Ollie's unfortunate experience

Old June 20th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default Ollie's unfortunate experience

This afternoon, it occurred to me that I hadn't seen Ollie for a while.
He aften goes off by himself for a few hours so I didn't think much of
it. Marion's son Paul was staying with us for a few days, so with
people going in and out fo the house at all times, I assumed somebody
had seen him. But when I mentioned this to Paul he hadn't either. Oops.
Fortunately the time Paul mentioned not seeing him at reminded me of
what I'd been doing then: putting something in the garage. So I went
out there, opened the door, and Ollie came straight out, having been
shut in for a day and a half.

I thought, good grief he must be hungry (as a 1-year-old growing fast
he must be eating a lot), but he only ate a mouthful and then found
something much more interesting...

....following me into the toilet to watch me pee and flush it.

He doesn't appear exactly traumatized by the ordeal. I actually hoped
he *would* be a bit freaked, as it might put him off sneaking through
doors that are about to be shut.

The same happened to my Mingus just after we moved here. He was so
shocked by the experience of being kept in the dark with no dinner
for more than a day that not only would he never go near the garage
door again, he would meow desperately at me if *I* went near it, to
warn me of the deadly danger. But Ollie just doesn't give a bugger.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old June 21st 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 23:40:00 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

[...]

Cinders played a mind-game on me a few nights ago, making me think that
she had been shut in the bathroom closet. She normally spends most of
the night on the bed near me. However, that night I woke up around 2 AM
and heard very muffled-sounding meows. It occurred to me that I hadn't
seen her since about an hour before bedtime, around the time I got
something out of the bathroom closet. So, I got out of bed and was about
to head to the bathroom, to let her out, when I looked over in the corner
of my bedroom and saw her curled up on the floor, meowing at about 1/3
her usual volume. I said, "All right, cat, you fooled me." She then
proceeded to meow a couple of times at normal volume, and then got up
onto my bed.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old June 21st 08, 08:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Fortunately the time Paul mentioned not seeing him at reminded me of
what I'd been doing then: putting something in the garage. So I went
out there, opened the door, and Ollie came straight out, having been
shut in for a day and a half.

I thought, good grief he must be hungry (as a 1-year-old growing fast
he must be eating a lot), but he only ate a mouthful and then found
something much more interesting...

...following me into the toilet to watch me pee and flush it.

He doesn't appear exactly traumatized by the ordeal. I actually hoped
he *would* be a bit freaked, as it might put him off sneaking through
doors that are about to be shut.

Hmm. Sounds like he might like to learn the painful lesson more than
once. Too bad it's also painful for you!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^