"The Russian Blue" book, anyone?

Old January 13th 04, 02:27 AM
Chester

"Tina Laitinen" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...

"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:20:39 GMT, "Linda Terrell"
wrote:

Bob.

The difference between ordinary stupid and extraordinary stupid can

be
summed up in one word -- YOU.

With such a creative conversation you could as well get married right

away!

Hans
(and his two indoor cats)

Nah, my cats would never let Benchley in the house.

LT

Do shut up you stupid troll.

--
Bob.

I read your mind, and believe me, it was a short story...

TROLLLLLLLL
TROLLLLLLLLLL IN THE NEWSGROUP
TROOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Just though you'd like to know
(faints)

Tina

Tina,
I caught the Harry Potter reference. Hehehehehe, cute.

--
Chester
http://chester_vaughn.tripod.com/

My psychiatrist said. . .
"Positive results within a year, or your mania back."

Old January 13th 04, 03:15 AM
Tina Laitinen

wrote:

[...]

Hehehe... The new movies comming out in June I hear and the new Sherk is
comming out in May. I can't wait.. I love those 2 movies!!

Tina

Old January 20th 04, 05:42 PM
*SooZy*

"hotep" wrote in message
In alt.pets.cats Ivor Jones wrote:

: I still and will always maintain a cat should be allowed to do as it
: pleases, if it wants to go out, it should be allowed to. If you don't

want
: it to, or you live in an area where it is *unsafe* for a cat to be
: outside, you should not have one.

If a cat always did what it pleased, it sure would never be neutered.

Aren't there several breeds that are domesticated to the point that
they can't/won't defend themselves from other cats outside?

yes like the Ragdoll....

I used to let my old cat out as we lived away from busy roads, he used the
dog flap so the cat and dogs could come in and out of the garden as they
pleased 24/7, I had to move (personal reasons) and where I am now (no
garden), no way could I let a cat out, but rather than keeping him in which
I feel would be cruel to him, as he was used to being able to come and go as
he pleased, I gave him to a close friend. He settled into her place just
fine.

Old January 20th 04, 05:48 PM
*SooZy*

"Tracy" wrote in message
om...
Jellico is totally correct. The ideal life for a cat, if it can be
managed, is an indoor-outdoor life. Given the cat overpopulation
problem. I would not go so far as to suggest that anyone who is in an
urban environment shouldn't have a cat - a safe and loving home is
always better than no home at all, but I, at least, would express
regret if I were forced to keep my cats indoors 24/7.

I have seen cats wary about going through doors to the outside when
they are concerned whether or not the door will remain open for them
to return. I have never seen a cat in my life that would not joyfully
bound into a yard when it is no longer worried about that. Never,
ever, ever.

my 3 cats are indoor only cats, they have plenty of attention, raw meat
treats, toys, cat towers, play room etc they were bred indoors and have
never been out apart from in a carrier visiting/vet. Ragdoll haven't got
very good self defence, but I bet they would love the outside world really
though if given the chance to go out.

My reasons for keeping them in, is because I have no garden, live on a busy
road, they would get stolen. I chose Ragdolls because they seem happy to
live indoors.

Old January 21st 04, 02:22 AM
Bob Brenchley.

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:42:49 +0000 (UTC), "*SooZy*"
wrote:

"hotep" wrote in message
[...]

You are a genuine cat lover

--
Bob.

Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
look like the dog did it.

Old January 21st 04, 02:23 AM
Bob Brenchley.

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:48:55 +0000 (UTC), "*SooZy*"
wrote:

"Tracy" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

If you live in an area where, for whatever reason, you feel unable to
allow a healthy cat its freedom to roam for at least some time each
day (and only you can judge your area) then don't have a cat.

It really is as simple as that.

--
Bob.

Cats know what we feel. They don't always care, but they know.