Walk-a-Nox

Old March 25th 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default Walk-a-Nox

Nocturne has a new favourite pasttime...going for strolls up and down
the hallway outside our apartment.

It's weird in that she is comfortable enough to roly-poly in the
middle of the hall. Usually she does not like "Strange" places.
Mostly, though, she trots alongside whoever of us is walking with her,
and every once in a while meows an order for us to pet her.

I think she likes the hall because Smokey isn't hassling her and the
kittens aren't out there. It's like she thinks the hall is hers.

The problem is, it's starting to get annoying that she will sit at the
door of the apartment and yowl to go out for walkies. As in, an hour
of yodelling. She has also started slipping out into the hall when we
try to go out. I can't see her with my arms full of laundry. I dont'
want her out there alone because some of our neighbours have big dogs,
and dogs need walks, and I do not need Dog Vs Nox in my life.

Also, if she meets a stranger coming down the hall she will get ****ed
off and/or scared. One time a man came off the elevator and her tail
puffed up and she put her head at the door to get into the
apartment. The problem was it was not OUR apartment she wanted
into! I had to pick her up...yes, picking up a bristling Nocturne,
good times...and carry her to OUR apartment, open the door and put her
inside.

--Fil
Old March 25th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Enfilade wrote:

Nocturne has a new favourite pasttime...going for strolls up and down
the hallway outside our apartment.

It's weird in that she is comfortable enough to roly-poly in the
middle of the hall. Usually she does not like "Strange" places.
Mostly, though, she trots alongside whoever of us is walking with her,
and every once in a while meows an order for us to pet her.

Awww, dare I say it? That's really cute!

I think she likes the hall because Smokey isn't hassling her and the
kittens aren't out there. It's like she thinks the hall is hers.

The same thing is true for Smudge. She used to roll around on the floor
in the apartment, but hasn't done so ever since Licky started bugging
her. But she will roll around shamelessly outside on the sidewalk!

The problem is, it's starting to get annoying that she will sit at the
door of the apartment and yowl to go out for walkies. As in, an hour
of yodelling.

Oh, that *does* sound familiar... She's gotten a taste of more freedom,
and now you can't keep her away from it!

Also, if she meets a stranger coming down the hall she will get ****ed
off and/or scared. One time a man came off the elevator and her tail
puffed up and she put her head at the door to get into the
apartment. The problem was it was not OUR apartment she wanted
into!

LOL! OK, I know that probably isn't so funny to you, but I'm imagining
the double take on both the neighbor's and Nox's parts, if she were to
dash for safety into someone else's apartment. The stuff of sitcoms.

I had to pick her up...yes, picking up a bristling Nocturne, good
times...and carry her to OUR apartment, open the door and put her
inside.

Oh dear, a bristling Nox... she's rapidly losing her cuteness, which
might be a relief to her, if not to you.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 26th 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Enfilade wrote:
and I do not need Dog Vs Nox in my life.

Or the vet bill for the dog's owner.

...yes, picking up a bristling Nocturne,

You're braver than me!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 26th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

LOL! OK, I know that probably isn't so funny to you, but I'm imagining
the double take on both the neighbor's and Nox's parts, if she were to
dash for safety into someone else's apartment. The stuff of sitcoms.

Tyche did it.

Tyche got out in the hall and promptly strolled right into the
apartment of the lady across the hall one door up.

She was most surprised to turn around and find a cat there demanding
attention. She already HAS a cat.

Fortunately we noticed Tyche missing and opened the door just in time
to watch her tail vanish into the other apartment....so we knocked on
the door and requested return of our bad, fat kitten.

--Fil
Old March 26th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Enfilade wrote:

LOL! OK, I know that probably isn't so funny to you, but I'm imagining
the double take on both the neighbor's and Nox's parts, if she were to
dash for safety into someone else's apartment. The stuff of sitcoms.

Tyche did it.

Tyche got out in the hall and promptly strolled right into the
apartment of the lady across the hall one door up.

She was most surprised to turn around and find a cat there demanding
attention. She already HAS a cat.

Fortunately we noticed Tyche missing and opened the door just in time
to watch her tail vanish into the other apartment....so we knocked on
the door and requested return of our bad, fat kitten.

I remember that!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.