Any news from Jill and Buffy?

Old October 17th 16, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Any news from Jill and Buffy?

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 13:12:01 -0500, MaryL
wrote:

On 10/13/2016 12:45 PM, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 10:39:25 -0500, MaryL
wrote:

On 10/10/2016 10:21 AM, Mishi wrote:
On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 10:35:45 AM UTC-4, Gennie wrote:
On Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 1:50:07 PM UTC-7, MaryL wrote:
Has anyone heard from Jill and Buffy?...or news about Pawleys Island?
The only thing I saw on the news about Pawleys Island is that they have
lost cell phone service. I hope we will see more details, and hopefully
good information.

MaryL

I checked the Dataw Island website. Power was still out on the entire island as of yesterday afternoon. Evacuated residents are not being allowed back into the local county by authorities for safety reasons. The island's roads and many driveways are blocked by downed trees and debris. A number of homes sustained damage from fallen trees as well. Fortunately there seems to be little flooding in buildings. If Jill and Buffy did stay in place there is possibly no access to the internet at this time. Hoping that everyone is safe!

Gennie

I just looked at the website (www.dataw.com), and there is a LOT of damage there. I don't have Jill's address to see if her home is one of those shown with damage.

I don't see any pictures of Jill's house (445 Bb Sams Drive) on this
website, but there are addresses very close to it. I hope she did not
suffer any damage (or minimal, at least). It could be some time before
she has power even if her house did not suffer any damage. I went
without power for 7 days twice from the outer edge of hurricanes (East
Texas). It was very uncomfortable because it was hot and humid. I had
some battery-powered fans, and they were a great help. They were not
big enough to cool a whole room, but I set them on a table and let them
blow directly on me.

MaryL

Yes, we just got a supply of those little 5" jobs. But I still want to
get some bigger ones even though they take 8 D batteries. Hopefully
Jill knows about those and has a few around.

This was my favorite of the battery-powered fans. It requires 8 D
batteries, but it lasts a long time (much longer than the small ones
that use AA batteries).
https://smile.amazon.com/O2COOL%C2%A...s=portable+fan

This one only needs two D batteries--not as good as the first one I
listed but not bad considering the small size.
https://smile.amazon.com/O2COOL-5-In...y+powered+fans

All of them were a big help when I was without power (air conditioning)
for a number of days in hot humid weather.

MaryL

We got the 5" ones that take two D cells. And we put them away for the
next hurricane.

Best Buffy Pic Yet! jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 7 July 7th 15 04:12 PM
Buffy Pic jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 38 June 21st 15 06:01 PM
Another Buffy Pic jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 June 20th 15 07:47 PM
Breaking news: Update on Buffy the Garage Cat Gandalf Cat anecdotes 24 August 6th 08 10:38 PM
Jill Update from Jill (OT) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 27 July 29th 08 10:28 PM