Poll: cat's a talkers or not

Old January 18th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Default Poll: cat's a talkers or not

Ann wrote:
Are your cats talkers or are they quiet? Do they come looking for you and
talk to you? Do they sound different or the same?

Cinnamon and Abby talk more than Samwise. They all have something to say
when I'm getting there food ready.

Cinnamon and Abby will talk to me when they want attention or to go out on
the enclosed porches. I can usually tell which of the girls is talking even
if I'm not in the room with them but, not always.

The other day I had just fed the cats and they were in seperate rooms.(
They are seperated when they eat) with doors closed . I was in the
livingroom with Cinnamon and heard Abby in the kitchen. She sounded just
like Cinnamon. I had to be sure what cat was in the room with me.

Ann

Ann

Well, Merlyn is our big talker. I can carry on entire conversations
with her. She talks so much I go "Arrrghhhh! Merlyn! WHAT?!!" I
think all she really ever talks about is "Pet me. Pet me, you stupid
human. Don't you know that petting me helps *your* health? Pet me NOW!"

Internet is a big talker, too, although I think his conversation goes
more like "Cheese. I want cheese. I want cheese NOW! Or any food, you
stupid human. And by the way, I don't mind other cats, but where in the
hell did all these other cats come from? Jeez, I can't bathe *all* of
them!"

Wolfie is also a bit of a mrower. He tends to do it with a pathetic
look, like he's saying "Please, please (imagine tail wag here, since he
thinks he's a dog), All-Powerful Human, can I please have some pets now?
I'm a good boy. Please?"

Brando's the last of the big talkers. And he does it with his voice and
his whole body. I mean, this guy *projects*! I've hated having to keep
him out of the bedroom, because he'll sit in the hall and meow pitifully
and loudly, non-stop. "Let me IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN, Mommy! Why won't you
let me in? I wanna cuddle with you."

The rest of them are oddly quiet. I don't know why; they just came that
way. I have actually worked on teaching Kate to speak; she finally does
a teeny little "mrp" when she is happy or wants petted. Her bro-bro
Jack almost never makes a sound, so I was delighted last night when he
was in particularly affectionate mode and actually gave out with a
little "meow" after a long lovey petting and head-butting session.
Trill trills, of course, but isn't much in the loud meow department.
Cosmo talks occasionally, especially when it's dinner time. Pinky gives
out with a meow here and there, mainly when he sees me at his food dish.
Oddly, Arthur never makes a sound. He does it all with his
expression. (Well, he makes plenty of noise if Pinky or Jack are after
him, but he doesn't talk to me except with his eyes and face.)

I suppose if I had 10 very talkative cats, I would go crazy from the noise!

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old January 18th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ginger-lyn wrote:

Brando's the last of the big talkers. And he does it with his voice and
his whole body. I mean, this guy *projects*!

LOL, he must be a method actor!

Joyce

Old January 18th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default cat's a talkers or not

Are your cats talkers or are they quiet? Do they come looking for
you and talk to you? Do they sound different or the same?

The most talkative one I've had was Mingus (died 7 years ago and I still
think about him a lot). He could hear when I was 100 yards away down
the street and came to meet me. We would then have a long conversation
about his day, like this:

Me: Meow!

Mingus: MEEOWW! Mrrp! Eep eep eep! Meeeeooowrrr! Eeeeeeeep!

Me: Meow!

Mingus: MeeeeOOOOW! Brrrrp! and did you know, MEEOOOW??? And it was
even BRRRRP!

Me: Meow!

Mingus: I told you already, MEEEOOOWooowooooowOW! and they EEEP!!!!
There was eeeeeEEEEP and brrrp! brrp! and eeeeooooOOOOW!!
So what do you think, oooooEEEEP???...

Old January 19th 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John A

In article , Ann
wrote:

Are your cats talkers or are they quiet? Do they come looking for you and
talk to you? Do they sound different or the same?
(snipped)

Ann

Well of course everyone knows Siamese are vocal - except in the case of
Rhia and Amy.

