are fairly expensive, and not really a
pleasant situation for three months. Are there foster homes? Who
should I contact to get more ideas?

Thanks

BLink
"God created all tribes of men, and certainly had a righteous purpose in
creating each"
- Geronimo

Why the hell do people accept living arrangements where they can't
take their pets?
I'm sorry, but I am fed up to my hairballs with people who don't think
about the long-term consequences of having a pet.

Let the stupid bitch figure it our for herself. Or better yet, she
should find a place that she can have the cat with her, where it
should be.

-L.

That's absolutely right. Unfortunately, "let her figure it out for herself"
often results in pet abandonment. We have numerous cases every semester
where students have "adopted" a cat or dog, then they just go off and leave
it behind when they leave for the summer or even for spring break. The
"lucky" ones are the ones that are turned over to the animal shelter. Many
are just left to fend for themselves, often with disastrous results. I
simply do not understand the mindset of people who see pets as disposable
objects. I got my first cat when I was in graduate school. From then on, I
would *never consider* any type of move that did not include my cat as part
of my household. My cats are family!

MaryL

Yep. I am just sick of people who think it's ok to make arrangements
that don't include their pets. If you can't care for a pet under ANY
circumstances, don't get one. Period.

-L.
Old May 26th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

On May 26, 1:31 am, "cybercat" wrote:
"-L." wrote

Let the stupid bitch figure it our for herself. Or better yet, she
should find a place that she can have the cat with her, where it
should be.

Good morning, Sunshine! {{hugs}}

Nice to see you.

LOL...Hi!
Not gonna hang around long, as this type of crapola is status-quo in
this ng anymore ("my cats eyeball is hanging.....") but I just
couldn't restrain myself from replying.

-L.

Old May 28th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 26 May 2008 14:18:44 -0700, -L. wrote:

On May 26, 1:31 am, "cybercat" wrote:
"-L." wrote

Let the stupid bitch figure it our for herself. Or better yet, she
should find a place that she can have the cat with her, where it
should be.

Good morning, Sunshine! {{hugs}}

Nice to see you.

LOL...Hi!
Not gonna hang around long, as this type of crapola is status-quo in
this ng anymore ("my cats eyeball is hanging.....") but I just couldn't
restrain myself from replying.

-L.

It's nice to see how well you two get along these days. I remember a
time when you hated each other so much the police had to get involved.

I guess it took you awhile to realize how much you have in common.

Charlie
Old May 28th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 26 May 2008 14:18:44 -0700, -L. wrote:

On May 26, 1:31 am, "cybercat" wrote:
"-L." wrote

Let the stupid bitch figure it our for herself. Or better yet, she
should find a place that she can have the cat with her, where it
should be.

Good morning, Sunshine! {{hugs}}

Nice to see you.

LOL...Hi!
Not gonna hang around long, as this type of crapola is status-quo in
this ng anymore ("my cats eyeball is hanging.....") but I just couldn't
restrain myself from replying.

-L.

It's nice to see how well you two get along these days. I remember a
time when you hated each other so much the police had to get involved.

I guess it took you awhile to realize how much you have in common.

Charlie

Kiss my ass, Charlie.

Old May 28th 08, 08:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

On May 27, 7:27 pm, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:

Charlie

It's nice to see you're still an asshole.

Well, not NICE, but you know what I mean.

-L.
Old May 28th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote:

Charlie

It's nice to see you're still an asshole.

Well, not NICE, but you know what I mean.

-L.

Yes, indeed. While sneering at us for being able to change (as healthy,
dynamic living things do as a matter of course), Charlie has demonstrated
that some things stay the same.

Meanwhile, you are missed around here! I hope you'll keep visiting. Yet
another change: she who used to charge forth under the banner "Killfiles are
for Pussies!" now uses hers on a regular basis. They really do reduce
frustration.

Old May 28th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

wrote:

Charlie

It's nice to see you're still an asshole.

Well, not NICE, but you know what I mean.

-L.

Yes, indeed. While sneering at us for being able to change (as healthy,
dynamic living things do as a matter of course), Charlie has demonstrated
that some things stay the same.

Meanwhile, you are missed around here! I hope you'll keep visiting. Yet
another change: she who used to charge forth under the banner "Killfiles
are for Pussies!" now uses hers on a regular basis. They really do reduce
frustration.

ROTFLMAO! Really? I'd have never thunk it of you! I really should follow
your example, but I'm too nosey - I think I might miss something interesting
going on "behind my back" so to speak. BTW, I never did receive you email -
even though my addy isn't munged, a few people still have trouble getting
through to me from the groups - weird.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 28th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote

BTW, I never did receive you email - even though my addy isn't munged, a
few people still have trouble getting through to me from the groups -
weird.

Really weird, because I sent it twice, and double-checked it was to the
right
address. I take it as a sign that I had no business wanting to gossip about
what I wanted to gossip about. (Especially since Sheelagh did not get my
mail
either.)

Taking the low road always gets me a rude kick in the pants. Taking the high
road tends to result in many good things. Sorry about the tease. I hope it
suffices for me to say that someone you and S. both would probably like
to see receive a "come uppance" did. In spades. Please help me avoid
bad karma by not asking any questions!

Old May 28th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message
om...

"CatNipped" wrote

[...]

OK, I won't ask. I truly don't like to gossip anyway - not because I'm so
virtuous, only because I'm so self-centered that I don't really care what
other people do! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped