Sad Vet Trip

Old March 31st 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sad Vet Trip

On 2006-03-30 18:45:35 -0600, "Shiral" said:

No, not the ULTIMATE sad vet trip, quite yet. But I took Pan in for a
follow up vet visit today, and while Pan's thyroid is normal, Dr. Mell
believes his kidneys are going. There is very little he can do, and
that would only delay the inevitable. When you're an eighteen year-old
cat, you're an eighteen year old cat.

Pan has noticeably slowed down even since January, and although
he's getting enough thyroid now, he's still very thin, but not very
interested in his food after taking the first few bites. He's lost
strength in his hind legs, and spends most of his time sleeping, and he
can't seem to get warm enough. I definitely don't want to see him
suffer. Dr. Mell said "He's ready to go, it's a matter of when you're
ready to let him go."
So......probably next week, I'll have to send him away over the Rainbow
Bridge to rejoin Isadora. I just couldn't do it today, and I doubt I
could do it tomorrow, either.

Melissa

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Melissa)))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))

It's so very hard. Give Unka Pan a kiss from me.

Old March 31st 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Big purrs to you and Pan.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

oups.com...

Old March 31st 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So......probably next week, I'll have to send him away over the
Rainbow
Bridge to rejoin Isadora. I just couldn't do it today, and I doubt I
could do it tomorrow, either.

Melissa

Hugs to you and Pan

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 31st 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Shiral" wrote
No, not the ULTIMATE sad vet trip, quite yet.

Empathetic purrs to you both.

Pan will indeed let you know when he's had enough and I hope you find
the strength to react at once, if you keep him with you too long you'll
never forgive yourself later. I missed the right moment by a couple of
days with dear Aries over 12 years ago and am still kicking myself
(figuratively).

We'll be thinking of you
Gordon, Bandit, Snowball, Claudius and Raki.
And in loving memory of Aries, Kensey and Pericles.

Old March 31st 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 31st 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My most heartfelt sympathies -- this is the single hardest time of being
your cat's best friend. I have so been where you are and my heart goes out
to you and Pan. Lots of purrs for you all from us and know we're thinking
of you.
Christine and Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker
oups.com...

Old March 31st 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 30 Mar 2006 16:45:35 -0800, "Shiral"
yodeled:

[...]

Oh, poor dear Pan. What a wonderful cat. Purrs for the rest of his
time to be happy. And purrs for strength for you.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 31st 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-31, Shiral penned:

Pan has noticeably slowed down even since January, and although
he's getting enough thyroid now, he's still very thin, but not
very interested in his food after taking the first few bites.
He's lost strength in his hind legs, and spends most of his
time sleeping, and he can't seem to get warm enough. I
definitely don't want to see him suffer. Dr. Mell said "He's
ready to go, it's a matter of when you're ready to let him go."
So......probably next week, I'll have to send him away over the
Rainbow Bridge to rejoin Isadora. I just couldn't do it today,
and I doubt I could do it tomorrow, either.

Purrs for you and for Pan.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 31st 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 30 Mar 2006 16:45:35 -0800, "Shiral" wrote:

[...]

{{{Melissa}}} I am so sorry.

When you make that hard decision, we'll be here for you.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old March 31st 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Many purrs for Pan's happiness and quality of time he has with you; and I'm
sure it's top quality, I can tell you love him mightly. Purring for you too,
for your courage in facing up to this time, and for your spirit to be strong
and healing to yourself and Pan both.

Blessed be,
Baha