Scrolling Picture thingy......sorta o/t

Old July 22nd 11, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Michael Lane

Default Scrolling Picture thingy......sorta o/t

I have lot of cat pics on a chip, do not have puter, so bought one at
wally mart, stuck chip n watched my cats pics, also had c-d made as back
up in case i ever get puter. took hour for them go thru 500 pics, as I
am very much electronic challenged, on & off is the max for me lol

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee

Old July 22nd 11, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Michael Lane wrote:

I have lot of cat pics on a chip, do not have puter, so bought one at
wally mart, stuck chip n watched my cats pics, also had c-d made as back
up in case i ever get puter.

?? You bought a computer, and made a backup CD in case you ever get a
computer?

JOyce

--
The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old July 22nd 11, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 22, 12:07*pm, bast wrote:
Michael Lane wrote:
* I have lot of cat pics on a chip, do not have puter, so bought one at
* wally mart, stuck chip n watched my cats pics, also had c-d made as back
* up in case i ever get puter.

?? You bought a computer, and made a backup CD in case you ever get a
computer?
JOyce

You are not the only one that post was TMI for. I only handled "cat
pics", "WallyMart"
and "c-d". Sequence of events: ??????

Old July 25th 11, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Michael Lane wrote:

I have lot of cat pics on a chip, do not have puter, so bought one at
wally mart, stuck chip n watched my cats pics, also had c-d made as back
up in case i ever get puter.

?? You bought a computer, and made a backup CD in case you ever get a
computer?

I was a bit confused too. I think he means he bought a
scrolling-picture-thingy (whatever that is) rather than a computer.
Tweed

Old July 25th 11, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

Michael Lane wrote:

I have lot of cat pics on a chip, do not have puter, so bought one at
wally mart, stuck chip n watched my cats pics, also had c-d made as back
up in case i ever get puter.

?? You bought a computer, and made a backup CD in case you ever get a
computer?

I was a bit confused too. I think he means he bought a
scrolling-picture-thingy (whatever that is) rather than a computer.

LOL, thanks. I just looked at the subject line, which I should have done
the first time.

Joyce

--
Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
Old July 25th 11, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

Michael Lane wrote:

I have lot of cat pics on a chip, do not have puter, so bought one at
wally mart, stuck chip n watched my cats pics, also had c-d made as
back
up in case i ever get puter.

?? You bought a computer, and made a backup CD in case you ever get a
computer?

I was a bit confused too. I think he means he bought a
scrolling-picture-thingy (whatever that is) rather than a computer.

LOL, thanks. I just looked at the subject line, which I should have done
the first time.

At first I wondered how Michael could post here without a computer, and then
I noticed he was a Web TV subscriber.
We never (AFAIK) had anything like this over here until recently - if you
wanted internet, you needed a computer - but recently I have noticed TV
adverts for the new Samsung SmartTV which seems to be a similar thing.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung...ommercial.html

It may appeal to those people who are computer phobic but it may be too
late. It's horribly expensive too, well over a thousand pounds.
My 85 y o old aunt learned to use a PC when she was in her late seventies.
She is a whizz on it now.
I always say to people who are afraid of computers "you weren't born knowing
how to drive, were you?"

Tweed

Old July 25th 11, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 25, 11:49*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
wrote in message

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

Michael Lane wrote:

[...]

Well, your eyes are sharper than mine were ....I never noticed the
webtv addy; just assumed
he was posting from a public library PC. Yeah, I noticed how pricey
that Samsung Smart is
awfully expensive just to avoid computer use.
Old July 25th 11, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

At first I wondered how Michael could post here without a computer,
and then I noticed he was a Web TV subscriber.
We never (AFAIK) had anything like this over here until recently

We did. More than ten years ago. It worked very, very badly.

Old July 26th 11, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Jack Campin typed:
At first I wondered how Michael could post here without a computer,
and then I noticed he was a Web TV subscriber.
We never (AFAIK) had anything like this over here until recently

We did. More than ten years ago. It worked very, very badly.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of an Android app that allows you to
read and post to Usenet? I'm about to get an Android phone (after having a
phone with all the features of a 'smart phone' but properietry OS so that
that range of apps was miniscule and expensive) and am just *itching* to
post to RPCA whilst lying in bed!

Yowie

Old July 26th 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/25/2011 10:54 PM, Yowie wrote:
In ,
Jack typed:
At first I wondered how Michael could post here without a computer,
and then I noticed he was a Web TV subscriber.
We never (AFAIK) had anything like this over here until recently

We did. More than ten years ago. It worked very, very badly.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of an Android app that allows you to
read and post to Usenet? I'm about to get an Android phone (after having a
phone with all the features of a 'smart phone' but properietry OS so that
that range of apps was miniscule and expensive) and am just *itching* to
post to RPCA whilst lying in bed!

Yowie

I can get the internet on my Android, then I just go to google groups to
read or post:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (or whatever
group you want to see.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/