Email From Somebody Claiming to Be Me

Old December 29th 11, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Email From Somebody Claiming to Be Me

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Which is what I did, Lori, then you went ape**** with me.
Tweed

No, that's not what you did. You sent me an email telling me I sent that
to you and you didn't appreciate it, and then went on to lecture me about
taking responsibility for your own cats (and more I'll politely leave out
of here). I'm willing to forget it, but please don't pretend that I
"went ape****" for no apparent reason.

Of course I did, because I thought it was from *you*
You're making yourself out to be the injured party here and *you*are
"willing to forget it" !! That I replied to a begging e-mail that
appeared to be from you and said don't do it and pointed out that said
female needed to make sure her cats were catered for.
Sheesh.
I seem to be the bad one here now.

You are if you assumed Lori sent you an email begging for money. We all
know she wouldn't do that. None of us ever do that. We may take up
collections together for things like vet bills but we do it as a group, not
one person emailing and asking for $$.

Jill

Old December 29th 11, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 12/28/2011 8:24 PM, jmcquown wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
On 12/28/2011 4:37 PM, CatNipped wrote:
On 12/28/2011 3:22 PM, Sherry wrote:
On Dec 28, 3:09 pm, wrote:
On 12/28/2011 11:01 AM, Lesley wrote:

On Dec 27, 7:57 pm, wrote:
.

If you ever receive such an email, please let me know and send me
the
email address it was sent from because if I EVER find out who is
doing
this I will prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

Would it be the one with a link to
http://www.kapipal.com/hopeforbillie?
in the text? I got it
Hope this helps

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Yes that was it! The email directing this person to this site was
signed "CatNipped" but it most CERTAINLY was not me!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

You could go to the Kapipal website and lodge a complaint. Regardless
of who sent the spam out, "Kati" is likely responsible as she is the
one
who benefits. It's bad enough she's playing on emotions for what's
probably
a scam, but faking emails is way over the line.

Sherry

I just did, thanks!

Even though I reported this to the site, I don't have any hope that
they'll do anything about it - the whole site is about "how to get
money from your friends".

Ben has identified her, she lives in Germany, and is a known scammer -
and the fact that she is still out there scamming says that nobody has
been able to pin anything on her yet or that the international laws
about this are still unclear enough to let people get away with this
crime.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Well, none of us was affected by it nor did anyone here (AFAIK) send
money to this fake Catnipped, so I'd settle for having reported it and
move on.

Jill

Exactly what I did! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old December 29th 11, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Don't assume that. Not everyone knows other RPCA'ers as well as you
may. It sounds to me like Tweed made an honest mistake in believing it
was Lori who sent it, and making an honest mistake is not a crime.

--
Joyce

God's original plan was to hang out in a garden with some naked
vegetarians.
-- Seen on a wall poster
Old December 29th 11, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I wasn't impuning Tweed by any means. But I would like to think if someone
sent an email in my name begging for money someone would think to question
it.

Jill

Old December 29th 11, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Dec 29, 10:41*am, "jmcquown" wrote:

.. *But I would like to think if someone
sent an email in my name begging for money someone would think to question
it.

That's what did it for me I didn't think Lori would forward such a
request but you never know so I replied with the basic message "Is
this from you?" as I said the whole thing didn't look right and when
it bounced I knew it was dodgy

Old December 31st 11, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

I seem to be the bad one here now.

You are if you assumed Lori sent you an email begging for money.

Jill, you did not get this e-mail, it was not for her vet bill but someone
else. It was very convincing that it came from her and I was very
surprised, tbh.
Anyway, I did not appreciate it and I told her so, believing she'd sent it.
I make no apologies for doing so. If Lori *had* sent it, I told her off for
a begging e-mail, and as it turns out that she didn't, she is now aware that
someone has hacked into her computer to do this, as my private mail address
was used.

Tweed

Old December 31st 11, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message

I seem to be the bad one here now.

You are if you assumed Lori sent you an email begging for money.

Jill, you did not get this e-mail, it was not for her vet bill but someone
else. It was very convincing that it came from her and I was very
surprised, tbh.
Anyway, I did not appreciate it and I told her so, believing she'd sent it.
I make no apologies for doing so. If Lori *had* sent it, I told her off for
a begging e-mail, and as it turns out that she didn't, she is now aware that
someone has hacked into her computer to do this, as my private mail address
was used.

Tweed

We've done several virus/trojan checks on my computer since and have
determined that nobody has hacked into it - I have no idea how they got
your email address (or Lesley's either since I didn't have her email
address on my computer). I can only assume i was someone who has
researched this group well since you used to, in the past, use your
correct email address. So, point of order, that email was *NOT* from me
it was from an email address similar to mine as you found out the first
time you tried to reply and it bounced (you had to come here for a
thread with my email address so you could reply to *that*).

Look, Tina, I don't want to have a big row with you. After this, I'm
letting it drop. But this accusation hit one of my "hot buttons"...
when my ex husband left me, skipped the state and did not pay child
support, even dropped the children from his company insurance, I was
left with the responsibility of caring not only for myself, but for them
as well. I got a job paying only $8,000 a year *gross*. One time I was
running short and asked my mother for a loan of a *single dollar bill*
to pay for my children's school lunch. She refused me. That hurt me so
badly that I vowed before God that I would *NEVER, EVER* ask anyone for
money for as long as I lived. I haven't done so... I haven't done so now.

Old December 31st 11, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message

[...]

Neither do I.
I told you about what was happening, by getting annoyed by what I thought
you sent and when I did you got cross.
You should be glad I told you.
No-one else did.

Tweed

Old January 2nd 12, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

CatNipped wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes:
Lori, if anyone has the original email, they can start a new email
to me (address not munged) then drag the orgigion to it (so it
becomes and attachment) and i will look at the source code for you.

I do this contantly in Freecycle so we can identify spammers and
hacked accounts.

Thanks! I just sent you the headers that Tina sent to me - if you
don't receive it let me know and I'll try again.

Yup, just sent it back. Thanks!

Folks, open server in the Czech Republic,

City
Mesice

Latitude
50.2

Longitude
14.5167

How it got to there is masked pretty well but if any of you think Lori
knows how to pull that one off, you've got rocks in your heads! (grin).

Lori did not send that message. She is a victim of what looks like a
spoofing attack. Lori is sweet but she doesn't know computers well
enough to even *begin* to mask an IP address then spoof off an open
server with it.
Carol

Old January 2nd 12, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 1/1/2012 6:42 PM, cshenk wrote:
[...]

LOL! Thanks Carol, that's the nicest insult I've ever gotten! ;
You're right, I have NO idea how he/she/it sent that email.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

OT - Email CatNipped[_4_] Cat anecdotes 0 November 16th 11 09:29 PM
Email card for all Ann Cat anecdotes 4 December 19th 06 03:05 AM
new email gracecat Cat anecdotes 0 October 10th 06 02:34 AM
New Email! Mary Cat health & behaviour 63 February 28th 05 01:23 AM
Another New Email! bwankey Cat health & behaviour 67 February 20th 05 03:44 PM