How's Peanut?

Old May 17th 05, 02:33 PM
Slimpickins

Default How's Peanut?

Hanson,

So how's Peanut doing today? Is he eating? What's the latest update? :-)

ML

Old May 18th 05, 08:53 PM
hanson

Thanks so much for your asking. Peanut is doing well. He is finally
eating normally. He still limps pretty badly, but I hope that will get
better in time. He is starting to groom himself again, he is crying to
go outside (NO he will NOT go outside again!),

I still have some trouble giving him his pills, especially now that he
is stronger. Man, he is one tough kitty! I am supposed to give him 2
pills per day... one steroid and one muscle relaxer. This morning I
failed 3 times, but will try again when I get home from work. I will
get it eventually... maybe I should sneak up on him while he is
sleeping.

Thanks again for asking, Peanut and I appreciate your concern.

Warmest Regards

Old May 18th 05, 09:11 PM
Mary

"hanson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks so much for your asking. Peanut is doing well. He is finally
eating normally.

Yay, Peanut!

He still limps pretty badly, but I hope that will get
better in time. He is starting to groom himself again, he is crying to
go outside (NO he will NOT go outside again!),

Oh, man, good for you. I was afraid to bring it up. He will be
much happier and healthier as an indoor kitty.

I still have some trouble giving him his pills, especially now that he
is stronger. Man, he is one tough kitty! I am supposed to give him 2
pills per day... one steroid and one muscle relaxer. This morning I
failed 3 times, but will try again when I get home from work. I will
get it eventually... maybe I should sneak up on him while he is
sleeping.

I have to pill my cat twice a day, and she is not easy either.
Some tips others have given me: put a little butter on the pills;
with kitty sitting up and his head raised, toss the pills gently
right into the center of the back of his throat, so he cannot
work it to one side or the other and spit it out, then gently
close his mouth and massage his throat in a downward m
motion. Also try petting him at the base of the tail after the
pill is in his mouth--it makes some cats swallow.

Old May 18th 05, 09:41 PM
Slimpickins

"hanson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks so much for your asking. Peanut is doing well. He is finally
eating normally. He still limps pretty badly, but I hope that will get
better in time. He is starting to groom himself again, he is crying to
go outside (NO he will NOT go outside again!),

I still have some trouble giving him his pills, especially now that he
is stronger. Man, he is one tough kitty! I am supposed to give him 2
pills per day... one steroid and one muscle relaxer. This morning I
failed 3 times, but will try again when I get home from work. I will
get it eventually... maybe I should sneak up on him while he is
sleeping.

Thanks again for asking, Peanut and I appreciate your concern.

Warmest Regards

***GREAT to hear!! :-)

Please keep us updated!

ML

Old May 19th 05, 08:14 PM
Hopitus

I think suggestions re the "pilling" itself are excellent; I would suggest
if you have a large body towel (bigger the better) wrap him up in it like a
mummy w/only his head sticking out, and then go at it. I have a 19# tough
kitty here and he also bites (!) but the towel-wrap eases my
pilling him when necessary. Try it...a "throw" bedcover would work, too.
Just something to enclose his squirming/clawing bod. Then hold him under
your arm like a football.

"Mary" wrote in message

ups.com...

Old May 19th 05, 09:35 PM
Mary

"Hopitus" wrote in message
I think suggestions re the "pilling" itself are excellent; I would suggest
if you have a large body towel (bigger the better) wrap him up in it like

mummy w/only his head sticking out, and then go at it. I have a 19# tough
kitty here and he also bites (!) but the towel-wrap eases my
pilling him when necessary. Try it...a "throw" bedcover would work, too.
Just something to enclose his squirming/clawing bod. Then hold him under
your arm like a football.

Right you are. My girls may be opinionated, but they are
neither biters nor scratchers, so your advice is good for cats
that are.

"Mary" wrote in message

ups.com...

Old May 20th 05, 05:49 AM
Rhonda

Another good update. That's a relief that Peanut is eating. He took his
time, the stinker.

As for wanting to go out, maybe you could get him an inside cat tree
with no forks in the branches?

Rhonda