Get your latest Marlo update here...

Old November 10th 16, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Get your latest Marlo update here...

Marlo has been going out on the patio at Mom's house lately. When I
first took her off the street (10 years ago), she wouldn't leave the
house even when the other cats went into the (fenced in) backyard. She
liked it inside altough she did finally start going out. But Mom has
this big screened patio and after living at the house for a few weeks
she decided that she liked going into it.

The other day she spent the night there. Mom went out to take out the
garbage and didn't notice that Marlo followed her out. She doesn't
always sleep with Mom so her disappearance wasn't noted until Mom woke
up without Marlo's help, and then Mom went to look for her. She had
been outside all night and seemed perfectly happy with that. But Mom
learned her lesson and Marlo will spend nights inside for now on.

We went to the vet today. Even though Mom and I continue to feed her
lots of stuff from the table in addition to her prescription food,
she's down to about 10.5 lbs. That's really good - at her last vet
visit a month ago she ws 12 lbs and she started her diet at around 15.
Plus, the fur on her abdomen is really filling in, so it appears that
everything is going well. We also exercise her quite a bit with
various string toys.

That's the update.

Old November 10th 16, 08:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 11/9/2016 8:48 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

That's really good news! Taking her to your Mom's was obviously the
right move.
Old November 10th 16, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 11/10/2016 2:19 AM, Joy wrote:
On 11/9/2016 8:48 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

I agree. Marlo and mom seem to like the arrangement, too.

Jill
Old November 11th 16, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:28:51 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 11/10/2016 2:19 AM, Joy wrote:
On 11/9/2016 8:48 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

Mom wasn't really a cat person but she's been alone almost three years
and lies having someone to talk to. She calls me up once in a while to
tell me the latest cute thing that Marlo is doing.
Old November 11th 16, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

On 11/10/2016 2:19 AM, Joy wrote:
On 11/9/2016 8:48 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

Isn't that sweet? I'm so glad everything is working out. Also, thank
you for uprooting your life and moving with all the cats to be closer to
your mother. You have my admiration for that; it speaks volumes. I
recall when you were looking for a map of pet friendly motels...

You're there, basically settled with the rest of the clowder. A house
in the same neighborhood. Mom and Marlo... both happy. What a
wonderful thing. Congrats!

Jill
Old November 12th 16, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

On 11/10/2016 2:19 AM, Joy wrote:
On 11/9/2016 8:48 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

One of my cousins (my mother's sister's son) and his wife moved into a
house between the two of us so we're thinking that maybe we should
start getting referral fees. We were always close growing up so it's
really nice to be near each other. I also have another relative
interested in maybe coming here but we'll see. She lives in Austin and
that's an awfully nice place to live.
Old November 11th 16, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

On 11/10/2016 2:19 AM, Joy wrote:
On 11/9/2016 8:48 PM, dgk wrote:
[...]

It sounds as though Marlo has made a convert! :-)