Opinions on litter?

Old December 9th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Default Opinions on litter?

Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:06:04 -0500 from cshenk :
"Stan Brown" wrote

Target brand is cheaper and even less dusty. Great stuff. $4 for 14 lbs.

I didn't write that, actually; cybercat did.

The only Target brand I know is Archer Farms for foods; I didn't know
they had one for litter. Does it actually say "Target" on it, or do
they use some brand name?

Hi Stan. Target is a store. Probably arent any where you are so you didnt
recognize it. Kinda like a Kmart sort of place. Decent prices for lots of
things, as well as lots of junk ;-)

I know Target is a store chain -- how else would I know that Archer
Farms is its house brand for food?

My question was, what is the name of the Target house brand for
litter that cybercat was recommending?

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Old December 11th 08, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
tigerman

On Nov 23, 3:29*am, "Janet" wrote:
I was using Fresh Step, and found that there was little or no odor and it
was easy to clean. Tried a corn-based one, but didn't like the smell. Went
back to Fresh Step. Tried Arm & Hammer, but there was distinct Eau de Cat
Box in the house and I found it very hard to scoop: it tended to form a wet,
gooey mass that stuck to the sides and bottom of the box and was hard to get
off.

I just laboriously scraped all of that stuff off of the box, scrubbed it
out, and refilled with Fresh Step.

I'd love to find something cheaper that worked as well, but after the Arm&
Hammer fiasco I'm reluctant to experiment! I almost bought a bag of Fresh
Step Crystals yesterday, but the thought of the cat pee-imbued crystals
staying in the box for weeks was not appealing when compared to scooping and
removing the clumps.

Anyone know of a bargain litter that really works well?

I use sawdust. It is cheap the only drawback is it tends to get
flicked everywhere.

tigerman
http://www.zazzle.com/biglnet/cats
http://www.justbyjulie.com
Old August 13th 09, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

"Janet" wrote:

Anyone know of a bargain litter that really works well?

Do not know about bargain (apparently some of it is cheap), but I
plan to use hypoallergenic litter from now on. Currently, I see
that there are two or three major brands of hypoallergenic cat
litter. You might have to scoop more often since it does not have
perfumes (or dyes) but it is less likely to cause allergic
reactions since your cats sniff and scratch around a lot in
litter. Someone who has a cat that licks itself too much might
consider trying it.