[OT] Need Medical Translation

Old December 7th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default [OT] Need Medical Translation

I *SO* miss Howard Berkowitz right now! ; I'm hoping there is maybe
someone else in the group that could help me translate the "findings" of my
MRI.

I recently had the MRI done to see if we could pinpoint the injury to my
neck that I did 18 month ago. This is the "findings" and I have *NO* idea
what they mean (and can't get in to see the doctor for him to interpret for
quite some time).

Examination of the C3-C4 level shows significant compromise of the right
neural foramen due to hypertrophic bone arising from the uncinate process
and also from the posterior elements. This constitutes significant right
side foraminal stenosis at V3-C4.

All this sounds quite scary and I would appreciate any help you could give
me in translating the above to English! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 7th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie W

Default Need Medical Translation

On Dec 6, 6:20 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

I can't give you a literal translation, but going back to when Jim had
stenosis, it meant that the place where the nerve passes through has
narrowed. His was in his lower back. Yours is in your neck. If you
google the key terms, you will learn more and find out that it might
be able to be cured with minimally invasive surgery and who in Houston
might be able to do it. Physical therapy will not take care of it.

Good luck.

Annie
Old December 7th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I *SO* miss Howard Berkowitz right now! ; I'm hoping there is maybe
someone else in the group that could help me translate the "findings" of my
MRI.

I recently had the MRI done to see if we could pinpoint the injury to my
neck that I did 18 month ago. This is the "findings" and I have *NO* idea
what they mean (and can't get in to see the doctor for him to interpret
for quite some time).

Examination of the C3-C4 level shows significant compromise of the right
neural foramen due to hypertrophic bone arising from the uncinate process
and also from the posterior elements. This constitutes significant right
side foraminal stenosis at V3-C4.

All this sounds quite scary and I would appreciate any help you could give
me in translating the above to English! ;

Looking at the area of the neck between neckbone 3 and neckbone 4 (C3-C4),
the right hand side of the place were the nerves leave the spinal chord and
go out to the rest of the body (neural foramen) is not right because of bone
thickening (hypertrophic) at the front and the back of the area (uncinate
process and posterior elements). This has caused significant 'strangling' of
the nerves (foraminal stenosis) between neckbone 4 and backbone 3 (V3-C4).

There you go - you damaged your neck bones, and its pressing on the nerves.
You knew that already!

Yowie

Old December 7th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! Yep, I did know it. I'm hoping now I can get it fixed before Jan1
when my deductible will be back up to $1500!

Thanks for the translation, Yowie!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 7th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Annie W" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Annie. I'm glad to know it is "fixable" - now if I can just get them
to schedule the procedure before Jan 1 when my deductible goes back to
$1500!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 7th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_2_]

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:20:00 -0600, CatNipped wrote:

I *SO* miss Howard Berkowitz right now! ; I'm hoping there is maybe
someone else in the group that could help me translate the "findings" of
my MRI.

I recently had the MRI done to see if we could pinpoint the injury to my
neck that I did 18 month ago. This is the "findings" and I have *NO* idea
what they mean (and can't get in to see the doctor for him to interpret
for quite some time).

Examination of the C3-C4 level shows significant compromise of the right
neural foramen due to hypertrophic bone arising from the uncinate process
and also from the posterior elements. This constitutes significant right
side foraminal stenosis at V3-C4.

All this sounds quite scary and I would appreciate any help you could give
me in translating the above to English! ;

It all means your neck hurts, and possibly also your right arm and
shoulder, or face. I had a not dissimilar diagnosis (except no MRI, adn
C4-C5) a while back - the orthopedic surgeon assured me I would have to
have my neck fused within two years. That was almost thirty-five years ago
and I still haven't had it done.

--

T.E.D. ) UMR becomes MST soon.

Old December 7th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
[...]

How did you get rid of the pain? Mine is almost unbearable. I'm hoping
they can fix it *fast* because my quality of life right no is less than
zero.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--

T.E.D. ) UMR becomes MST soon.

Old December 7th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I'm no doctor, but neural = nerve foramen= opening or space hypertrophic =
too much process=bump and I'm pretty sure stenosus = blockage or narrowing.

So my guess would be that a nerve in you neck is being squished by a
narrowing of the space it passes through in your neck/spine

That would probably explain the pain. And bone changes don't usually happen
fast so time likely isn't critical.

Jo

Old December 7th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

You sure explain it well. Wish a few doctors had your gift with language.

Jo

Old December 7th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
"Annie W" wrote in message
[...]

You'd better schedule it QUICK, Lori. Doctors tend to take vacations around
the holidays.

Jill

Food translation? Yowie Cat anecdotes 125 October 29th 07 05:10 PM
Translation Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 December 1st 05 04:05 AM
Cat Translation Dictionary Richard Miller Cat anecdotes 0 May 12th 05 06:38 PM
Translation - cat to hoomin Shirley Cat anecdotes 2 February 20th 05 07:58 PM
Food translation Yowie Cat anecdotes 0 November 22nd 04 05:26 AM