She's home!!

Old April 27th 08, 10:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default She's home!!

Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Christina Websell wrote:
"Matthew" wrote in message

"

FYI You may want to change your email. The one you are using many
of us have blocked because the trolls are using a re-mailer and
that is what shows up

I think that would be pointless. Any address used on usenet groups
soon gets the same treatment from the spambots.
Thanks for the thought, though.
It's pretty annoying to be spamming myself though ;-)

Tweed

As Matthew pointed out is a specific address which
resides in many peoples killfiles.

I don't post with a privacy.net address. I've never heard of
privacy.net. My ISP to post here is wanadoo.

Please explain.

Tweed

Matthew was replying to the poster that used that address.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 27th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christine K. wrote:
Christina Websell kirjoitti:
"Matthew" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
"Matthew" wrote in message
"

FYI You may want to change your email. The one you are using
many of us have blocked because the trolls are using a re-mailer
and that is what shows up

I think that would be pointless. Any address used on usenet
groups soon gets the same treatment from the spambots.
Thanks for the thought, though.
It's pretty annoying to be spamming myself though ;-)

Tweed

No I meant thedisplay of that is the same email
that Billy was using and the others trolls such as Normen and the
others
http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...3RQVAij NI2Fx

I cleared my kill file out because I went to Google I saw someone
nice was using that display email

I have no idea whatsover what is going on. I have never used
whatever privacy net is - it's 20 past 11 here. Bedtime in the UK.
Nighty nighty.

Matthew was replying to a poster who uses as his/her
address. This poster had replied to you saying
Quote:
Glad to hear the she is home, and doing better. Purrs are continuing
that the infections clears up soon, and that she is eating as much as
she wants.
Unquote.

Maybe you had never got this post and it looked at your end like
Matthew was replying directly to your post, as he didn't quote any of
the post he was replying to.
Hope this clears the confusion.

Maybe NIN automatically blocks that address.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 27th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
When I telephoned to enquire about KFC today, I was told that she could come
home "after 5 pm". Not sure why that was the magic time as they are open
24/7, but hey, ours is not to reason why ;-)

I was able to have a good ten minute chat with the partner who phoned me
yesterday, he's been treating her in Alison's absence. He said had she not
gone on the fluids when she did she would have been "down and out" - I took
that to mean she would have died. It made me feel better about giving up on
trying to treat her at home in less than 24 hours.
He talked me through her blood results. There are "some abnormalities but
nothing catastrophic" and most of the abnormalities are to do with kidney
function. The levels are raised but nothing in the really dangerous
department. I already knew she had CRF, so I'm glad it's not deteriorated
too much in the couple of years since she was first diagnosed with
it.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (that was KFC jumping on my keyboard so I won't remove
it)

Her nose is still streaming green gunk and she is still sneezing but at
least she is eating a bit. She ate a couple of tablespoons of food when she
got home. She's been given a long-acting antibiotic injection that should
last 7-14 days. At last they realise how difficult she is to handle when
I'm trying to do something she doesn't want me to so the 25 dollars worth of
oral antibiotic I got a few days ago is in the bin, she only got 0.5ml of
it.
The nurse who brought her to me said she was "quite feisty" last night when
they tried to attend to her and apparently she growled when they put her in
her carrier to come home. So that's good news ;-) She is sporting a bright
pink bandage on her leg where she had the drip in. Apparently *I* have to
take that off. I just think they were too cowardly to do it! I'm not
even going to try tonight, she has had as much handling as she can tolerate
in the last few days as when I tried to stroke her head when she got home,
she growled in a rising crescendo. I will ask my friend June to come over
tomorrow after work to help me take it off.

I can't describe how thrilled she seems to be to be home. She is wandering
around all over the house to rediscover it and check everything is in its
proper place. She comes back to me every few minutes to gaze into my face
and makes the "wah" noise which is all she's ever been able to do for a
meow.

The hole she left in this house when she was away was out of all proportion
to her actual size.

The vet says that she is "not out of the woods yet but we feel she would do
better at home" and it's true. If a sick animal can be maintained in their
own home they do recover better as they are not stressed in a strange
environment.
Personally, I think they had had enough of her ;-)))

Tweed - overjoyed at having my girl back home

I am so glad to hear this :-)

They are right; they always do better at home. Even just visiting when
they have to keep them makes a remarkable difference, from what my vet
has said.

I'm glad to hear she's doing some normal stuff and acting more like
herself. That is very good news. I know she is very elderly and
fragile, but it sounds like she is going uphill now, and not down.

Mega purrs for KFC from my crew here and from me.

Ginger-lyn

Old April 29th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
When I telephoned to enquire about KFC today, I was told that she could come
home "after 5 pm". Not sure why that was the magic time as they are open
24/7, but hey, ours is not to reason why ;-)

I was able to have a good ten minute chat with the partner who phoned me
yesterday, he's been treating her in Alison's absence. He said had she not
gone on the fluids when she did she would have been "down and out" - I took
that to mean she would have died. It made me feel better about giving up on
trying to treat her at home in less than 24 hours.

snip
The hole she left in this house when she was away was out of all proportion
to her actual size.

The vet says that she is "not out of the woods yet but we feel she would do
better at home" and it's true. If a sick animal can be maintained in their
own home they do recover better as they are not stressed in a strange
environment.
Personally, I think they had had enough of her ;-)))

Tweed - overjoyed at having my girl back home

I'm so glad she is back home!
We will continue to send lots and lots of purrs for her,
Polonca and Soncek
Old April 30th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Polonca, the continuing purrs definitely help, she's now eating
much better than when she first came home. Still not quite as much as I'd
like, but is getting eager for her food at mealtimes now - always a good
sign.

Tweed

Old May 1st 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
Thanks, Polonca, the continuing purrs definitely help, she's now

eating
much better than when she first came home. Still not quite as much as I'd
like, but is getting eager for her food at mealtimes now - always a good
sign.

Tweed

That's wonderful to hear.
We will continue to send lots and lots of purrs,
POlonca and Soncek

SHE'S HOME!! Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 20 September 4th 06 10:16 AM
SHE'S HOME! Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 26 July 27th 06 09:33 PM
She's back home! Tara K. Cat anecdotes 10 April 17th 05 06:23 AM
She's back home! Tara K. Cat community 10 April 17th 05 06:23 AM
She's back home! Tara K. Cat rescue 11 April 17th 05 06:23 AM