is there an Antidote for Revolution? (fleas)

Old April 10th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Doug Bashford

Default is there an Antidote for Revolution? (fleas)

Two more thoughts.

It may be unrelated, but in the year since
then, that cat has gone from good hearing
to stone deaf. I have no idea what the delay
time was, if any.

There is a general purpose atropine-based
military nerve gas antidote. But would it
kill cats?

google Results about 46,600 for "nerve gas" antidote. (0.16 seconds)

--

When one gains a political certainty akin to
a loyal sports fan, one has achieved the final

"If ye love wealth better than liberty,
the tranquility of servitude better than
the animating contest of freedom,
go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or arms.
Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you,
and may posterity forget that ye were
our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams, August 1, 1776
Old April 22nd 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"James" wrote in message
oups.com...
I use the cheap Hartz stuff. Instead of applying the whole thing once
a month, I usually use a few drops a week. If I see ticks I put the
drop directly on the tick. It seems to work. My pussy sleeps with me
so if I get bitten I increase the dose.

I had not checked this thread for awhile and just now saw your message.

Pleas *do not* use Hartz. There have been numerous reports (confirmed, not
just anecdotal) of reactions, even including death. Hartz denied that their
product was to blame but did remove one of the products from the market. An
agreement was reached between the EPA and Hartz, but I would not be willing
to take a risk after seeing that it took thousands of these reports before
Hartz agreed to take any action. A lawsuit was also filed.

You can find many references if you google for them. Here are a few links:
http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/hartzq_a.htm
http://catangel.org/hartz.htm
http://www.hartzvictims.org/modules....=print&sid=789
http://www.geocities.com/hartzquilt/

MaryL

Old April 22nd 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

On Sun 22 Apr 2007 02:45:30p, MaryL wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
:

"James" wrote in message
oups.com...
I use the cheap Hartz stuff. Instead of applying the whole
thing once
a month, I usually use a few drops a week. If I see ticks I
put the drop directly on the tick. It seems to work. My pussy
sleeps with me so if I get bitten I increase the dose.

I had not checked this thread for awhile and just now saw your
message.

Pleas *do not* use Hartz. There have been numerous reports
(confirmed, not just anecdotal) of reactions, even including
death. Hartz denied that their product was to blame but did
remove one of the products from the market. An agreement was
reached between the EPA and Hartz, but I would not be willing
to take a risk after seeing that it took thousands of these
reports before Hartz agreed to take any action. A lawsuit was
also filed.

Yeesh, I never saw the OP. Not only is Hartz dangerous and
ineffective, what the OP is doing is not even according to the
label. Any of the treatments that you apply to the skin MUST be
applied to the back of the neck so the cat can't lick it off.
Also, only use the amount indicated, though some of the formulas
like Advantage can be applied earlier than one month if fleas come
back. Still, I wouldn't use any of these pesticides in a manner
that goes against label use.

--
Cheryl

Old April 22nd 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"James" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent point! I overlooked that, and it is *very important.* Using
these pesticides in a manner that goes against label use could be *very
dangerous* -- just as you said -- and (and could even be fatal) to the cat.

MaryL