Cat got scared and keeps attacking wife and other cat

Old February 2nd 04, 11:49 PM
Cheryl

Karen M. wrote in on 01 Feb 2004:

Unfortunately, yes they can. I'm sorry Cheryl, that sucks. Can't you
*threaten* Bonnie with a timeout??

LOL She has had me running circles around the kitchen trying to get her to
go where I want her to go. Too smart. My kitchen is one of those L shaped,
with two entrances. Back when she was on a round of ABs for UTI, it was
almost impossible to catch her to get a pill into her. I was ready to put
her back in the cage for 14 days just so I could have her accessable. It
was a nightmare for both of us. I know I scared her chasing her around to
corner her, and I've never seen a cat so wiley and fast. It really is no
wonder she was a survivor out there when she was wild. She has gotten over
that but she is still suspicious when I try to get her to go somewhere
other than where she wants to go. Food doesn't always work anymore for
that. sigh

--
Cheryl

Trapped like rats. In a chia-pet.
MIB II
Old February 2nd 04, 11:49 PM
Cheryl

Karen M. wrote in on 01 Feb 2004:

Whoops, ignore my previous post. I guess if I would read all replies
before responding, I might actually be able to give some useful advice.
How's this? Put a Superman cape on him and the other two will think he's
a superhero????

) Super Shadow!

Old February 2nd 04, 11:51 PM
Cheryl

Laura R. wrote in on 01 Feb
2004:

I do know what you mean. Oscar terrorizes Camille, and they're both
healthy as horses. It's just that he is a doofus and she is a
chickensh*t, so he thinks it's fun.

That is how Shamrock is. He gets the meanest look on his face. Ears back,
eyes squinty and most of the time he doesn't act like he is playing. He
seems out for blood sometimes. Poor Shadow. I swear Bonnie has learned from
Shamrock that it is fun to pick on Shadow.

Old February 3rd 04, 12:20 AM
Karen M.

Cheryl wrote:
Karen M. wrote in on 01 Feb 2004:

Whoops, ignore my previous post. I guess if I would read all replies
before responding, I might actually be able to give some useful advice.
How's this? Put a Superman cape on him and the other two will think he's
a superhero????

) Super Shadow!

Ernie terrorizes my two girls, which is kind of funny because Audrey
could squash him like a bug, she weighs almost twice as much as he does!
Sometimes she'll stand up to him, which actually means stay sitting down
and refuse to move!!

Old February 3rd 04, 12:27 AM
Cheryl

Karen M. wrote in on 02 Feb 2004:

Ernie terrorizes my two girls, which is kind of funny because Audrey
could squash him like a bug, she weighs almost twice as much as he does!
Sometimes she'll stand up to him, which actually means stay sitting down
and refuse to move!!

That is the funny thing here, too. Shadow is twice Bonnie's size, and much
bigger than Shamrock, too. To see this huge cat cower is very sad. Last
week I was putting him downstairs during the day when I went to work but it
seemed to make things worse between everyone once I was home. I thought
maybe I'd give them all a chance to work it out, but that doesn't seem like
it is going to happen so Shadow will have to spend his time alone for 10+
hours per day. This really kills me but I don't know what else to do. Some
suggestions I received to try to get the cats all tolerating each other
isn't working.

Old February 3rd 04, 12:29 PM
Wendy

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Karen M. wrote in on 01 Feb 2004:

You put the cat in the shelter, you're pretty much killing the cat. Why
don't you go take a compassion pill before trying to speak?

Damn don't bring that option up right now. I have Shamrock acting all
aggressive lately and attacking Shadow. Bonnie watches every move Shamrock
makes and attacks Shadow. Between the two of them I can't keep Shadow safe
anymore. They are both ganging up on him. And Shadow is so submissive that
he will rear up with paws flailing but he won't stand up for himself and
the other two know it. He spends most of his time anymore under the dining
room table which is up against the wall. Shamrock has had two timeouts
this weekend alone. I can't get Bonnie in timeout cos I can't catch the
little bugger. Since Shadow is terminally sick I sometimes wonder if the
others can sense that and attack him because he is weak.

--
Cheryl

I wonder if he doesn't have an odor that the other cats pick up on and maybe
that's why they are going after him.