Tuna Juice Okay?

Old October 1st 05, 05:27 AM
Chris

Default Tuna Juice Okay?

Hello Group!

My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
eat canned and dry.

I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
cats love to drink the juice.

Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
from one can each?

Thnx, Chris
Old October 1st 05, 06:59 AM
SexySoxy

Chris wrote:
Hello Group!

My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
eat canned and dry.

I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
cats love to drink the juice.

Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
from one can each?

Thnx, Chris

Is it tuna in oil or tuna in water? I definitely wouldn't do the oil.
I would think the water would be okay but I would ask the vet to make
sure.

SS

Old October 1st 05, 03:12 PM
.oO rach Oo.

It's a great treat for cats. I have checked with my vet in the past and she
agreed. Each time Stella hears the can opener, she is on my shoulder looking
to see it it's a tuna can. She gets the juice plus a little of what gets
stuck in the can. It's a great treat for her. Our other cat, Delilah
couldn't be bothered with it. Let them enjoy!

--
..oO rach Oo.

news:1128140849.b24b4e2c181ea74448ab5be646431120@t eranews...

Old October 1st 05, 05:15 PM
Steve(JazzHunter)

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:12:46 -0400, ".oO rach Oo."
wrote:

It's a great treat for cats. I have checked with my vet in the past and she
agreed. Each time Stella hears the can opener, she is on my shoulder looking
to see it it's a tuna can. She gets the juice plus a little of what gets
stuck in the can. It's a great treat for her. Our other cat, Delilah
couldn't be bothered with it. Let them enjoy!

I agree. Tuna juice is completely harmless. As noted some cats don't
like it, and in general cats should not be given too much seafood.

We had a situation a couple of decades ago where we had run out of
just about every item of food in the house including cat food and
couldn't buy any more. (evacuation zone) All that was left was tins
of sardines and tuna (and beans.) All the cat food was gone. Our cat
at the time didn't like tuna and wouldn't touch the stuff even when it
was being opened for her consumption. And sardines were even more of
a no-go for Crystal and are certainly not recommened for cats in
general, though those in plain water can be given as a treat.

.. Steve ..

Old October 1st 05, 07:03 PM

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 04:27:29 GMT, Chris wrote:

Hello Group!

My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
eat canned and dry.

I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
cats love to drink the juice.

Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
from one can each?

Thnx, Chris

Three times a week may be a bit much, but a little bit of tuna juice
once in awhile shouldn't be a problem. I don't eat tuna very often,
but when I do, it's the tuna in spring water, and I give all the juice
to the cats as an occasional treat.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old October 1st 05, 07:28 PM
whitershadeofpale

tuna juice?

is that your finaly answer

Comeon'...

I need some mental stimulation

Tuna Juice?

Old October 1st 05, 07:43 PM

We have heard it is ok to give them the juice from water packed tuna
but not from the oil packed tuna. Glad to be of service...as we always
are.

Ken and Kathy
(here to educate and serve)

Hello Group!

My cats are 5 and 6, good health so far, healthy weight. They
eat canned and dry.

I use canned tuna in salads and in my son's lunch and the
cats love to drink the juice.

Is this okay for them, maybe three times a week, the juice
from one can each?

Thnx, Chris

wellness vs. canned tuna Rob Cat health & behaviour 13 January 28th 05 04:46 AM
Butt juice badwilson Cat anecdotes 8 January 21st 05 05:48 AM
Tuna place purrs needed Me Cat community 15 October 23rd 03 12:07 AM
Persia hates Tuna Jill McQuown Cat anecdotes 11 September 5th 03 11:24 PM
Tuna as an allergen Cheryl Cat health & behaviour 18 September 2nd 03 12:46 PM