lost cat in Sedona Arizona

Old April 20th 05, 02:08 AM

Default lost cat in Sedona Arizona

Monday April 18th my cat, Sassy, a large 1/2 Maine Coon and 1/2
Tabby, black with tan stripes got out of the house. She is an indoor
cat and has no front claws. Of course I am thinking coyotes got her,
but I wanted to post this message in case anyone out there has seen
her. She is about 15 pounds and has green eyes. But really looks like
a Maine Coon. Very long hair and shy personality. Verde Valley School
road is a cross street of my neighborhood.

If anyone sees her in the Sedona area please let me know ASAP

Thanks,
Debbie

Old April 20th 05, 02:33 AM

Your cat is probably close by. A study someone did showed that most cats
that escape are no further than three doors down in any direction. I
have lost a cat and helped find lost cats and find this to be true. Here
is what you can do:

1. Go to your local rent-all place and rent several live traps (raccoon
size) and put them out in the area. You can also find Havahart traps at
most farm stores. I paid about $35 for a raccoon size one, and have
several. If you have to buy a couple of them, you can always donate them
after you get your kitty back. Use smelly canned food as bait and fold a
newspaper so it fits on the floor of the trap from back to front without
inhibiting the spring mechanism. You want to do this so the cat can't
see the trip plate and step over it. Make sure not to leave any food out
other than what is in the trap and set it up in the evenings when a cat
is more likely to come out and you are home to check the traps
regularly. Go here for complete instructions on how to trap a cat:
http://www.feralcat.com/trapinst.html

Don't worry if you catch other animals. Just let them out and reset the
trap. Chances are they won't go back in twice. When you catch your cat
bring her in the house still in the trap and then let her out.

2. Make a flyer up with a recent photo of your cat, a detailed
descripton and phone numbers with times you can be reached. When I lost
my cat I was specific on the flier that I would receive calls at any
hour.

Make a lot of copies and go door to door, making sure every neighbor
within at least a 2-3 block radius has one. Speak personally about this
to as many of these neighbors as possible. It will make them much more
likely to want to help. Only posting signs on phone poles is not
effective.

3. Check your humane societies and animal control EVERY DAY. It may be
that someone finds your cat and turns her in. Make sure to also take
copies of your fliers to these places and talk to the employees there so
they are on the lookout for a cat that fits the description you give.

4. Check out every nook and cranny in the immediate area, including
under houses and in garages. Don't expect your cat to come when you call
because a scared cat will not.

5. Don't give up! Remember that your cat is scared stiff. She is not
going to go very far and many cats have been known to stay in the same
place for days. When I got my cat back he had been gone for 9 days, and
I got him back by using a trap. My friend's cat was gone for three
weeks, but I insisted she keep setting the trap and we DID catch him and
he is home safe and sound. You will get your kitty back. Keep a positive
attitude and don't give up!!!!!

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke