She's home!!

Old April 24th 08, 08:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jbhajos

Default She's home!!

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:04:40 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

When I telephoned to enquire about KFC today, I was told that she could come
home "after 5 pm". Not sure why that was the magic time as they are open
24/7, but hey, ours is not to reason why ;-)

YAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been so happy in a coon's age; to hear
this news has made my day!! We've all grown to know and love KFC
throughout the years and hope she has many more fiesty days ahead.
I'm so glad for you as well, I know it's been a hard time for you, and
our good thoughts and purrs continue for you all (including Boyfie who
loves her too).

Jeanne

Old April 24th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

When I telephoned to enquire about KFC today, I was told that she could come
home "after 5 pm". Not sure why that was the magic time as they are open
24/7, but hey, ours is not to reason why ;-)

I was able to have a good ten minute chat with the partner who phoned me
yesterday, he's been treating her in Alison's absence. He said had she not
gone on the fluids when she did she would have been "down and out" - I took
that to mean she would have died. It made me feel better about giving up on
trying to treat her at home in less than 24 hours.
He talked me through her blood results. There are "some abnormalities but
nothing catastrophic" and most of the abnormalities are to do with kidney
function. The levels are raised but nothing in the really dangerous
department. I already knew she had CRF, so I'm glad it's not deteriorated
too much in the couple of years since she was first diagnosed with
it.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (that was KFC jumping on my keyboard so I won't remove
it)

Her nose is still streaming green gunk and she is still sneezing but at
least she is eating a bit. She ate a couple of tablespoons of food when she
got home. She's been given a long-acting antibiotic injection that should
last 7-14 days. At last they realise how difficult she is to handle when
I'm trying to do something she doesn't want me to so the 25 dollars worth of
oral antibiotic I got a few days ago is in the bin, she only got 0.5ml of
it.
The nurse who brought her to me said she was "quite feisty" last night when
they tried to attend to her and apparently she growled when they put her in
her carrier to come home. So that's good news ;-) She is sporting a bright
pink bandage on her leg where she had the drip in. Apparently *I* have to
take that off. I just think they were too cowardly to do it! I'm not
even going to try tonight, she has had as much handling as she can tolerate
in the last few days as when I tried to stroke her head when she got home,
she growled in a rising crescendo. I will ask my friend June to come over
tomorrow after work to help me take it off.

I can't describe how thrilled she seems to be to be home. She is wandering
around all over the house to rediscover it and check everything is in its
proper place. She comes back to me every few minutes to gaze into my face
and makes the "wah" noise which is all she's ever been able to do for a
meow.

The hole she left in this house when she was away was out of all proportion
to her actual size.

The vet says that she is "not out of the woods yet but we feel she would do
better at home" and it's true. If a sick animal can be maintained in their
own home they do recover better as they are not stressed in a strange
environment.
Personally, I think they had had enough of her ;-)))

Tweed - overjoyed at having my girl back home

Old April 24th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
[...]

Oh Tweed, I'm so glad to hear this. Purrs will, of course, continue for KFC
until she is completely out of the woods.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 24th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Caroline S.

On Apr 24, 3:04*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

So glad to hear the Grande Dame is home again.

Caroline S.
Old April 24th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

wrote:
When I telephoned to enquire about KFC today, I was told that she could come
home "after 5 pm". *Not sure why that was the magic time as they are open
24/7, but hey, ours is not to reason why ;-)

Such good news.

snip

it.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (that was KFC jumping on my keyboard so I won't remove
it)

She typed her own message to us. We are honoured.

snip

The vet says that she is "not out of the woods yet but we feel she would do
better at home" *and it's true. *If a sick animal can be maintained in their
own home they do recover better as they are not stressed in a strange
environment.
Personally, I think they had had enough of her ;-)))

Tweed - *overjoyed at having my girl back home

So glad she's home.

--
Will in New Haven
Old April 24th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

[...]

I am so glad to hear she is home where she will feel safe. I don't think
you should worry about the bandage that much; I am guessing there is no
hurry. Honestly I almost cried when I heard she was home and already
causing typing problems.

Andy
Old April 24th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Hooray!
So glad KFC is back home. I'm bet she's glad she
is too. God bless both of you and Boyfie.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 24th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

When I telephoned to enquire about KFC today, I was told that she could come
home "after 5 pm". Not sure why that was the magic time as they are open
24/7, but hey, ours is not to reason why ;-)

[snip]

I'm so glad she's doing better! It sounds like she's very happy to be
home. It's wonderful to hear about her jumping on keyboards and the like.

Continuing purrs that whatever's causing the green gunk will clear up
fast. Really loud purrs from Mr. Licky.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 24th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Tweed - overjoyed at having my girl back home

Excellent news!

Old April 24th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message

I, too, am thrilled the feisty old lady (talk about dowager queens!)
is home with
you in the place she missed and loves, and that her medical shape is
pretty good
for one as old as she is. Rejoicing for your happy ending, and no
"down and out".

I nearly fainted when I saw the bill. It was half my monthly salary. I'm
not too bothered, she's worth it. I will just need to live on egg and chips
for a while. I have my own hens and potatoes aren't expensive.
Omelettes are good too. Poached eggs are nice on toast.

I'm joking a little. I learnt to fill my store cupboard with tins and dry
goods like rice and lentils and my freezer full 5 years ago when I first got
problems with my health. Everyone should do this if they can.

Tweed

SHE'S HOME!! Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 20 September 4th 06 10:16 AM
SHE'S HOME! Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 26 July 27th 06 09:33 PM
She's back home! Tara K. Cat anecdotes 10 April 17th 05 06:23 AM
She's back home! Tara K. Cat community 10 April 17th 05 06:23 AM
She's back home! Tara K. Cat rescue 11 April 17th 05 06:23 AM