Ping Candace (and others) - How's Abbey (and other kitties)?

Old July 7th 05, 02:52 PM
CatNipped

Default Ping Candace (and others) - How's Abbey (and other kitties)?

With all the bru-ha-ha going on, we haven't heard much about the health of
"at risk" kitties lately. So...

How has Abbey been? Has the fluid in her chest been building up again, or
is the medication helping? Anything further on her prognosis?

Others with sick/hurt cats - how are they doing?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 7th 05, 08:05 PM
Candace

CatNipped wrote:
With all the bru-ha-ha going on, we haven't heard much about the health of
"at risk" kitties lately. So...

How has Abbey been? Has the fluid in her chest been building up again, or
is the medication helping? Anything further on her prognosis?

Thanks for asking, CN. I almost don't like to talk about it because
I'm afraid I'll jinx something but she's doing quite well (and I just
literally knocked on wood). She has not been back to the vet since her
ultrasound. I don't see the point in taking her when she seems to be
doing fine especially since they were fairly negative about her
prognosis last time. She's still on lasix and rutin, still a PITA to
pill. Eats good, plays, rolls around on the floor acting cute, walks
with her tail up, pretty much like she used to be. Her breathing,
which I monitor incessantly, is fairly fast, usually around 45, lower
when sleeping, sometimes down to 26, but up to 60 when she exerts
herself or when we pill her. Even when it's slow, though, it looks
different than other cats' breathing...you can tell she's diaphragm
breathing but it doesn't seem to bother her. I suppose you get used to
it like someone with emphysema or other breathing problem would.

I don't know, I try to just think of her normally (when I'm not
monitoring her breathing every few minutes) and hope for the best. I
would like her to show the vets they were wrong.

I took some really cute pics of her and Scottie about 3 weeks ago but
they were with my regular camera instead of the digital (which was in
China at the time) so I haven't gotten them developed yet. I'll post
them when I do.

She still wants everyone to pray for her and think about her (she's
that kind of girl).

Candace

Old July 7th 05, 08:09 PM
Kitkat

Candace wrote:

She still wants everyone to pray for her and think about her (she's
that kind of girl).

Candace

Thinkin of Abbey! And of you too, Candace!

purr purr purr,
pam

Old July 7th 05, 10:18 PM
CatNipped

"Candace" wrote in message
ps.com...

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Well, obviously, I'm still thinking about her and we're still sending purrs
and purr-ayers that she remains well. I'm very glad to hear that she hasn't
had any problems lately also literally knocking on wood. Do you have a
good feeling about your vet in other areas, or do you think you'd want to
get a second opinion from someone else who could give your better/more
treatment options?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 8th 05, 12:10 AM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
ps.com...

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

I'm so glad she is doing better!! Walking with her tail up is supposed
to mean she feels good, too. Way to go, Abbey!

Old July 8th 05, 05:05 AM
Phil P.

"Candace" wrote in message
ps.com...

CatNipped wrote:
With all the bru-ha-ha going on, we haven't heard much about the health

of
"at risk" kitties lately. So...

How has Abbey been? Has the fluid in her chest been building up again,

or
is the medication helping? Anything further on her prognosis?

Thanks for asking, CN. I almost don't like to talk about it because
I'm afraid I'll jinx something but she's doing quite well (and I just
literally knocked on wood).

That's why I didn't ask- No news is good news.

I really think she'll continue to improve. If the fibrosing pleuritis was
very serious, she'd be having a much harder time breathing.

I have a good gut feeling! Give her scritch behind the ear for me!

Phil

Old July 8th 05, 06:12 AM

Candace wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
[...]

So far, so good; and good thoughts for Abbey. :-)

Cathy

Candace