A short complaint about my health issue

Old August 16th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default A short complaint about my health issue

Ginger-lyn wrote in
:

outsider wrote:
In the scheme of things the trouble I am going through does not rate
very high considering what some other people (some who post here) are
going through but I started passing a little blood and the doctor
sent me some augmentin and all I can think of is I would kill to be
able to pig out on MacDonalds or Chinese or junk food or some of my
own something. I am starting to dream about food! I am about to
perform a bowel resection on myself at this point.

So I am mostly comfortable and I should be ashamed to complain about
such a minor thing but I AM HUNGRY! I WANT SOME JUNK FOOD!!
WAAAHHHHHHH! sniff sniff......stupid colon..

Ok, I am done.

lol! But I understand. I can't afford a lot of the junk food
anymore, and it's driving me crazy. I don't care if I have hamburger
in my fridge; I want McDonald's! WAAAAAHHHHH!

OK, I commiserated; did that help? ;-)

Purrs,

Ginger-lyn

As a matter of fact, it did. Thank you.

Old August 17th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Joy wrote:
At the age of 5! Horrors! Ever since I learned about diabetes and its
restrictions, I've lived in dread of it. I have a terrible sweet tooth.
I'm glad too, but it must have been terribly miserable as a child not to be
able to have the goodies everybody else was having.

I think the restrictions are still fairly severe for type IIs, but us
type Is can eat pretty much anything (unless we have the kidney
complication I have, which means I have to restrict protein intake) in
moderation these days. We can just compensate by taking a larger dose of
insulin if we want to eat something with a lot of carbs.

Old August 17th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

outsider wrote:

It's sucky for a kid to have to limit what they eat.

One thing I specifically remember from my childhood was that here in
Finland, the only sugar-free ice cream was vanilla flavoured and came in
these tiny little cups. We used to add some berries or let it melt a
little and then mix some cocoa powder in them.

When we moved to the US, we found they had big tubs of sugar-free
chocolate and strawberry ice cream in the shops. Not a huge variety as
ice cream flavours go, but a massive improvement on what we were used to.

Old August 17th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Marina" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
At the age of 5! Horrors! Ever since I learned about diabetes and its
restrictions, I've lived in dread of it. I have a terrible sweet tooth.
I'm glad too, but it must have been terribly miserable as a child not to
be able to have the goodies everybody else was having.

I think the restrictions are still fairly severe for type IIs, but us type
Is can eat pretty much anything (unless we have the kidney complication I
have, which means I have to restrict protein intake) in moderation these
days. We can just compensate by taking a larger dose of insulin if we want
to eat something with a lot of carbs.

It's not necessarily stricter, but we do have to really watch those carbs
and fats.

Pam S.

Old August 17th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Marina" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
At the age of 5! Horrors! Ever since I learned about diabetes and
its restrictions, I've lived in dread of it. I have a terrible
sweet tooth. I'm glad too, but it must have been terribly miserable
as a child not to be able to have the goodies everybody else was
having.

I think the restrictions are still fairly severe for type IIs, but
us type Is can eat pretty much anything (unless we have the kidney
complication I have, which means I have to restrict protein intake)
in moderation these days. We can just compensate by taking a larger
dose of insulin if we want to eat something with a lot of carbs.

I think my SIL has actually managed better since the doctors finally
figured out that he has adult onset type I rather than type II.

In part because of the dietary restrictions for type II. It usually
is suitable for someone who is overweight. And he was nearly starving
to death on the diet the doctor put him on. He was too thin to start
with and didn't have the twenty pounds to spare.

Jo

Old August 20th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:30:00 +0000, outsider wrote:

"tanadashoes" wrote in
m:

"outsider" wrote in message
In the scheme of things the trouble I am going through does not rate
very high considering what some other people (some who post here) are
going through but I started passing a little blood and the doctor sent
me some augmentin and all I can think of is I would kill to be able to
pig out on MacDonalds or Chinese or junk food or some of my own
something. I am starting to dream about food! I am about to perform
a bowel resection on myself at this point.

So I am mostly comfortable and I should be ashamed to complain about
such a
minor thing but I AM HUNGRY! I WANT SOME JUNK FOOD!! WAAAHHHHHHH!
sniff sniff......stupid colon..

Ok, I am done.

Roger that Andy. It is so hard to behave. Purrs and healing thoughts
going in your direction from us here. Take care and the other members
of the group have some great suggestions.

Pam S.

I am so bad. I used to go out and buy (and eat) two gyros with
everything on them. These were guaranteed to upset my stomache but
would that ever stop me at one? Noooo! After dieting for two years I
am teaching myself moderation and the truth is eating one of something I
love feels the same a half hour later as eating two or three (minus the
upset tummy) would have. I still struggle with the "mass consumption"
urge but I am getting better.

I LOVE gyros, but without the sour cream sauce. MLB