OT THEY GOT BIN LADEN

Old May 4th 11, 08:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default OT THEY GOT BIN LADEN

"hopitus" wrote in message
On May 3, 9:52 pm, hopitus wrote:
On May 3, 7:21 pm, "Yowie" wrote:

,
hopitus typed:

On May 3, 11:08 am, "wafflycat" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

It is a great quote and it fits. But just FYI, it's not what he
actually said.
For some odd reason, this quote has gone viral on the internet in
this form.
This is Dr. King's quote: "Returning hate for hate multiplies hate,
adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies
hate,
violence multiplies violence and toughness multiples toughness
in a descending spiral of destruction." -- Dr. Martin Luther King,
Jr. (Thanks for the info., Karen C.)

Still a great quote on its own.

Sherry

Thanks for that Sherry - the true quote is just as apposite and one
much needed at this time.

Best, helen s

Totally ignoring "icon" quotes of peace and love.....many of you from
three great
world powers, UK, USA, and Australa, calling celebrants of this news
"bloodthirsty"
and wrse......were not even on this earth in 1945 when was a very
little girl and WW2
ended (Joy is execpted: she was around, few years older).
You have seen the newsreels and vids and movies of the USA "dancing n
the streets"
and the famous "sailor kissing a strange nurse" pic on NYC main drag
during massive
celebration and return of USA troops to the homeland.
Thosands of deaths led to the War's end. I don't get your equation:
were those dancing,
delirious celebrants "bloodthirsty" and worse? Oh, the poor, dead Axis
(look that up).
Let me tell you somethng else about the "bloodthirsty" USA dancers,
anyway, from WW2
war's end, after the megabombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, *in spite
of fresh memories
of Pearl Harbor* I do NOT remember and have not viewed such street
partying after the
Max bombs were sent to Japan. No dancing, no partying, no celebrating
in large numbers
here....only shock and horror at the huge *mushroom* clouds arisig
from that epic that
led to Japan's surrender.
USA people NOW needed something t celebrate very badly. Many, many
citizens, old and
young, are hurting badly for their daily living expenses, plus their
medical care and medicines.
I do not believe it is so much that bin Laden was killed as it is
something the USA can claim
victory for, even if militarily, after our prolonged disrespect and
financial devaluation worldwide.
At last, something to be happy about, even if not directly. We needed
this to regain our
national pride.
I got different icons than some of you. Most of mine are military. I
am not quoting them, snork.

As far as I know, speaking to my parents who survived - and have deep
psychological scars from - The Blitz, the jubilation seen on the
newsreels
at the end of WW2 was not celebrating and rejoicing of the hundreds of
thousands of Axis deaths, or indeed Allied deaths, but simply because:

*the war was over*

At least, that is their memory of it in the UK. They were children, yes,
but
well into their early teens, and unlikley to 'misremember' such a thing.

A different thing entirely to celebrating the death of an individual,
even
if that individual happened to be hte leader of 'the enemy'

Did they dance that the death of Hitler? (I don't know) *That* would be
comparable, but dancing because a war is over is not.

Yowie
Godwin!

I am over discussing WW2 except to say yes, Usa celebrating *was* for
the
end of the war and the return of our troops. What those who were not
with us
then don't seem to get is this: no newsreel or documentary can show
you the
color big posters everywhere depicting the Axis leaders as ugly and
scary
caricatures of Nippon and German faces (remember I was only 8 when war
ended) and I was asking my parents ( I could read) "what does "loose
lips sink
ships" mean? And that pic of the woman welder with a bandanna on head
and
muscles flexed, "We can do it!" Luckily I was not a toddler and
memories of
this and more remind me what you who were not there seem to be blown
away
by: *there was NO PC - political correctness - at that time, at least
in USA. None.
Back to the present and bin Laden: I think here many misguided people
still think
with his omission the terror threat is over and things will be like
they were before
9/11.. Tonight's tv news shows polls taken that a large percentage of
those asked
really believe that....just because he was the ringleader and
organizer. The other
celebretory groupos here are, naturally, the military schools and
bases. Nothing
strange about them celebrating, a mission really was accomplished, and
that is
how they think.
Don't take it personally about not being there to take it all in:
Australian troops
perished, and I do remember the Germans bombed the *hell* out of
London in
spite of excellent troops elsewhere from UK fighting right beside USA
troops.
The Royals did *not* go off to the rural palaces; Queen Mum was right
there
through it all, the Blitzkreig (German spelling??).
AFA latest news, I enjoyed the Wedding gala and all its participants
far more
It is kind of one-in-a-lifetime Royal event.
Have learned a few obscure details about ruler ascendency: correct me
if I am
up the wrong tree with this, but what they're saying here is that when
Charles
becomes King, Camilla (in spite of everything, and I do NOT mean being
His
side dish) will become the Queen of England then. But with just a
title, Charles
will be Head of State. USA don't bother to reply.