They're sisters and litter mates yet surprisingly different. The only
time they really remember they're supposed to be vocal is when they're
in the car, and then it's really continuous noise until we stop. Amy
will call if she wants attention, mainly when she really MUST have a
belly rub. This has to be done at the top of the stairs, nowhere else
in the house will do, so she'll stand at the bottom of the stairs and
call to me until I come,then she runs up the stairs looking back over
her shoulder to make sure I'm still coming. Rhia only ever seems to
speak when she's waiting for her tea, she's not allowed in the kitchen
so she'll wait just by the door while I'm preparing it; if she thinks
it's not coming quickly enough she'll let me know.

John, servant to their Imperial SIamese Majesties, Rhia and Amy.
Old January 21st 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow

Ann wrote:
Are your cats talkers or are they quiet? Do they come looking for you and
talk to you? Do they sound different or the same?

Mayhem is a moderate talker. She chirrups when she wants attention, and
occasionally even says mow-mow.

Shadow... sounds like he's half duck. He tends to be most vocal around
food time and when he's looking for people (even though we're just where
he left us before). When he's looking for us, he puts a question mark at
the end of each mwaaw.

Minerva is probably the most vocal of our crew. When she wants
something, anything, from food to attention to her deserved spot on
meowmie's lap, she will say so. She starts with the ever polite silent
meow, and works up to eardrum shattering volume until she gets what she
wants.

Mischief never really learned to meow properly, so he squeaks and
squawks and chatters and occasionally screams but is generally quiet
unless something's bothering him.

Itachi used to be vocal, but since we got him inside and fixed and
settled where he can't smell the rival toms in the area he's mellowed
out and generally only yowls now to alert us that he's done eating and
would like to leave the bathroom NOW please.

Maeve ^..^
--
http://volatiledreams.deep-ice.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old January 21st 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Ann" wrote in message
Are your cats talkers or are they quiet? Do they come looking for you and
talk to you? Do they sound different or the same?

Jake and Molly aren't usually talkers. But Jake just came in making a real
fuss. Its pouring down hail outside and I hear thunder and just saw some
lightening.

Strange as there is no wind at all and this has just come out of a quiet
grey day.

Molly will have something to say about it as soon as she gets back in.
She's been sleeping in a chair all day and just went out a few minutes ago.

Mostly they don't usually bother to talk to me. I was to deaf to hear them
before I got the implant, and often I'm still deaf around the house when I'm
not wearing it. They use more 'direct' forms of communication with me.

Jo

Old January 22nd 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Jan 21, 6:36*pm, "jofirey" wrote:
"Ann" wrote in message

Are your cats talkers or are they quiet? Do they come looking for you and
talk to you? Do they sound different or the same?

Jake and Molly aren't usually talkers. *But Jake just came in making a real
fuss. *Its pouring down hail outside and I hear thunder and just saw some
lightening.

Strange as there is no wind at all and this has just come out of a quiet
grey day.

Molly will have something to say about it as soon as she gets back in.
She's been sleeping in a chair all day and just went out a few minutes ago..

Mostly they don't usually bother to talk to me. *I was to deaf to hear them
before I got the implant, and often I'm still deaf around the house when I'm
not wearing it. *They use more 'direct' forms of communication with me.

Jo

Have you ever heard a cat that didn't gripe about the weather? Mine
gripe about the weather, hoomins who take over their lawful pillows
(MCG), bed hogs, inedible food, not getting enough personal time, d-
things, bare kitten treatment, and just about anything else they can
think of. Right now MCG refuses to use my pillow if my head comes
anywhere near it. The chattering and disgusted looks she gives me are
impressive.

Pam S. who thinks she's been dissed

Poll: How many.... Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 12 October 30th 07 01:02 AM
Poll, mostly OT, but could be . . . whatever. tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 16 October 8th 07 06:01 PM
New Poll Tanada Cat anecdotes 11 December 3rd 06 08:29 PM
please end the please end the poll thread Jim Lawton Cat health & behaviour 1 February 16th 05 04:18 PM
What Do you do? A Poll Tanada Cat anecdotes 296 January 29th 05 05:53 PM