Omg

Old July 13th 14, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Omg

A serious fight just took place in the conservatory. Boyfie and A N other.
Boyfie fought him off but at first Boyfie disappeared but he is back. He's
lying down but won't allow me to look to see if he is injured.
He's gone up to his bedroom now, shocked, and I will let him recover until
the morning and see how he is then. If he is injured I will take him to the
vet.
Seems like the cat came back and Boyfriend said NO WAY.
But if the poor boy is lost and wants to come here that much, I'll have to
find a way. It might involve a trap and a cats home, but I said that once
before.

Boyfie has no intention of letting him come here. But I do want another cat
so we'll see what transpires. Boyfie says no and I say yes.
If Boyfie fights the cat continually, it will have to be no.
If he keeps coming, I'll trap him to go to a no kill shelter.

somehow I knew he would come again. He is lost and I knew it.
Boyfie is not as kind as KFC who allowed him to come as a lost boy. He says
he will fight anycat who attempts to come here, lost boy or not.

azve to find

Old July 13th 14, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Larry Stark

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 02:03:48 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Purrs for everything to work out for the best and for Boyfie to be
fine and no injuries!!!

Old July 13th 14, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Art Shapiro

On 7/13/2014 5:18 AM, Larry Stark wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 02:03:48 +0100, "Christina Websell"

somehow I knew he would come again. He is lost and I knew it.

On a recent episode of "My Cat from Hell", Mr. Galaxy was faced with two
cats, one of whom didn't like the other, to put it mildly. He suggested
feeding them on opposite sides of a gate or screen at the entrance to a
room.

They gradually got used to each other, and when the screen was
ultimately removed after some number of days there were no conflicts and
they lived happily ever after, as the saying goes.

I hope you take in the kitty.

Art

Old July 14th 14, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Art Shapiro" wrote in message
On 7/13/2014 5:18 AM, Larry Stark wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 02:03:48 +0100, "Christina Websell"

somehow I knew he would come again. He is lost and I knew it.

On a recent episode of "My Cat from Hell", Mr. Galaxy was faced with two
cats, one of whom didn't like the other, to put it mildly. He suggested
feeding them on opposite sides of a gate or screen at the entrance to a
room.

They gradually got used to each other, and when the screen was ultimately
removed after some number of days there were no conflicts and they lived
happily ever after, as the saying goes.

I hope you take in the kitty.

Art

I don't think I'll be able to. If it's the Intruder who came before who I
saw a few days later in the street, he is a very big young intact tomcat
(judging by his massive cheeks), far too strong and fierce for Boyfie to
cope with.
Boyfie is now 12 and prefers a peaceful life.
If the worse comes to the worse and he comes inside again to fight, I'll
have to borrow a trap and take him to the Cat's Protection League where he
will get neutered and rehomed. Preferably far away from here..

Tweed

Old July 14th 14, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

A serious fight just took place in the conservatory. Boyfie and A N
other.

Purrs for everything to work out for the best and for Boyfie to be
fine and no injuries!!!

All the clumps of fur were Boyfie's, the conservatory looked like a bomb had
hit it with things overturned even though the fight only lasted about a
minute because I was up in a flash and out there.
Boyfie "was" injured. I'll post about it in reply to Judith.

I'm not having it!

Tweed

Old July 14th 14, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

A serious fight just took place in the conservatory. Boyfie and A N
other.

Purrs for everything to work out for the best and for Boyfie to be
fine and no injuries!!!

All the clumps of fur were Boyfie's, the conservatory looked like a bomb had
hit it with things overturned even though the fight only lasted about a
minute because I was up in a flash and out there.
Boyfie "was" injured. I'll post about it in reply to Judith.

I'm not having it!

Tweed

No one can blame you for that! Boyfie has earned his peaceful
retirement. If you can't find the intruder's home, fr better to trap
him and get him neutered and rehomed. (I will NEVER understand why
people don't have their male cats neutered, unless they are thoroughbred
breeding stock - in which case one would assume they are confined to
thier home kennel.)

Old July 14th 14, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

somehow I knew he would come again. He is lost and I knew it.

I fail to see HOW you could know that.

because he keeps trying to get into the house via the conservatory ( which
is how Boyfie tried when he was lost)
But I cannot accept that he attacks my boy in his own home. So the plan
is that if he comes again, I'll have a catch alive trap.

Old July 16th 14, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

m...
I'm not having it!

Tweed

No one can blame you for that! Boyfie has earned his peaceful retirement.
If you can't find the intruder's home, fr better to trap him and get him
neutered and rehomed. (I will NEVER understand why people don't have
their male cats neutered, unless they are thoroughbred breeding stock - in
which case one would assume they are confined to thier home kennel.)

I don't understand why some people don't get their boys neutered either.
They have a horrible life if left entire, wandering and fighting, at risk of
feline Aids & other blood-tranfer type diseases. Not to mention hunger as
they don't go home for ages and the danger they can be to peace-loving
neutered chaps meatloafing in their own conservatory :-)
If I could find out where the offending boy lived, I'd pay them a visit and
show them the vet's bill. It may have saved them some money not paying to
get him snipped - and I think that's why it's often not done. But their
negligence cost me over 50 GBP.
If they can't pay for his snip, he's unlikely to have a microchip, so if he
comes again with malice aforethought, they are likely to lose him forever.
No sign of him again - maybe Boyfie did enough.

Over here, females get spayed far more often. So much so that even
"ordinary" kittens are in quite short supply where I live. Which is a very
good thing.

I guess I have to be grateful that someone didn't bother to neuter
Boyfriend, otherwise I wouldn't have got what I consider to be the most kind
and gentle boycat in the world. He totally changed my mind about cats.
Both the cat I had in my childhood & KFC were total grumps. They would both
scratch and bite. Boyfie would not dream of of it.