Frequent, Watery Vomiting

Old March 22nd 04, 05:29 PM
Mary

"Meghan Noecker" wrote :
I'm expecting to go on strike in May, and I'm
stocking up on food and supplies just in case. Green beans, dog

food,
cat food, and kitty litter are all on my special list.

Wow, a strike! So few vocations are unionized now, more should be.
I'm sorry you will have to go through some hardship, but happy that
you and your colleagues have a voice.

It may get very
tight this summer, but I plan to have them fully stocked for at

least
3 months worth by the time May arrives. If they need vet care during
that time, I will have to borrow. No other way around it.

Sometimes it really is hard. I was so lucky Gnarly was so
tough and healthy. Had she gotten sick and needed
surgery, things were so tight in my college days
I don't know what I could have done. I know I
would have found a way, but I do sympathize
for those who have trouble with vet bills. You
can't do your cat a lot of good if BOTH of
you are homeless, after all.

Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
http://www.zoocrewphoto.com

Old March 22nd 04, 05:31 PM
Mary

"Pet lover" wrote

Then if you can't afford to care for your cat maybe you should

rehome it
with someone who can?

My opinion of you might be a notch higher if you had the balls
to post normally. One of Mary L.'s posts frustrated me so
I called her an "idiot." (Sorry, Mary. Short fuse that day,
I guess.) But I did it with my IP hanging out. Have the courage
of your convictions, woman! Lose the pussified anonymizer!
This isn't alt.hackers.malicious, after all.

Old March 22nd 04, 05:37 PM
Mary

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote

I know I have asked for advice online. Not because I was avoiding

vet
care, but because I couldn't go right away (I get home from work

at
11pm, so when I discover a problem, I usually have to wait until
morning to go to the vet).

Just a side note -- does everyone have an emergency animal hospital

in
their area?

We have a great all-night one around the corner. It opens at 6 when
the vets close, and stays open until they open in the morning. AND--
if you use a participating vet, if you have taken your animal to the
vet
that day, there is no fee for the night emergency. (The usual fee
is $72.) When Cheeks slipped and hurt her leg, I took her
to the vet where her symptoms disappears. She showed signs
of limping that night and I rushed her in to the after hours clinic.
Her symptoms disappeared again (don't you LOVE it when
they do this? ) but I was so distraught over her being in
pain, I asked for kitty narcotics and they gave them to me.
Something to put under her tongue. I never used it, but it
made me feel better to have it in case she started crying
and limping again. She's fine now.

Old March 22nd 04, 08:08 PM

Mary(rosefan) wrote:
One of Mary L.'s posts frustrated me so I
called her an "idiot."

The MaryL that started this thread is not the same MaryL that posts here
regularly.

The MaryL that posts here regularly is an extremely responsible cat
owner that would not sit on her hands watching Duffy or Holly vomit
*several times a day for several days* and then, instead of at the very
least calling a vet for advice, post to a newsgroup about it looking for
someone to justify her not going to the vet and wanting to save money.
She wouldn't wait *several days* and would take them to the vet
immediately.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old March 22nd 04, 08:21 PM
Steve G

"Pet lover" wrote in message ...
(...)

I wonder why it is seen to be acceptable by some to allow their pets to
suffer illness and seek free advice from a newsgroup rather than take them
to a vet???

It isn't, mostly. Asking for advice via Usenet and taking your pet to
the vet are not mutually exclusive, and it can be useful to have some
info to be armed with when you hit the doc's office.

Steve.

Old March 22nd 04, 08:25 PM
Sherry

I wonder why it is seen to be acceptable by some to allow their pets to
suffer illness and seek free advice from a newsgroup rather than take them
to a vet???

It isn't, mostly. Asking for advice via Usenet and taking your pet to
the vet are not mutually exclusive, and it can be useful to have some
info to be armed with when you hit the doc's office.

Steve.

I agree. I may ask questions on the group, but it doesn't mean I'm going to
blindly follow advice. I just use the group to get perspectives for later
research, and to arm myself with questions when I do go to the vet.

Sherry