"The Russian Blue" book, anyone?

Old February 5th 04, 12:11 AM
kilikini

"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:28:43 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

I've had one of my cats for 8 years and the other for 7 years and since I
live in Hawaii it's not a big deal to leave a door open - literally. I

just
moved to an apartment and I don't have the liberty of allowing my cats

the
freedeom to go in and out.

You should have thought of that BEFORE moving.

Now they have to use a litterbox and the outside
is a vague memory to them. In all honesty, they are flourishing!

Sadly, animal abusers often delude themselves that way.

My cats
used to be feral; I rescued them when each one was about 10 weeks old.

For
never being cooped up before, I think they love it. They seek out more
attention, they're more loving, they purr more loudly, they are eating
better and their personalities are really coming out. I think they feel
more secure. They're even learning to get along with the dog.......but
that's another story. g

kilikini

--
Bob.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why you appear bright until
we hear you talk.

I didn't have a choice in the move. I rent. The landlady wanted her house
back. Having said that, it's EXTREMELY difficult to find housing on Maui.
My old 3 bedroom house with a nice fenced in yard rented at $850 a month. I
now am forced to live in cramped apartment housing for $1300 a month. What
to do - get rid of my girls? I don't THINK so. Gosh, you made me mad with
your statements. ABUSE my animals? There have been times when I've gone
without food for a day or two just to make sure that my animals were fed.
Before you go making foolish and accusatory statements about a person,
consider possibilities. Jeez!

kilikini

Old February 5th 04, 12:27 AM
~*Connie*~

you really should ignore the trolls.. You don't abuse your animals by
keeping them inside.. your doing them a huge favor. Indoor cats are happy
well cared for cats.

Old February 5th 04, 12:42 AM
kilikini

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message
[...]

Connie, you're right, I know, but man! Who is this person? WTF? (Excuse
my language) I have gone to such lengths to make sure that I can find a
place to live that allows me to have my animals. I am NOT an abusive or
irresponsible pet owner by any means. If I had the money, I'd buy acres and
acres and set up a refuge. The reason why I'm so hostile is because I
*just* went thru the move and it was hell to find a place. It really was!
So now I'm completely broke, but as long as we (dog and 2 cats) are
together, I'm happy.

kilikini

Old February 5th 04, 02:37 AM
Starlord

Guess why I don't see his postings? He's joined the other dipsticks in my
killfile. I live in the High Mojave Desert, and an outdoor cat in this area
becomes the low end of the food chain real fast. None of my cats go outside, not
only the mix breeds I've saved, but also my Show cats ( Japanese Bobtails ) and
they all live inside and enjoy it too.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
World of Dahlias Slideshowv1.0 $10.00
for Windows machines. Email:

"kilikini" wrote in message

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message
[...]

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old February 5th 04, 03:57 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Bob Brenchley." wrote in message

The cats are the same - it is just the degree of compassion for
animals that is different in the UK - here we love out animals.

Oh yes, how to love animals is perfectly shown by Queen Elizabeth II. She is
very fond of hunting foxes and other animals and birds living out in the
free. The last thing I saw from Her Majesty was her beating a wounded bird
to death with her walking stick, after which she turned to her company
laughing and smiling. Not to mention the behaviour of the Royal d*gs...

Bob, is there a deep pond near by where you live? Go out there, it needs
your company...

Hans

Old February 5th 04, 04:49 AM
Lee Waun

Connie, you're right, I know, but man! Who is this person? WTF? (Excuse
my language) I have gone to such lengths to make sure that I can find a
place to live that allows me to have my animals. I am NOT an abusive or
irresponsible pet owner by any means. If I had the money, I'd buy acres

and
acres and set up a refuge. The reason why I'm so hostile is because I
*just* went thru the move and it was hell to find a place. It really was!
So now I'm completely broke, but as long as we (dog and 2 cats) are
together, I'm happy.

kilikini

Bob is the biggest troll in the cat news groups. There is even a faq page on
him. He has even said and you can look it up on google that he has said he
would rather kill all the cats in north america then let them live as
indoor cats.

He is also known to not fix his animals and allows his cats to have unwanted
litters. Just check google and you will see he is not worth replying to.
Just killfile him like most of us have and you will never even miss him.

I have 2 cats both rescue. One a siamese cross and one a Maine Coon and both
are totally indoors. Except the balcony and the Maine Coon has killed 2
squirrels that jumped on to the balcony. So I think the balcony should be
off limits until the squirrels grab a clue.