I'm a bit worried, too (OT)

Old March 19th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I'm a bit worried, too (OT)

Tweed,

I hope it's not as bad as you think! I agree about the dangers of
self-diagnosis and the bad thoughts it can engender. But here's hoping
they can "zip you back up" quickly and easily.

Melissa

Old March 19th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

When you described it, the first thing I thought was hernia, too. Is
it always hard to fix, though? I've known many people who have them,
and it didn't seem like that difficult a problem. But I can understand
you not wanting to have any more time being out of work, getting yet
more medical treatment, so I hope it's nothing that requires all that!

Many purrs for you from my 3, especially from Licky!

Joyce
Old March 19th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote
Those of you who have been posting here for some time will remember
the major surgery I had to have last year.

Heaps of hugs and a plethora of purrs and a wave of woofs that
this is speedily dealt with

Gordon & the FF

Old March 19th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

I need big hugs, I am so fed up with not being able to get out the cycle of
some sort of illness for long.

Lots of hugs and purrs coming to you - and as someone else said, it's
very easy to scare yourself by self-diagnosing... please don't put off
your Dr. visit; not to down-play your worries but this is nothing
compared to what you went through last time, eh?

(((((((((Tweed))))))))))

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old March 19th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:37:51 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Those of you who have been posting here for some time will remember the
major surgery I had to have last year. I had to have a very long incision
from above my ribcage down to the pubis due the nature of what was wrong, so
that all my other organs could be looked at.
Well, I think it has come adrift a bit. I have a swelling in my midriff (at
first I thought I might be getting fat!) but I can actually push it back in
what seems like a small hole when I am standing up.
After some internet research, it sounds like an "incisional hernia" which it
seems isn't *that* easy to repair.
Oh, joy! The last thing I need is any more time off work sick. I have used
all my sick leave almost up to the next millenium, what with 4 years of
continual eye surgery and then this ovarian cancer last May. I don't get
paid now if I am sick.
I know I will have to go to the doctor to confirm my fears, although I don't
think there's much doubt, but I haven't done yet. I'm putting it off.
I need a little rant: what on earth did I ever do to deserve all these bad
things happening to me? My mother being found dead was the worst, I can
cope with all the other health stuff with help and encouragement from my
friends.
I need big hugs, I am so fed up with not being able to get out the cycle of
some sort of illness for long.

Tweed

Oh no!! Many purrs and prayers are heading east for you, Tweed...

--Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old March 19th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Going back to the "old days" again ---when babies had umbilical hernias,
they used to tape a button over it. I've never had personal experience,
but it might be worth trying until you see your physician. Best of
luck.

Old March 19th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I need big hugs, I am so fed up with not being able to get out the cycle
of
some sort of illness for long.

Lots of hugs and purrs coming to you - and as someone else said, it's
very easy to scare yourself by self-diagnosing...

Yes. I know but I am pretty certain I am right.

please don't put off
your Dr. visit; not to down-play your worries but this is nothing
compared to what you went through last time, eh?

I know it won't be as bad as that but I'm really sick of it all. I can't see
an end to it. No sooner do I recover from one thing than another comes
along. I can't take much more of it.

Tweed

Old March 20th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun 19 Mar 2006 03:37:51p, Christina Websell wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

I need big hugs, I am so fed up with not being able to get out
the cycle of some sort of illness for long.

Hugs and purrs for you to be healthy again soon. So not fair.

--
Cheryl
Old March 20th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

I have a similar incision and a similar hernia from surgery five years ago.
I look a little strange in a knit top because the lump/bulge it forms is off
center. But my doctor is unconcerned and uninterested in me having it
repaired. So I just try to ignore it.

Jo

Old March 20th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

I need big hugs, I am so fed up with not being able to get out the cycle of
some sort of illness for long.

I know exactly what you mean, Tweed. You're just thinking, 'yeah, I beat
that one' when something new crops up. This is my life. {{{{{Tweed}}}}}
Hang in there!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi