Clocks are plotting against me

Old April 7th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Clocks are plotting against me

My clocks might be trying to gaslight me. Earlier I looked at the clock
in my bedroom, and it said 4pm. But when I went into the kitchen, that
clock said 3:00. Since the kitchen clock is an analog on-the-wall clock,
I don't see how it could have been set back without my doing it. However,
the bedroom clock has little control buttons on top, and it's all too easy
for a kitty to sit on the clock and change the time. OK, that explanation
makes sense, right?

Then I log onto the computer, and it says... 4pm. WTF?? So I check the
time on the server I'm logged into (remote server at sonic.net), it says
3pm.

Clocks are trying to drive me insane.

Finally, I figured it out. The bedroom clock was indeed changed by a
cat. If a kitty sits or steps on the "hour" button, the time will move
forward by hours.

And the computer clock was automatically set forward an hour because it
thinks this is the "spring forward" weekend (for Daylight Savings). It
was all a diabolical coincidence.

I'm glad it wasn't 4:00 - I have to get to the pet store before they
close and buy my girls their Wellness - and visit Everett!

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 7th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"ticks' ya off huh? LOL
Kyla
-looking at her 'backwards' Bullwinkle wall clock
bastXXXette

Old April 7th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

hopitus wrote:

Clocks are trying to drive me insane...

Perhaps you have forgotten our posts re "appliance uprising" previous
thread.....look out for the larger ones in kitchen to join in....

I did forget about that! Yikes!!

Old April 7th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

bastXXXette...
hopitus
Clocks are trying to drive me insane...

Perhaps you have forgotten our posts re "appliance uprising" previous
thread.....look out for the larger ones in kitchen to join in....

I did forget about that! Yikes!!

Where's that thread at?
My coffee maker has greeblings in it too
They gonna get 'ground' up G
Kyla

Old April 7th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 6, 6:09*pm, wrote:
[...]

I think your first theory is correct. They're trying to gaslight
you. :-)

Sherry
Old April 7th 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Sherry wrote:
On Apr 6, 6:09 pm, wrote:
My clocks might be trying to gaslight me. Earlier I looked at the
clock in my bedroom, and it said 4pm. But when I went into the
kitchen, that clock said 3:00. Since the kitchen clock is an analog
on-the-wall clock, I don't see how it could have been set back
without my doing it. However, the bedroom clock has little control
buttons on top, and it's all too easy for a kitty to sit on the
clock and change the time. OK, that explanation makes sense, right?

Then I log onto the computer, and it says... 4pm. WTF?? So I check
the time on the server I'm logged into (remote server at sonic.net),
it says 3pm.

Clocks are trying to drive me insane.

Joyce

I think your first theory is correct. They're trying to gaslight
you. :-)

Sherry

And what a great old film that was!

Jill
Old April 7th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Apr 6, 10:29�pm, Sherry wrote:
On Apr 6, 6:09�pm, wrote:

[...]

Sherry- Hide quoted text -

====================================

Or you've entered the Twilight Zone Joyce (cue scary music) ;o)
Suz&Spicey
Old April 7th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

My clock on the VCR did the same thing. Peter and I were on the computer and
came into the livingroom. One clock said 5:30 and the VCR said 6:30. It took
us a few minutes to figure it out.

--
Ann
in Connecticut