Disturbing News

Old April 21st 09, 07:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

Default Disturbing News

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in
:

I'm now butting in to say I have been rather shocked at all the
accusations that have been thrown around the group about her husband.

Our political threads have been pretty tame compared to this one. Maybe we
should ban talking about cats in this newsgroup, too!
Old April 21st 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in message
.. .
"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in
:

I'm now butting in to say I have been rather shocked at all the
accusations that have been thrown around the group about her husband.

Our political threads have been pretty tame compared to this one. Maybe we
should ban talking about cats in this newsgroup, too!

This is one time I am glad I had to work all weekend and was not here to
jump the gun

Old April 21st 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Got that wrong: (WAS Disturbing News)

"TFM®" wrote in message
. com...

If her family member WANT the cats, maybe we can do a collection to send
them there? We've done it before.... We can do it again (remember that
ol' WWII mantra?)

If he wants to keep Tyrone, as an INDOOR cat, he can do so with the
stipulation that they get regular veterinary visits, plus any medical
treatment, he can, but he should be put on notice that Kili's friends are
WATCHING HIM - and some are not so far away... insert evil grin All
three can be spirited away to someone who will care for them, and a stick
shoved up his butt if he doth protest too much

Nobody in her family wants the cats.

Now catch this part - I'm a 42 year old, fully grown man. I can and will
do whatever I want. I am not abusing the cats.

TFM®

I apologize, Alan. I just tend to overreact when it comes to outdoor cats.
Yours isn't exactly a great neighborhood where people are known for their
charitable acts towards cats, as your own wife told me. But you're right,
it's not my business. I do hope they at least got their shots from that vet
fund. Being outdoor cats might be fun for them but it's not great,
health-wise.

Jill

Old April 21st 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jofirey wrote:

At last. Someone else who understands how difficult it can be to keep
a cat in that wants to be out.

Thank you! I have one of those cats myself, and yes, it is torture for
all concerned when she is forced to stay in. Since I have been letting
her go out, she is a much happier cat.

And it seems that everyone in my neighborhood knows and loves her.
Recently I was walking down the street and came upon a small group of
my neighbors. One of them said, "Here's Smudge's mom!" And they all
said, "Oh, *Smudge's* mom! Nice to meet you." LOL! My cat is out in
the neighborhood making friends for me.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 21st 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

wrote in message
On Apr 20, 8:58 pm, GaDragonfly wrote:

. Some of those ppl who
had idolized Christi took exception to her being called an alchoholic
and her cause of death liver degeneration secodary to alcoholism.

WHOA! Christy had haematochromosis which is a disorder in which the
liver cannot process iron properly . From reading her Caring Bridge
site she did not know she had it until she was already diagnosed with
cancer. as it can be asymptomatic for a long time. She did not die of
alcoholic liver disease and I find it distasteful that you are trying
to say that. Suggest you try looking "Bronze diabetes" up.

She didn't know she had it until they did her blood work at Mayo. They
found her liver enzymes were astronomically high. Then they discovered she
had hemochromatosis. She told me that they then called her and told her
that she had brought it on herself by drinking. I don't know if that's the
case or not. It's just what she told me. I see nothing to indicate that
could happen on the Mayo website.

She died of systematic organ failure brought on by the failure of her liver
due to cirrhosis. Her family denies that she had hemochromatosis to this
day. They just didn't diagnose it at Tampa General Hospital, but they were
quite thorough at Mayo and they were positive she did.

When I first took her to Mayo over 2 years ago, it was the first time she'd
ever had her blood drawn.
Had she seen the doctor once or twice in the previous 30 years, perhaps she
would have been aware of the condition soon enough to save herself.

As it is, she did too little too late.

She was my best friend and my soul mate.
Whether she drank too much doesn't matter. She was the sweetest, kindest
person I've ever met. She would do anything for anyone. She always had a
smile and a kind word.

--
Aloha Nui Loa,
TFM®

Old April 21st 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

And it seems that everyone in my neighborhood knows and loves her.
Recently I was walking down the street and came upon a small group of
my neighbors. One of them said, "Here's Smudge's mom!" And they all
said, "Oh, *Smudge's* mom! Nice to meet you." LOL! My cat is out in
the neighborhood making friends for me.

I've had the same. I was talking to aomeone in the next street and
started to describe our cats - I got a very brief description out and
she said, "Oh, you mean Splodge!". (He went missing once and I put
up lost-cat posters, which is how she knew his name, but everybody
for a very long way knew him by sight already).

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old April 21st 09, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"TFM®"

On Apr 20, 8:58 pm, GaDragonfly
[...]

If Christy was a 'drinker', you're right, that is none of our business.
She was a kind sweet person who would do anything for anyone, that's true.
And I have a feeling you miss her terribly still, after only 4 months.
We miss her too.
She did have a great smile and kind heart and is greatly missed.
Thank you for taking care of the kitties, and I'm sorry you lost your
soulmate and best friend I'm glad you posted some feedback here. I saw
your wedding pictures on a link, somewhere, from Seattle, which is where I
live.

Best wishes
Kyla

--
Aloha Nui Loa,
TFM®

Old April 21st 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default A few questions about Christy

"Granby" wrote in
:

About damn time you spoke up. Unlike Jill who started this then
turned silent. We may be a little crazy when it comes to our cats but
with no one stating the case for your side, fears and all that take
over.

As a matter of fact SOMEONE told Jill she was out of line. I had no
intention of getting into an extended fight with a bunch of people. I said
what I had to say; it would not be my job to make anyone listen.
Old April 22nd 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

She didn't know she had it until they did her blood work at Mayo.
They found her liver enzymes were astronomically high. Then they
discovered she had hemochromatosis. She told me that they then
called her and told her that she had brought it on herself by
drinking. I don't know if that's the case or not.

It's an inexcusably vicious and misleading way to describe the
situation. Haemochromatosis is a genetic syndrome which is
worsened by alcohol, but at a level that would not be a problem
for most people. Since most folks with haemochromatosis don't
know they've got it, it's ridiculous to blame them if they drink.

Allen, you're welcome to stick around here if you want our friendship
and support.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old April 22nd 09, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
TFM®

If Christy was a 'drinker', you're right, that is none of our business.
She was a kind sweet person who would do anything for anyone, that's true.
And I have a feeling you miss her terribly still, after only 4 months.
We miss her too.
She did have a great smile and kind heart and is greatly missed.
Thank you for taking care of the kitties, and I'm sorry you lost your
soulmate and best friend I'm glad you posted some feedback here. I
saw your wedding pictures on a link, somewhere, from Seattle, which is
where I live.

Christy drank every day, but I rarely saw her drunk. Maybe 5 times in 4
years.

A shot of whisky and a beer would last her for hours most of the time.

She just liked it. I do too. I like it more than she did. I suppose you
could call me a functional alcoholic.

Like I said, if she had known of her liver disorder in time, she could have
done something about it. As it went, she was in tears telling me that
everything she'd been eating for the last 20 years that she thought was so
good for her was killing her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUbbH5u55sc

I do believe a friend of ours already put this on YouTube. I couldn't find
it, so I reloaded it.

TFM®