the gang of Orange update!

Old April 4th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default the gang of Orange update!

hi everyone! I know I've been a bit absentish lately, I have been trying to
keep up with all your posts and such, but I haven't had time to tell much
about what's going on here!
Well, everyone is growing up now! Jasmine has settled down really well after
her operation, she is back to her playful self, and spends a lot of time
playing in a very undignified, kittenish way with the kittens! I have my
original Jasmine back! It's as if she was too busy being 'mum' to be
Jasmine, but now she is relaxing again. So far she is still Boss cat,
although Cougar looks like she may be thinking of challenging the boss
sometime over the next year. Cougar is a real worry, as she is very
aggressive over food, but refuses to eat cat food unless she definitely
isn't going to get anything else! i did see her eat some kibble when she was
in the room on her own ( I was peeking in the window) but as soon as she
spotted me, she tried to pretend she wasn't eating, and was in fact starving
to death as i wasn't feeding her the food she deserved! Mango is still an
idiot, he is very bright, but in a kind of scooby doo way, and is very much
On His Dignity as adolescents usually are! they are charming at that age! He
is very meticulous about cleaning, and washes himself, and the others,
mercilessly. He and Congo are great mates, and still spend a lot of time
together. Congo is really starting to come out of his shell, he is the big,
quiet one, but recently has started coming up asking for pats and snuggles.
Moe and garfield are beautiful, charming cats, and show signs of becoming
beautiful big fluffy smoochy tigers! they are very hard to tell apart at a
glance! I have been a bit concerned about garfield, he has had a bit of
diarrhea lately, I think he may have spat out his worming tablet when I
wasn't looking, so I will worm him again today. They are due to be desexed
next month. I am still struggling with convincing she is an inside cat, she
keeps escaping, and now she's not pregnant she runs very fast and I cannot
catch her. I am getting her a leash soon, and buying a large aviary from my
neighbour to use for outdoor excercise, and I am hoping that will improve
her life a bit. Myself and DH are starting Uni again next semester, and we
will have to move to a smaller house. i am a bit worried about what to do,
as real estates kind of baulk at the number of cats I have. I have
advertised on freecycle for homes for Moe and Garfield, I don't want them to
go, but I don't know how I can keep them. I am looking for homes for those
two, as they are the most gregarious, but Congo is very shy and would not
adjust well. i am hoping to find a home for them together, but I'm not sure.
It's a bit of a dilemma. Anyway, that's us for now!