Sorry, Yowie...I forgot to answer your question if we celebrated
Hitler's death.
Much controversy about finding of charred corpse in underground secret
bunker,
popular knowledge that he had many "doubles" to hide his real
whereabouts,
and to this day there are those who believe he escaped that bunker
(leaving
Eva Braun dead there, and could be living today somewhere. That's why
no
partying over *his* death as no one knows for sure; this went on way
before DNA.

***

Whether or not he escaped that bunker, it would be *very* surprising if he
were living today somewhere, since he would be 121 years old.

Joy

Old May 4th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"hopitus" wrote in message
On May 4, 1:16 am, "Joy" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

On May 3, 9:52 pm, hopitus wrote:

,

"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

Your opinion is valued, since you were alive when WW2 ended. I was 8;
and
do not remember how old Der Fuhrer was during the war. Just what his
caricatures looked like. I knew nothing about Eva Braun then either.
http://www.blackraiser.com/redoubt/

WW II ended three months before I turned 10. I Goodsearched Adolf Hitler
before I responded. He was born in April of 1889.

Joy

Old May 6th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Christina Websell typed:
"Yowie" wrote in message
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not
rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for
hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already
devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can
do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -
Martin Luther King, Jr.

well, you are ok in australia, aren't you

Yes, I am in Australia. But you already knew that.

usa and uk have been bombed by aq and we are not sorry bin laden is
dead.

I hope you did not mean to imply that somehow Australians - all 20 million
of us - are somehow less qualified to comment on Bin Laden's death
because, our loss, our suffering, our outrage, our anger, our fear, and
our empathy an compassion towards the victims, of terrorism are somehow
'less worthy' than your own.

not exactly but unless you've been bombed by aq, i doubt you can understand
the hatred.
as i said, i'd have preferred osama to come to trial, there's revenge there
in the usa. i'm not sure that's ok but i am not sorry he was killed by
them.

Old May 6th 11, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message
million

I am not going to ask if you tried exiting your shoulder apparatus.

i did try it today just to wash, i released the straps.
no way i can drive on tuesday like i hoped for.
it's so painful it's not possible - i am so disappointed.
i was hoping that that 14-16 weeks to recover from this was a joke but it
isn't.
i must not tell my surgeon, he told me not to take my slingie off but it's
only a few days now since 5 weeks. i took it off for 10 minutes yesterday
because i could not tolerate it any more. it makes me itch dreadfully.

Old May 6th 11, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 7/05/2011 6:48 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
In ,
Christina typed:
wrote in message
[...]

Australians were specifically targeted by an AQ-associated group,
Jemaah Islamiyah, in the 2002 Bali bombings.

i doubt you can understand
the hatred.

There are plenty of who share my view that are in the USA and UK. Not
everyone feels hatred, not even those who lost loved ones in the attacks.

as i said, i'd have preferred osama to come to trial, there's revenge there
in the usa. i'm not sure that's ok but i am not sorry he was killed by
them.

Can't say that I am feeling any great loss for the man.

However, I stand by the original quote of MLK: "Returning hate for hate

Old May 7th 11, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On May 6, 2:48 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message

,
Christina Websell typed:
"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Having regained
my eyesight, I will point ouot to anyone who has slightest interest
(Matt?) there are
*all kinds* of obscene, snarky, and hilarious entries re the USA CIA
coup hot topic
recently. Some with vids and pics, others just parodies. Check it all
out. If you feel
sorry for whats-his-face....don't bother, very OMG stuff.

What are you trying to get me into or say about my state of mind shush
did you hear that LOL ;-)

As far as rejoicing that POS is dead. It matters not what I do, how I act
or what I think or what anyone else does. The fact is that murderous
coward is dead. The world has one less monster in it with many more to go.
The POS is buried where he can not be made a focus point or a rally point
for the other cowards. No trial to worry about what will happen or 20 years
to get an answer; just to have some bleed heart liberal say this is not
right.
It is a closure that some people needed; Whether revenge, justice,
hatred whatever, it is closure think about that. Will I loose sleep over
saying HELL YEAH the POS is dead not a wink. Do I care if anyone else
does not like that? Sorry but that answer is Nope. I wish I could meet the
soldiers in the raid shake their hands and say thank you for bringing a
monster to justice. Than find any soldier give them a hug and say thank
you for my freedom

A rhetorical question to ponder on. Where we you when those towers fell and
have you forgotten?
I can answer that I am keeping my promise

9/11 Tribute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPU7gk4qqdk

Sorry If I offended anyone but this is an emotional thing for me as many
others in this world. That day still plays in my heart. When my best
friend called me running for his life unable to reach anyone but me. He was
the manager of the book store in the tower. He talked like he was going to
die making me promise I would tell his family he loved them and to be
strong. I still remember telling him to hit the deck as the next plane hit
the tower hearing all the screams of terror around him and than nothing but
silence. I remember when the plane hit the pentagon my cousin was 1
section over from where the impact was. The only thing that saved her and
her coworkers were the reinforced walls. I remember making phone call after
phone call trying to find her and my friends. Holding my family close trying
to reassure them it was alright while trying to pack my stuff to get in my
truck starting for the area to find them. It took 13 hours to hear from
them . My great aunt was in one of the outer buildings that the towers fell
on. We could not find her for 2 weeks after the event. They could not
identify her when she was in the hospital. I still remember that feeling of
terror as I watched reports come in of all the deaths. I will never forget
and no one will ever tell me not to be happy that POS is dead. It may not
bring the fallen back but I believe they can finally rest now and their
families can get some closure.

I am going to get off the soap box here.

Old May 7th 11, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Christina Websell wrote:

i'd have preferred osama to come to trial, *there's revenge there
in the usa. *i'm not sure that's ok but i am not sorry he was killed by
them.

Revenge for what? OBL was never charged for 9/11 because the FBI had
no evidence linking him to the crime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Pd_tCjSyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2xRLiRqb8M

The CIA has admitted that OBL was trained, funded and supported by
CIA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn61PJQGCUo

It's well known that he suffered from a kidney ailment that forced him
to have regular dialysis treaments. He was treated for this in the
American Hospital in Dubai shortly before 9/11:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001...stan.terrorism

To put him on trial would have brought all these facts, and more (the
rabbit hole is a deep one) to a much broader audience. This is why he
had to be killed.

Old May 7th 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 6, 11:06*pm, Pat wrote:

Revenge for what? OBL was never charged for 9/11 because the FBI had
no evidence linking him to the crime:

a lot of evidence that he was involved in 9/11 is based on the fact
that a few weeks later he posted a video praising the bombers well
given his ideology he was hardly going to make a video damning them
was he?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 7th 11, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"hopitus" wrote in message
On May 6, 5:48 pm, "Matthew" wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message

On May 6, 2:48 pm, "Christina Websell"

wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message

,
Christina Websell typed:
"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

Only mentioned your name to direct you to the verbal carnage re the
Big
Happening on YouTube, not challenge your outlook on it. Various
deities
have been quoted in this thread. As I stated before...we do not all
cherish
the same deities or deity.
Oh, Great Galactic Kitten, who guards the Portals of the Rainbow
Bridge,
Bev A.'s beloved Orion approaches your Worthy Stand for admittance.
Welcome him with open paws to the Fold of lost beloveds, and insure
his surrounding with companions of his kind, that he may miss his
beloved
Hoomin Bev a tiny bit less. We have faith you will embrace Orion.
Send giant gnarly hairballs to those who harm our felines in any way,
and
in special forms to those would maliciously cause them pain.
Send ripped and ragged sofas to those who pass hoomin edicts to
slaughter
feral colonies en masse, rather than to change their environment and
home
them eventually.
Bast, your Mistress, sees all, knows all, and her wrath is terrible
indeed, when
unleashed in retribution to terrorists of felines. Pity the cecipients
never do
know what they did to incur her fury and revenge, which send them Bad
Karma unlimited in their lives.
I beseech thee, Great Kitten, to hear my pleas and await our
guaranteed
arrival at your Portal, where we will see not only You, but all our
lost loves
we miss at the foot of the Bridge....and cross it with them, never
again to be
parted
Since we now have politics, in addition to medical death throes, and
quotes
from hoomin deities....what's a little religion as expressed here?
One more time: your deity is not my deity, and I don't care what he
says or said.
Great Galactic Kitten says nothing: he believes in Nike motto: Just Do
It.
So I can't quote Him.Just remember: Him and Bast are like fam.

Did not think you were challenging me just wonder what you were trying to
get me into hint hint evil grin ;-)

AS far the as the viral bull**** going on I said some liberal bleeding
heart would say it isn't right proof is already by one of our posters today

Old May 7th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:

a lot of evidence that he was involved in 9/11 is based on the fact
that a few weeks later he posted a video praising the bombers well
given his ideology he was hardly going to make a video damning them
was he?

No, but he did disclaim any responsibility for the attacks:

http://articles.cnn.com/2001-09-16/u...-mohammed-omar

Not characteristic of a terrorist proud of his accomplishments.

It is said that he later *did* claim responsibility, but apparently
most of the videos made of him after the first were fakes.

Bin Laden video is compilation of repeats, says expert:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003...aida.terrorism

Still images suggest Bin Laden video doctored to seem new:
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Osamas...test_1101.html

Interesting reading: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...9/lkl.01..html

"The [CIA] actually did make a video purporting to show Osama bin
Laden and his cronies sitting around a campfire swigging bottles of
liquor and savoring their conquests with boys, one of the former CIA
officers recalled, chuckling at the memory. The actors were drawn from
“some of us darker-skinned employees,” he said."
(Source: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/spy-t...deas_to_d.html
)

Also, the purported "fat-nose" bin Laden video from December 2001 was
mistranslated. "Arabist Dr. Abdel El M. Husseini, one of the
translators, states, 'I have carefully examined the Pentagon's
translation. This translation is very problematic. At the most
important places where it is held to prove the guilt of Bin Laden, it
is not identical with the Arabic.'"
(Source: http://dc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/16801 )

For a run down of some of the most notoriously dubious bin Laden
videos see the following article:
http://infowars.net/articles/novembe...91107Laden.htm