A Sweep memory

Old August 18th 03, 06:02 AM
Marina

Default A Sweep memory

"Judith Latham" wrote

Sweep had decided to join the boys but had not announced herself and had
put her face into that of one of the boys, obviously to check she was with
the right people then walked over the other.

LOL! That was hilarious, Judith. This reminds me of something Frank did this
summer. We had a full house out on the island, and when my brother came out
for the weekend, he ended up sleeping in a tent because there wasn't room
anywhere else. The problem was, he put it up in the one space in the Great
Litterbox outside that Frank had adopted for his own. The following morning,
my brother was still sleeping in the tent, when we saw Frank saunter over to
the door of it and peer in through the net opening. He sat down and stared
into the tent for a long time. We were wondering if he was thinking we had
provided him with a collapsible outdoor toilet, but what was that hoomin
doing, lying there? Finally he sauntered off a bit and did his business in
another spot.

I'm also reminded of when my nephew put up the tent in the way of Frank's
father's, Panther's, morning exercise track. Panther's eyesight was not the
best in his later years. He used to rush back and forth between the two
houses every morning. This morning, he didn't realise that this huge grey
bubble had appeared on his route, and he ran right against the tent - and
collided with my nephew's head. My nephew kept grumbling all day about being
awakened at an ungodly hour by cats running into your head.

--
Marina

Old August 18th 03, 02:56 PM
Julie Cook

Judith Latham wrote:

Sweep had decided to join the boys but had not announced herself and had
put her face into that of one of the boys, obviously to check she was with
the right people then walked over the other.

ROFLOL! I can just imagine what those two boys thought had crawled into
the tent with them. Thanks for the story, Judith.
Julie

Old August 18th 03, 10:17 PM

Judith Latham wrote:

Sweep had decided to join the boys but had not announced herself and had
put her face into that of one of the boys, obviously to check she was with
the right people then walked over the other. They shouted, she let out a
howl and ran. We looked out to see the three of them standing outside the
tent gathering their wits together. After a few minutes the boys returned
to the tent and took Sweep in with them. Of course then we heard the
discussion about who she was going to sleep with but that must have been
solved in the Sweep way.... she decided.

That's so cute - I love the part about the 2 boys arguing over who gets
to have Sweep sleep with him. How old were they?

Joyce