Single women and cats

Old February 19th 07, 10:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Single women and cats

When the misleading study claiming 51% of American women now live
without husbands was released, a commentator said, "It makes me want
to invest in cat futures." Someone told me that a star of "Desperate
Housewives" noted that (unlike her character!), "I'm 31 and
unmarried. Maybe I should start subscribing to Cat Fancy."
There seems to be an association in the popular mind between
single women and cats. Why is this?

Old February 19th 07, 10:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
silvercelt

It is said here that if people are not interested in married life or
more so having children, they would be the batty old lady with the
many cats on the street! It has been that way for many years.

Old February 20th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stick Waver

silvercelt wrote:

It is said here that if people are not interested in married life or
more so having children, they would be the batty old lady with the
many cats on the street! It has been that way for many years.

Single woman with b.f. but no children (by choice) here - I have two
cats and I do consider them objects of my maternal affections. I am
not old nor batty, though ;-)
Old February 20th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Actually, I see more single women who have dogs than cats these days. I'm a
guy and a cat lover so I can't figure out why I'm single. Probably because
the women who I meet aren't fans of cats and take one look at my face and
say to themselves, "he's cute but I don't want to date a nice guy." Oh well.
Their loss I guess.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
wrote in message
oups.com...
When the misleading study claiming 51% of American women now live
without husbands was released, a commentator said, "It makes me want
to invest in cat futures." Someone told me that a star of "Desperate
Housewives" noted that (unlike her character!), "I'm 31 and
unmarried. Maybe I should start subscribing to Cat Fancy."
There seems to be an association in the popular mind between
single women and cats. Why is this?

women who can't get laid get cats 2fingah Cat health & behaviour 6 December 8th 06 11:51 AM
More Cat Trivia Than Any One Ever Needs ! Matthew AKA NMR Cat anecdotes 3 April 5th 06 03:24 AM
Cat quotes - Long Gandalf Cat anecdotes 1 November 24th 05 03:01 PM
Women and cats Ted Davis Cats - misc 197 June 29th 04 05:21 AM
Forget About Traffic Accidents! Cats Make Women Promiscuous! meehawl Cat health & behaviour 6 September 26th 03 01:15 AM