I cant find the kittens!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Old May 17th 05, 04:48 PM
Mom'O3

Default I cant find the kittens!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Im going to make this quick so that I can look again.

My Cat had her kittens this morning. She is small, her backside showed
that she had definately given birth.

Shes not going to her kittens, not for the past 5 hours, not once.

I have torn my house apart! Even the neighbors helped! Trust me I
have looked everywhere.

What could be happening?

She was definately in the house all night. I woke up to her sitting on
my bed.

Im frantic! Please Help!

Thanks,
Marci

Old May 17th 05, 05:16 PM
MaryL

"Mom'O3" wrote in message
oups.com...
Im going to make this quick so that I can look again.

My Cat had her kittens this morning. She is small, her backside showed
that she had definately given birth.

Shes not going to her kittens, not for the past 5 hours, not once.

I have torn my house apart! Even the neighbors helped! Trust me I
have looked everywhere.

What could be happening?

She was definately in the house all night. I woke up to her sitting on
my bed.

Im frantic! Please Help!

Thanks,
Marci

Look for any little enclosed area, especially one that could be warn (such
as within the confines of a blanket). Also look into any boxes -- and,
obviously, under objects such as beds. Cats can "hole up" in remarkably
small spaces.

MaryL

Old May 17th 05, 05:22 PM
MaryL

"Mom'O3" wrote in message
oups.com...
Im going to make this quick so that I can look again.

My Cat had her kittens this morning. She is small, her backside showed
that she had definately given birth.

Shes not going to her kittens, not for the past 5 hours, not once.

I have torn my house apart! Even the neighbors helped! Trust me I
have looked everywhere.

What could be happening?

She was definately in the house all night. I woke up to her sitting on
my bed.

Im frantic! Please Help!

Thanks,
Marci

Look for any little enclosed area, especially one that could be warn (such
as within the confines of a blanket). Also look into any boxes -- and,
obviously, under objects such as beds. Cats can "hole up" in remarkably
small spaces.

MaryL

Also: look in any dresser drawers that could have been open, even for a
short time. My sister once reached around her bathroom door with dripping
hair, opened a drawer, reached in, and got a towel -- then left for work.
Fortunately, I was visiting and heard one of her cats crying. I looked all
through the house and finally located it in the towel drawer!

MaryL

Old May 17th 05, 06:20 PM
Mom'O3

Thanks guys, Im still looking. Shouldnt Kitty be near them? Shes
hasnt left my side at all today, right now shes sitting on my foot!

My neighbor said something terrible! She said if there was anything
wrong with the kittens the Mom may have eaten them! Is this true?

Im frantic!

Going to look more.......

Old May 17th 05, 06:40 PM
kaeli

In article .com, Mresch99
@hotmail.com enlightened us with...
Im going to make this quick so that I can look again.
My Cat had her kittens this morning. She is small, her backside showed
that she had definately given birth.
Shes not going to her kittens, not for the past 5 hours, not once.
I have torn my house apart! Even the neighbors helped! Trust me I
have looked everywhere.
What could be happening?
She was definately in the house all night. I woke up to her sitting on
my bed.
Im frantic! Please Help!

Some thoughts...

If she hasn't gone to them, it is possible they were stillborn or sickly. (is
this her first litter? what is her age? she may not know how to care for
kittens.)

Having strangers in the home will possibly prevent her going to them.
Instinctively, she may protect the location of her "den" and not want to
reveal it. If she smells your fear, same deal.

How can you be certain she didn't go out, if she had access? Are you 100%
sure she had no access?

Think like a momma cat. You looked everywhere *you* thought of. Get down to
her level and look around. Look UP and UNDER and IN. Her instinct might have
prompted her to hide them. Think safe and warm and hidden. To a CAT, not a
human.

Good luck.

~kaeli~
If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old May 17th 05, 06:43 PM
Mom'O3

I FOUND THEM!
I FOUND THEM!
I FOUND THEM!

G-d bless you Mary! I found them in a closed empty toy drawer.....the
top drawer was open though. She must have called thru from the top.
Kitty is nursing them now. It looks like 4. I dont want to disturb
them right now. I will post more in a bit.

Mary,

Thank you so much for your reply! I never would have thought to
check there. And I think Kitty was having a hard time getting back to
them. Maybe that was why she was following me around, she needed help!
I'll post more later today. Let you know the count and all.

Sincerely,
Marci

Old May 17th 05, 06:43 PM
Niel Humphreys

"Mom'O3" wrote in message
ps.com...
Thanks guys, Im still looking. Shouldnt Kitty be near them? Shes
hasnt left my side at all today, right now shes sitting on my foot!

My neighbor said something terrible! She said if there was anything
wrong with the kittens the Mom may have eaten them! Is this true?

Yep, that's nature.
--

Niel H
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Snowdon-Computers

Old May 17th 05, 06:44 PM
Jennifer

Mom'O3 wrote:

My neighbor said something terrible! She said if there was anything
wrong with the kittens the Mom may have eaten them! Is this true?

I'm sorry to say that that was my first thought, but I didn't want to
say anything till you'd had more time to find them. Yes, the mother
may have killed and eaten the kittens, but don't give up yet.

--
Jennifer

Old May 17th 05, 06:47 PM
Mary

"Mom'O3" wrote in message
oups.com...
I FOUND THEM!
I FOUND THEM!
I FOUND THEM!

G-d bless you Mary!

That's MaryL., just to clarify. I am so glad you found them!!

I found them in a closed empty toy drawer.....the
top drawer was open though. She must have called thru from the top.
Kitty is nursing them now. It looks like 4. I dont want to disturb
them right now. I will post more in a bit.

Mary,

Thank you so much for your reply! I never would have thought to
check there. And I think Kitty was having a hard time getting back to
them. Maybe that was why she was following me around, she needed help!
I'll post more later today. Let you know the count and all.

I never would have thought of looking in a drawer. Yay! I want to see
pictures of them when you have any.

Old May 17th 05, 06:48 PM
Mary

"Jennifer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mom'O3 wrote:

My neighbor said something terrible! She said if there was anything
wrong with the kittens the Mom may have eaten them! Is this true?

I'm sorry to say that that was my first thought, but I didn't want to
say anything till you'd had more time to find them. Yes, the mother
may have killed and eaten the kittens, but don't give up yet.

Could they do this without leaving a sign?