Michael Jackson

Old June 27th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Michael Jackson

I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

Old June 27th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

I think that was the LEAST of his problems! Although I agree with you -
there was a time when, among black "society" (meaning social climbers -
African-Americans had them, too) light skin was somehow considered
superior. (Probably a legacy from the Louisiana "Creoles".) But
certainly during Jackson's lifetime there have been many truly
outstanding black entertainers who did not feel any need to deny their
heritage.
Old June 27th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:30:34 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

why is it important to you?

Old June 27th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

why is it important to you?

Because I'm a racist ****wit.

Whatever.

Old June 27th 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

why is it important to you?

Are you white? I guess yes.

Don't start me on this

Old June 27th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

He wanted to be white, Why?

Because white people have a whole lot more status and privilege in
our society than black people do. I don't know what it's like in the
UK, but black/white relations in the US has a deeply damaged history.
It started with slavery, after all. And the problems didn't end the
minute slavery was declared unequal. They didn't end when African
Americans won the vote, or integrated schools and lunch counters. They
haven't even ended now that our president is a black man. Obviously
things have improved a great deal, but we do not have equality here.

This is not to say that MJ's behavior was reasonable. I'm sure he had
a lot of psychological problems that came from other things besides
racism, such as his not getting to have a childhood when he was an
actual child, and then trying to have one for the rest of his life.
Combine all that with having a vast fortune and, well, there's an
opportunity for him to do a whole lot of damage. Which he did, literally.

But I'm just trying to answer your specific question as to why he
wanted to be white. From where I sit, that one's obvious. In the end,
though, he made himself whiter than most people of European descent.
He hardly looked human to me.

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

I think that was the LEAST of his problems! Although I agree with you -
there was a time when, among black "society" (meaning social climbers -
African-Americans had them, too) light skin was somehow considered
superior.

This is still true in a lot of ways.

certainly during Jackson's lifetime there have been many truly
outstanding black entertainers who did not feel any need to deny their
heritage.

As I said, Jackson had a host of problems and racism was only part of
it.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old June 27th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

AZ wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

why is it important to you?

Maybe she's just curious. Something doesn't have to be "important" to
a person in order to ask a question about it.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old June 27th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?
why is it important to you?

Because I'm a racist ****wit

Why are you? Who rold you to be this way? You've learnt it from others.

Old June 27th 09, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
AZ wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

I'm alway sad when some dies but I'm not worried about this one.
He wanted to be white, Why?

why is it important to you?

Maybe she's just curious. Something doesn't have to be "important" to
a person in order to ask a question about it.

No, I'm not being curious. I am stating a fact that Michael Jackson had
lots of operations to make him seem white and why?