cat vomitting

Old November 25th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default cat vomitting

How is your cat doing today? I hope things have turned around for him.

About the blindness, cats can cope very well. Cats don't realize they
have a disability and they do their best. We had a cat that went blind
in her old age and she found her way around the house and to the litter
box, even still played. Mary here has a young, blind cat who climbs cat
trees with her buddy, and just has a ball.

So please don't worry about that part of it, but I hope you found out
what was wrong.

I haven't heard of the tidy cat thing, so thanks for posting that.
That's pretty scary, I've got to check our litter.

Let us know what's happening,

Rhonda

nldiggs99 via CatKB.com wrote:
Phil:
No endotoxic shock isn't ruled out, he is in the vets hands now and they are
going to try treatment for this. Basically, this is the last thing to try.
The rest of the things are not curable, talking like brain tumor and a
couple others. This morning I got more bad news on Kramer. He is blind
right now and they don't know if it will be permanant, he can't hear either.
I went to visit him and he did sense me there I'm pretty sure. The vet said
he hadn't been talking or nothing, and hissed at everyone that came near him,
but when I went in and pet his head he started to talk to me. I have been so
tore up with this, crying for about 4 hours now. The decision I have to face
if this next thing doesn't work. The toxcosis is our last hope, and still he
may never see again, and honestly what kind of life is this for a 2 year old
cat?

I was researching, have any of you heard of the Tidy Cat issue? The clay in
it and the case there was regarding it?

http://www.thelighthouseonline.com/a...hornfeldt.html
here is the website regarding this.

I won't know nothing until tomorrow to see if any of the treatments for this
toxicosis is working.

Thanks for all your help everyone....

Phil P. wrote:

Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going into

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

I'll keep you updated..
Thanks for your support.

Was endotoxic shock ruled out?

Old November 26th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nldiggs99 via CatKB.com

Hi everyone:
I hate doing this, but I got more bad news today. I will have to let my
Kramer go. He isn't responding to the meds they were trying and he had a
grand mal seizure again this afternoon. The vet is not confident at all he
will ever get better. It's leaning to a brain mass, swelling of the brain,
anurism, any of these are just all terminal.

This is the hardest thing I've had to do in my life. My poor kitty is
terminally ill and I can't do anything about it.

Rhonda wrote:
How is your cat doing today? I hope things have turned around for him.

About the blindness, cats can cope very well. Cats don't realize they
have a disability and they do their best. We had a cat that went blind
in her old age and she found her way around the house and to the litter
box, even still played. Mary here has a young, blind cat who climbs cat
trees with her buddy, and just has a ball.

So please don't worry about that part of it, but I hope you found out
what was wrong.

I haven't heard of the tidy cat thing, so thanks for posting that.
That's pretty scary, I've got to check our litter.

Let us know what's happening,

Rhonda

Phil:
No endotoxic shock isn't ruled out, he is in the vets hands now and they are

[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]

Was endotoxic shock ruled out?

Old November 26th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

"nldiggs99 via CatKB.com" u29295@uwe wrote in message
Hi everyone:
I hate doing this, but I got more bad news today. I will have to let my
Kramer go. He isn't responding to the meds they were trying and he had a
grand mal seizure again this afternoon. The vet is not confident at all

he
will ever get better. It's leaning to a brain mass, swelling of the

brain,
anurism, any of these are just all terminal.

Has the vet ruled out hepatic encephalopathy as a possible cause of the
seizures. Hepatic encephalopathy can be caused by a portosystemic shunt. Has
the color of Kramer's eyes changed to copper or gold?

This is the hardest thing I've had to do in my life. My poor kitty is
terminally ill and I can't do anything about it.

I don't think so- I think the vet is inept and is missing something. Do you
live near a veterinary college? If so, please get your cat into their
emergency clinic.

Best of luck,

Phil

Old November 26th 06, 09:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Very sad, I'm sorry he's worse.

Has your vet done tests to look at the brain? I didn't know aneurysms
could cause seizures, I know they cause strokes.

What do you think of this vet, do you trust him/her completely?

Hope Kramer surprises everyone and a miracle happens for him. If not, I
know you have tried very hard to help him.

Let us know how he's doing,

Old November 27th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Oh dear. I hope the vet can help you; keep us posted....best of luck to ou
both.

Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going
into
seizures. I had to take him to the emergency vet and that is where he
stilll
is. They have done all blood work and found nothing with him. They have
him
on valium, oxygen and and IV. So, I still don't know anything but that he
took a drastic change for the worst. I was reading up on seizures in
cats,
and it said underlying conditions, tumors. I'm worried about him and just
feel something is seriously wrong with him.
One day he was find and the next he is worse........
I'll keep you updated..
Thanks for your support.

Rhonda wrote:
Neva,

Did they send the blood off for a full workup, checking all the organs,
etc?

Rhonda

Hello everyone:
Well I took my cat into my vet tonight. Still, they could not find a
thing

[quoted text clipped - 44 lines]

Phil

Old November 27th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
nldiggs99 via CatKB.com

Hello everyone and thank you all so much for your support listening to me
about Kramer.
Unfortunately, I had to let go of my kitty today. He had a grand mal seizure
last night or late yesterday and basically took the rest of his life. They
are pretty sure of a brain tumor, swelling of the brain, anurism. Friday he
at least could smell me and I knew he knew I was there. Today when I went in
he didn't even try to smell or get up or anything, it's like he had nothing
left. It's been a very tough 2-weeks and my kitty just has something really
wrong with him and he's gone to kitty heaven now. It was the worst decision
I've ever had to make, but he ended up blind, deaf and just nothing there, he
just looked so blank. I loved my kitty with all my heart, but didn't see a
need to keep him going especially with having seizures, they just were
hurting him worse. We would've done the neurologist if we thought it was
worth it, but honestly I think he really had a brain tumor, and it would
just of prolonged his pain.
Since it happened in May too, just not seizuring then this is why I feel
strongly that something was really wrong with him. His lil body just
couldn't handle it all anymore. Please say a prayer for him, I know I will
miss him with all my heart and it kills me inside to of had to let him go.

Thank you everyone

meeee wrote:
Oh dear. I hope the vet can help you; keep us posted....best of luck to ou
both.

Well I have not such good news about my kitty. He was doing much better
after the vet on monday, but today he was not as good then started going

[quoted text clipped - 25 lines]

Phil