OT $5.37

Old September 4th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default OT $5.37

---MIKE--- wrote:

Joyce asked (about AARP):

Is it worthwhile? I haven't decided
whether or not to join. Do they really do
anything for their members?

I have been a member for a long time. I get my Medicare supplement from
them. I also have my credit card through them (Chase) which has no
annual fee, pays rewards and deducts the amount due each month from my
checking account. I don't always agree with their politics but they are
a powerful lobby to protect social security and medicare.

Can I ask you a little more about it in an email? Is your posting address
the same as your email?

Thanks,
Joyce

--
audiophile, n:
Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.
Old September 4th 10, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote
Matthew wrote:

$5.37!

Seriously! I was wondering *how* he could eat that stuff - people who
have either the lap-band or the gastric bypass surgery need to be on a
liquid

He simply cross posted a popular internet joke Lori. Seen it for well
over a year now.

Thanks, I hadn't heard it before. I think I failed to recognize it as a
joke because I didn't think it was funny. Maybe it's bcause as I get older
and forget things all the time.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old September 4th 10, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote
Matthew wrote:

$5.37!

Seriously! I was wondering *how* he could eat that stuff - people who
have either the lap-band or the gastric bypass surgery need to be on a
liquid

He simply cross posted a popular internet joke Lori. Seen it for well
over a year now.

Sorry to tag on your Cshenk . It was a joke I posted Lori.

I am sorry Lori you are misinformed about the surgery. I have posted what a
lap band patient goes through for a diet before and after the surgery for
the first 3 months, about the operation itself and the testing patients have
to go through. You can scroll down and read them below it is very
interesting reading.

Cshenk has been posting recipes for me and for the group to enjoy. Which a
big thank you goes out to me to her every day.

I have not broke my diet so far and I WON'T. Since 2 weeks before the
surgery. I have lost 32 pounds probably more since I am only doing weigh-ins
at the Doctor's office.

Old September 4th 10, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

What a good story.....

Old September 4th 10, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

m...

Matthew wrote:
$5.37!

That's what the kid behind the counter at Taco Bell said to me. I dug
into my pocket and pulled out some lint and two dimes and something that
used to be a Jolly Rancher. Having already handed the kid a five-spot, I
started to head back out to the truck to grab some change when the kid
with the Elmo hairdo said the hardest thing anyone has ever said to me.
He said, "It's OK. I'll just give you the senior citizen discount."

I turned to see who he was talking to and then heard the sound of
change hitting the counter in front of me. "Only $4.68" he said
cheerfully.

I stood there stupefied. I am 56, not even 60 yet? A mere child! Senior
citizen?

If it will make you feel any better, most businesses give senior discounts
to any customer 50 or older (and you are eligible for AARP membership at
age 55).

Actually, they lowered the AARP age to 50. I'll take any senior citizen
discount I can get if the dumb corporate fools are willing to give it to me

Sounds like Matthew was just having a bad day.

Jill

Old September 4th 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Joyce asked (about AARP):

Is it worthwhile? I haven't decided
whether or not to join. Do they really do
anything for their members?

I have been a member for a long time. I get my Medicare supplement from
them. I also have my credit card through them (Chase) which has no
annual fee, pays rewards and deducts the amount due each month from my
checking account. I don't always agree with their politics but they are
a powerful lobby to protect social security and medicare.
*******************
I haven't joined because (a) I'm not old enough for Medicare so a supplement
does me no good and (b) the only other thing they offer (according to the
unsolicited literature I've received) indicates I can get discounts on
travel services, cruises, hotels, car rentals, blah blah blah. Those things
are of absolutely no use to me. Besides, I can find those discounts on my
own with some simple web searches

As for Chase, AARP-related or not... I'll never do business with them again.
When Persia was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism I had a Chase credit card. I
was using it strictly for her vet care and paying off the bill every month.
But see, I wasn't letting them accumulate (exhorbitant) interest. So they
cut my credit limit waaaay down, even though (IMHO) someone who actually
*pays* their debts is a good customer. So I cancelled the card. Penalizing
people who are fiscally responsible for their debts is a stupid policy.

Jill

Old September 4th 10, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"Matthew" wrote
"cshenk" wrote
"CatNipped" wrote

$5.37!
Seriously! I was wondering *how* he could eat that stuff - people who

He simply cross posted a popular internet joke Lori. Seen it for well
over a year now.

Sorry to tag on your Cshenk . It was a joke I posted Lori.

No problem Matthew!

I am sorry Lori you are misinformed about the surgery. I have posted what

I think she was in the hospital about when all that came up?

Cshenk has been posting recipes for me and for the group to enjoy. Which
a big thank you goes out to me to her every day.

I have not broke my diet so far and I WON'T. Since 2 weeks before the
surgery. I have lost 32 pounds probably more since I am only doing
weigh-ins at the Doctor's office.

Hehe I have series 3 as well but it's best to wait for that until *you* tell
us it's time. They are based on things you can then eat but also cook a
reasonable meal then eat smaller portions in either chilled or nuked back to
warm it if you want. All are 'calorie smart' and 'nutrition smart' meaning
they are tasty but not junk food by anyone's definition.

Great on the loss! I bet you feel a bit better already. I see pureed fruit
didnt work too hot. Last of the cherry season is here. Grab some and tuck
them in a freezer in ziplocks. They are low GI and won't cause 'dumping'.
Pit them and put 6 or so in a blender with 1 cup water and 3 cubes ice. A
tastey cool drink that's a bit icy and fruity. A good one for when your
tounge is going 'feed me, touch me, gimme what I want to me' that will not
toss the diet off. Vitamin C to an extent and some vital minerals as well.
Tartly fruity.

Old September 4th 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
m...

Matthew wrote:
[...]

Good Lord I was not having a "bad day" ;-)

IT WAS A INTERNET JOKE FOLKS

shakes head

Old September 4th 10, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote
"cshenk" wrote
"CatNipped" wrote

$5.37!
Seriously! I was wondering *how* he could eat that stuff - people who

He simply cross posted a popular internet joke Lori. Seen it for well
over a year now.

Sorry to tag on your Cshenk . It was a joke I posted Lori.

No problem Matthew!

I am sorry Lori you are misinformed about the surgery. I have posted
what a

I think she was in the hospital about when all that came up?

Just point out that she is misiformed about the lap band surgery ;-)

Cshenk has been posting recipes for me and for the group to enjoy. Which
a big thank you goes out to me to her every day.

I have not broke my diet so far and I WON'T. Since 2 weeks before the
surgery. I have lost 32 pounds probably more since I am only doing
weigh-ins at the Doctor's office.

Hehe I have series 3 as well but it's best to wait for that until *you*
tell us it's time. They are based on things you can then eat but also
cook a reasonable meal then eat smaller portions in either chilled or
nuked back to warm it if you want. All are 'calorie smart' and 'nutrition
smart' meaning they are tasty but not junk food by anyone's definition.

9/7 I go for a nuclear upper GI
9/14 I go to for my first adjustment and should be on a normal solid food
diet of course in the portions I have listed before
9/22 I go to my normal doctor to see if I can come off all my diabetic
medication or be put on a way lower dose. He has already cut it by 3/4

By the holidays I should be back on complex carbohydrates at least in time
to enjoy a xmas dinner with the family

Great on the loss! I bet you feel a bit better already. I see pureed
fruit didnt work too hot. Last of the cherry season is here. Grab some
and tuck them in a freezer in ziplocks. They are low GI and won't cause
'dumping'. Pit them and put 6 or so in a blender with 1 cup water and 3
cubes ice. A tastey cool drink that's a bit icy and fruity. A good one
for when your tounge is going 'feed me, touch me, gimme what I want to me'
that will not toss the diet off. Vitamin C to an extent and some vital
minerals as well. Tartly fruity.

Thanks

I have found when I am hungry I go grab some pickles ( no sugar ) or other
vegetables with out starch. I have found that the pickles with no sugar are
no calories less than a gram of carbs and low sodium. They fill you up.
The hunger craving suck but I know I can do it. I quite drinking , caffeine
and smoking. I can do this I keep thinking in my head over and over. I
came this far and I don't want to go back. I was with a friend last night.
He was hungry and stopped at McDonalds. I said nothing for me. The smell
actually turned my stomach. I thought I was going to loose my dinner right
there.

The puree and yogurt is making me sick to eat now. For Vegetables I am
basically eating diced tomatoes. Fruits I am doing bananas, apples and a few
other types since I can mush them done instead of puree

I have been lucky I added some of those chewable gummy fiber tablets to my
diet. The dumping syndrome is gone to the most point YEAH. Have it happen
a couple times but I think the chicken was under cooked a tad or it was the
mayo.

Old September 4th 10, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
m...

Matthew wrote:
$5.37!

Sounds like Matthew was just having a bad day.

Jill

Good Lord I was not having a "bad day" ;-)

IT WAS A INTERNET JOKE FOLKS

shakes head

Sorry! maybe I'm the one having a bad day. LOL

Jill