"Getting rid" of a cat......

Old November 23rd 03, 12:40 AM
KatGrrrrl99

Default "Getting rid" of a cat......

I need to vent about this & I knew other cat lovers would understand....

My Father In Law has a new girlfriend & she had a gorgeous little tuxedo named
Patches that is 4 yrs old....
My Father in law is a cheap, manipulative, cat hating *******! He told his
Girlfriend to "Get rid" of her cat & DUMPS him on me!
It took me 3 days to find the little guy a home & he truly was delightful the
whole time!!! My 9 yr. old Siamese even liked him!!!! )
WHY would a woman choose a man over her companion of 4 years?!?!?!? When me &
my hubby first started going out...I told my hubby Me & Bastet (My kitty) were
a package deal & he said he wouldn't have it any other way!
I'm sorry...I just had to get this off my chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vincent 6/27/01
Dorothy 6/4/03

Quitters never win, and winners never quit, but those who never quit AND never
win are idiots.

Old November 23rd 03, 12:52 AM
jmcquown

KatGrrrrl99 wrote:
My Father in law is a cheap, manipulative, cat hating *******! He
told his Girlfriend to "Get rid" of her cat & DUMPS him on me!

WHY would a woman choose a man over her companion of 4 years?!?!?!?
When me & my hubby first started going out...I told my hubby Me &
Bastet (My kitty) were a package deal & he said he wouldn't have it
any other way!
I'm sorry...I just had to get this off my chest.

Some women are so insecure they will do anything to have a "man". I feel
sorry for her. I give the relationship 6 months to a year, then she'll be
wishing she still had her cat.

Jill

Old November 23rd 03, 01:13 AM
Junebug

"jmcquown" wrote in message
KatGrrrrl99 wrote:
My Father in law is a cheap, manipulative, cat hating *******! He
told his Girlfriend to "Get rid" of her cat & DUMPS him on me!

WHY would a woman choose a man over her companion of 4 years?!?!?!?
When me & my hubby first started going out...I told my hubby Me &
Bastet (My kitty) were a package deal & he said he wouldn't have it
any other way!
I'm sorry...I just had to get this off my chest.

Some women are so insecure they will do anything to have a "man". I feel
sorry for her. I give the relationship 6 months to a year, then she'll be
wishing she still had her cat.

Jill

I totally agree with you Jill! Some women don't have enough self-esteem to
say no. I can see nothing but problems with this relationship. At least
the kitty was left with KatGrrrl and not dumped at an SPCA or worse--just
dumped somewhere.

Junebug

Old November 23rd 03, 02:25 AM
Mary

My Father in law is a cheap, manipulative, cat hating *******! He told his
Girlfriend to "Get rid" of her cat & DUMPS him on me!

What's really sad is that relationships that start out like that are either bad
or end quickly. Then she doesn't have her loving little kitty anymore to help
her through the sad time. I wouldn't give up my cat for a guy because that guy
obviously wouldn't be for me and I'd miss cats terribly. A guy who everyone
said was a "total ten" asked to marry me but he said I had to get rid of my cat
Boots. I said no way! then along came a much nicer guy who was better suited to
me. The relationship with the "ten" would not have lasted. I saved myself a lot
of heartbreak and my great kitty, Boots.
Old November 23rd 03, 02:39 AM
KatGrrrrl99

The bad thing was...He was going to KILL him with a mallet & If I hadn't taken
time off work to come & get him-It wouldn't have had a happy ending!!!!
I don't understand a woman who would let a guy do that....I really don't!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old November 23rd 03, 02:59 AM

KatGrrrrl99 wrote:

The bad thing was...He was going to KILL him with a mallet & If I
hadn't taken time off work to come & get him-It wouldn't have had a
happy ending!!!! I don't understand a woman who would let a guy do
that....I really don't!!

I don't think it's a matter of "letting" him.. if someone has plans to
do something like that, it would be pretty hard to stop him. I mean,
she has to go to work, right? Or to sleep? She can't watch over the cat
24/7.

What I can't understand is, how she could even stand to be in the same
room with, let alone marry, someone who threatened to kill her cat. Wow,
I think the other posters who talked about low self-esteem had it right.
She must be feeling pretty desperate to be willing to put up with this
creep.

And you know what psychologists say about people who are cruel to
animals... humans are next. I hope you don't find *her* at your door
someday, looking for refuge. Hopefully she'll dump him before it
comes to that!

Joyce
Old November 23rd 03, 03:18 AM
MaryL

"KatGrrrrl99" wrote in message
The bad thing was...He was going to KILL him with a mallet & If I hadn't

taken
time off work to come & get him-It wouldn't have had a happy ending!!!!
I don't understand a woman who would let a guy do that....I really don't!!

This woman is an idiot for staying with your father-in-law. She should have
thrown him out immediately. Not only was he willing to commit a real
atrocity against the poor cat, but he very well could be a menace to this
woman in the future. Wife/child abusers often start out as animal abusers.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)