Tee hee...My Honey and Joe Kitty

Old May 9th 04, 02:17 AM
Yoj

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

Sherry wrote:

Since DH would not stop, I"ll never know what one does at a Toad

Squat
Festival.

Sherry

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM????

Theresa

I know, I know. The man has no sense of adventure. :-)

Rob's dad was that way. They were driving from Florida to Idaho

between
assignments (Dad was going to go to Vietnam for the second time) and
passed near the Grand Canyon. The whole family begged and pleaded,

but
Dad refused to make the detour. This year we're taking that detour.

Cripes, thats so *not* our family! We've been known to hop in the car,

and
then just drive, and just turning where the family consensus told us

to go!
It often means you end up in a dead end country lane, but sometimes

you
discover themost interesting and totally obscure places that you can

drop in
and say G'Day (they'll remember you, since they never get anyone but

locals
come through) when you are actually on your way to *somewhere*.

Even these days, I love just going for a drive, especially if its a

damp and
dreary day and exploring all the roads I possibly can. In fact, youcan
almost hear Joel groan when I say cheerily (as I'm turning into it) "I
wonder where that road goes?".

Yowie

You would have gotten along well with my late husband. He was always
wanting to go for a ride. Sometimes we enjoyed it, but often he would
keep driving long after the rest of us were sick of riding in the car.

Joy

Old May 9th 04, 03:44 AM
Victor Martinez

Jo Firey wrote:
for drives in the country. The whole point of which was to get lost. That
of course meant finding a road you had never taken before and seeing where
it went. I still do it if I really need a break.

Tom *loves* new roads, particularly if they're little back roads. He has
a large atlas of Texas where he highlights every road he's been on. It's
quite impressive!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 9th 04, 05:28 AM
Jo Firey

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
for drives in the country. The whole point of which was to get lost.

That
of course meant finding a road you had never taken before and seeing

where
it went. I still do it if I really need a break.

Tom *loves* new roads, particularly if they're little back roads. He has
a large atlas of Texas where he highlights every road he's been on. It's
quite impressive!

--
Victor Martinez

Sounds like he would have enjoyed our afternoon jaunt last Monday. We were
in Hendersonville, NC. Drove to Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. Fine so far, a
tourist area and well marked. Then drove to the south end of the lake and
didn't want to back track so headed up the east side of the lake. Now North
Carolina isn't big on road signs or highway numbers. Kind of figure if you
got there you oughta know where you are. We didn't have a map. But it was
a beautiful day for a drive and the rental car handled nicely. Besides if
you make enough left turns you have to eventually get back if not to where
you started, to some point along your way.

Don't know what bothered Charlie more, that I didn't know where I was going,
or that I ended up where I wanted to anyway.

Jo

Old May 9th 04, 05:39 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Sat, 8 May 2004 16:49:31 -0700, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

When my parents were newlyweds and couldn't afford much else, they would go
for drives in the country. The whole point of which was to get lost. That
of course meant finding a road you had never taken before and seeing where
it went. I still do it if I really need a break.

Jo

Oh, my first husband and I used to do this, and it was *so* much fun.
Without a car or anyone good enough to drive one (ex-DH was a
professional delivery/cab driver), I can't go "get lost" in the
country anymore. I sure do miss it!

Ginger-lyn
who once insisted ex-DH have a new experience and pet a cow along the
roadside on on of those trips ;-)

Old May 9th 04, 07:31 PM
KLC

Alright, Yowie,

when I come to Australia, you can drive me down all sorts of roads and
help me explore the place, eh?

KLC
---------------

Old May 9th 04, 07:42 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 09 May 2004 18:31:36 GMT, KLC
yodeled:

Alright, Yowie,

when I come to Australia, you can drive me down all sorts of roads and
help me explore the place, eh?

KLC

Just don't forget, stay to the left.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)