Purrs: Brother is missing

Old November 9th 04, 12:00 AM
Mischief

Default Purrs: Brother is missing

At my college, we have two cats that are our program animals. The RVT
students take care of them and we get to practice restraint techniques
and other stuff. And by the end of the semester we find homes for
them. This semester we have two d*gs, Yogi and SoLow, a bunch of
rabbits, rats and mice, and two adorable kitties named Brother and
Sister.

They are litter mates and they both are very shy. A classmate Gayle
has been fostering them for over a year. Brother is gray and white,
and Sister is a diluted Tortie. She has similar coloring to my cat
Mischief.
Even though they are shy, you start scritching them and they start
purring up a storm. Sister just LOVES to have her belly rubbed. They
did both escape once, but were found huddled behind the cabinet close
to the door leading outside.

When I was in class on Thursday everything was fine. Then I come in
today for class and find out that as of Friday morning, Brother was
missing. We have kennel duty twice a day where we take care of all
the animals, and the Thursday night shift said Brother and Sister were
in the cat room.

They live in a room with a cat tree and bed. The door is not locked
but we make sure it is shut all the way and we have a garbage can we
store the cat litter in pushed up against the door to prevent them
from opening it. Friday found no signs of anything opened or moved,
just no Brother.

He could have gotten out, but he would have to have been sneaky to
make it through the door to the outside. But if he did get out, why
didn't Sister go too?

We've put out containers with a certain number of kibble but so far
none of them are missing. So we're guessing that he's not in the
building. Since this side of campus is in a sense a farm there are a
ton of places for him to hide.

However, since the door was shut and the garbage can was up against
the door, that indicates that it was an inside job and poor Brother
has been catnapped.

*sigh* My professor is all strung out, along with me and my
classmates. Gayle is upset and everyone is confused.

The weird part Sister isn't acting antsy since Brother's gone, in fact
she seems to love all the extra attention.

It's possible Brother got out and is lurking around, and the door was
shut after he got out. But it makes no sense. We are in the process
of adopting out the rats, rabbits and mice, and some of them are
unaccounted for. Meaning someone just came in and took the mice. But
how could someone just come in and just take one of our cats, without
asking or leaving a note or anything.

We're going to be making announcements this week in all the classes,
and we're putting up fliers. There also are non RVT courses held here
in our building. So someone probably just thought since the rats,
rabbits and mice were up for adoption they could just take Brother.
It's so confusing and frustrating, and all around we are worried about
poor Brother.

So please have Brother in your purrs for a safe return.

Kristi
Old November 9th 04, 12:33 AM
jmcquown

Mischief wrote:
However, since the door was shut and the garbage can was up against
the door, that indicates that it was an inside job and poor Brother
has been catnapped.

*sigh* My professor is all strung out, along with me and my
classmates. Gayle is upset and everyone is confused.

So please have Brother in your purrs for a safe return.

Kristi

Purrs on the way that Brother returns safe and quickly.

Jill

Old November 9th 04, 01:38 AM
Irulan

Purrs and prayers that Brother is found soon and gets reunited with Sister.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
om...

Old November 9th 04, 01:46 AM
Christina Websell

Brother is very much in my thoughts that he is safe and well treated and
will return soon to where he knows and feels secure.

Tweed

om...