Tons of sneezing

Old August 18th 03, 12:18 AM
PattyC

Default Tons of sneezing

Hi All,

I have a cat, Lia, who was in the 'hospital' for several days during the
first week I had her. That was a predictor of our life together. Every
time I go to the vet with her, she ends up on antibiotics, going thru a lot
of tests, etc. Keep that in mind ...

Last time I took Lia to the vet with a draining eye (couple months ago), she
had (as always) a fever. (She has never NOT had a fever....) The doc was
not the usual vet and was concerned, wanted to order tons more tests. She
then looked thru all the history and said, let's just put her on axs, don't
come back unless she actually acts SICK. Note, except for limping that
first time, and one other time, she never seems sick at all. She eats more
than my other cats, is the alpha cat, I think...

So anyway, I have noted she's been sneezing some in the last few weeks. And
yes, the vet always asks, "Has she been sneezing?" I purposely did not take
her to the vet, because she acts totally herself, eats a ton, and runs
around chasing the other two like crazy.... knowing she would have a fever,
I figured unless she acted sick, I would wait.. her annual exam is in
September.

So. Today she was earlier, though not right now, sneezing like crazy. I
have not seen this ever in my vast 3 years of having cats, but she was
sneezing with snot coming out of her one nostril! She was also licking her
paws much during this (anxiety...) and NOT letting me get near her to get
the ucky stuff off her face.

So, I guess I will take her to the vet tomorrow. I'm thinking she actually
has something IN her nose that is bugging her. Does anyone else have a cat
who runs a fever all the time? That gets in the way of my wanting to do vet
visits, because they seem to want to then work her up for everything. In
the meantime, she continues to act & look healthy most of the time.

So do kitties have "snot?"

PattyC

Old August 18th 03, 05:31 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:18:53 GMT, "PattyC"
wrote:

[...]

The sneezing and mucous sounds like either a chronic sinus infection
or she has a cold. Either way, she needs to see the Vet. Good
luck. MLB

Old August 18th 03, 06:46 PM
Cathy Friedmann

Or maybe (pure guess here) something's stuck up her nose - causing the
sneezing, it's caused a local infection, & that's causing the snot? (Does
it smell crummy if you sniff near her nose?)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon