toilet training a super-stubborn cat

Old September 27th 04, 05:20 AM
Stephen

Default toilet training a super-stubborn cat

I have two cats. One is a 9 year old mix who is great and who I
toilet trained at 6 months and has never had a problem since.

My other cat, whose name is Stub due to her cute little stub tail, is
as stubborn as they get. Let me tell you where I am right now.

So, I started the toilet traning the same way I did with my other cat.
I moved the litter box gradually to the bathroom and then raised it,
so that Stub would be used to jumping to do her business. The next
step was to put the litter box on top of the toilet and let her use
that for a while. I know there is a book that says you are supposed
to do this whole toilet training process in 21 days but it takes
longer, at least for me.

SO, my first step was to follow the toilet traning of this famous 21
day book and do the seran wrap with the litter on top of it. Stub
never even considered using that idea. She just was confused as to
where the litter went and pooped on the floor.

So I moved the litter box back onto the seat and she used it fine.

Now I am using an alternative method where I got a turkey baker pan
and placed it in the litter box so that she uses the litter box "in"
the toilet. What I am supposed to do is to cut a small hole in the
turkey baker pan and make it larger but when I tried this for the
first time it was the same situation as with the seran wrap. Stub saw
a little of the water below and thought "hmmm. I dont think I should
poop in here. I think it would be better if I just pooped in the
floor". So, the question I am asking is... What on earth should my
next step be. I know there are probably people here who may not be so
keen on the whole toilet training thing, but please do not be too
harsh with me.

Also, it is noted that this cat is rather large (about 12 lbs or so).
When she uses the toilet/litter combo now she does balance herself on
the toilet seat as she would if she were just using the toilet alone
but sometimes she messes up and kinda sits in the toilet/litter, which
will obviously not work if I ever am able to remove the pan from the
toilet.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated,
Stevie
Old September 27th 04, 06:23 AM

Please don't force your cats to do this. Your cat is already telling you
it does not want to do this and to continue with this plan is cruel.
Toilet training a cat is wrong for many reasons:
http://community.webtv.net/zuzu22/toilet

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old September 27th 04, 12:59 PM
PawsForThought

http://community.webtv.net/zuzu22/toilet

Megan, I got a "page cannot be found" for your webpage.
________
Declawing Info: http://www.wholecatjournal.com/articles/claws.htm

Old September 27th 04, 02:08 PM

Sorry, I forgot part of the url. Here is the correct url:
http://community.webtv.net/zuzu22/toilettraining

Old September 27th 04, 03:25 PM
kaeli

In article , stephen2718
@yahoo.com enlightened us with...

Also, it is noted that this cat is rather large (about 12 lbs or so).
When she uses the toilet/litter combo now she does balance herself on
the toilet seat as she would if she were just using the toilet alone
but sometimes she messes up and kinda sits in the toilet/litter, which
will obviously not work if I ever am able to remove the pan from the
toilet.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated,\

Toilets are for people. Dirt, grass, and litter are for pets.

~kaeli~
If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace