[OT] More Katrina Recovery Pictures

Old April 2nd 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] More Katrina Recovery Pictures

"Sam" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
Erin just sent me these (via snail-mail since they won't have cable for a
loooooong time yet). It's been 7 months and 3 days since the storm, and
most people along the Gulf Coast are still homeless. My daughter is one
of the lucky ones (as well as being very handy and industrious) since all
they need to do is buy the materials and they can rebuild their house
themselves. So far they're second in their neighborhood as far as how far
along they are towards having their home fixed.

There are quite a few pictures, so I broke them up into separate dates -
just click the "NEXT PAGE" link at the bottom of each page to advance to
the next.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/Recovery4/2006_01_06/

However, even if you don't want to slog through all the pictures, I'd
like to point out the pictures on the following page and the next few
pages because, although it's nice to have a daughter who's handy,
OHMYGAWD somebody pass me the nitro-glycerin tables 'cause it's the big
one Elizabeth! ;

http://www.possibleplaces.com/Recovery4/2006_03_15/

Huggles back at ya, CN. And pass some on to Erin and family when you can.
From the first pix you shared to now it's amazing how much progress has
been made. And prayers of thanks for the men from Erin's church group who
came and pitched in.

Thanks Sam! It is amazing what they've done with what they were dealt. I'm
very proud of them. I can only imagine how good they'll feel when
everything is done and they know that they've accomplished it all with their
own blood, sweat and tears!

BTW, did FEMA ever get the utilities hooked up in the trailer?

Nope. After Katrina, when they first allowed people back in, they asked
that everyone take the "pan" (?) off of their electricity meters. Since
FEMA never did come out to connect them, they finally decided, after almost
three weeks, to just hook it up themselves! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old April 2nd 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I went to the high speed internet cafe around the corner yesterday to look
at the pics. Great job they have done and they really have come a long way.
The house will be way better than before. Congrats to them all!
--
Britta

Old April 2nd 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sorry Lori, got back on here but can't seem to get any pics up,
but I'm glad to hear that they are going Ok now. Dont know
why I can't get Pics on here, I can get them on Catslaves as a rule
but its nice just being back and talking to old friends again,
Hugs Jean & big W.

Old April 2nd 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote in message
I went to the high speed internet cafe around the corner yesterday to look
at the pics. Great job they have done and they really have come a long
way.
The house will be way better than before. Congrats to them all!
--
Britta

Thanks Britta! How is your move going?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 2nd 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jean Hobbs" wrote in message
Sorry Lori, got back on here but can't seem to get any pics up,
but I'm glad to hear that they are going Ok now. Dont know
why I can't get Pics on here, I can get them on Catslaves as a rule
but its nice just being back and talking to old friends again,
Hugs Jean & big W.

Jean, it's a link to a web page (or rather web pages) - are you having
trouble seeing images on internet pages?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 2nd 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Lori, I am full of admiration for your daughter and son in law, working so
hard on their ruined home.
They are truly amazing and you must feel very proud of their spirit.

Tweed

Old April 2nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Tweed.

Yes, I am very proud of them.

They could have just given up and lived off FEMA benefits until they ran out
and then moved on to food stamps and welfare (the American dole) - that's
what a lot of Katrina victims *are* doing. And everyone would probably have
understood giving up in the face of such unbelievable, mind-boggling,
large-scale disaster.

Instead they squarely faced what fate had handed them, then rolled up their
sleeves and got to work rebuilding their lives.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 3rd 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"badwilson" wrote in message
I went to the high speed internet cafe around the corner yesterday to

look
at the pics. Great job they have done and they really have come a long
way.
The house will be way better than before. Congrats to them all!
--
Britta

Thanks Britta! How is your move going?

Well, the ship with our stuff is enroute to Perth. I will get there with
Vino in a week. Right now I'm trying to line up a house to rent. Things
are coming along, slowly and surely. Amazing how much stuff there is to
plan for a move like this!
--
Britta

Old April 3rd 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

And seriously, even my granddaughter's are learning a lot from this
experience - not just the mechanical tasks, they're also learning about work
ethics, perseverance, shopping savvy and how to find good quality materials,
the value of do-it-yourself, and the courage it takes to rebuild your life
from scratch with your own two hands.

--

So, are you having to buy bigger shirts to accomodate the new chest
that's swelled with pride? I sure would. They are a remarkable

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita
Old April 3rd 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jane" wrote in message

And seriously, even my granddaughter's are learning a lot from this
experience - not just the mechanical tasks, they're also learning about
work
ethics, perseverance, shopping savvy and how to find good quality
materials,
the value of do-it-yourself, and the courage it takes to rebuild your life
from scratch with your own two hands.

--

So, are you having to buy bigger shirts to accomodate the new chest
that's swelled with pride? I sure would. They are a remarkable
family. You must be so very proud of them.
*grin*

LOL! Yeah, I really am! ;

--

Hugs,