At the luau

Old June 12th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default At the luau

I know what you mean. Kitty Schottland is old, and Lilith
Kitten-Mahoney is cranky.

Shall we go have some shrimpies?

Gallantly,
Cousin Rosco P. Catrane, Age 1
Junior Tabby In Residence

"Stormmee" wrote in message
He iz owlde anna kranki anna owlde anna did i say kranki, juzt
kuz i iz alla
time tryinta play wif hizself, anna itself bakfired on hizself,
kuz furri
getted mineself a playmate so der!!! Stormee
ChildFree23 wrote in message
ink.net...
Why does Tiger insist you contain yourownself? Doesn't he
know
you're just a kitten?

Cousin Rosco, defensively

"Stormmee" wrote in message
anna diz iz gonna be funfunfun... i lofez shrimpeez anna ani
fisiez...
Stormmee,...sees Tiger and makes a concerted effort to
contain
herownsef...
is only partialli successzul...
ChildFree23 wrote in message
ink.net...
[The teleporter twinkles, winkles, and shines, and out
steps
Stormmee, and her escort, Cousin Rosco.]

We're here! And we bought cocktail sauce for the shrimp!

Cousin Rosco P. Catrane, Age 1
Junior Tabby In Residence

[As the kitties start to arrive, things start to get
busy.
Out
on Pebbly
Beach, near the southeast corner of the island, a large
fire
pit is full
of wood burning high and crackling. The smoke is quite
fragrant,
suggesting that a good part of the burning wood is
mesquite
and
orange.

Sunset is approaching, with a beautiful orange/pink glow
in
the
eastern
sky. Kitties who walk a little bit to the south along the
beach
are easily
able to see the glow, while the kitties near the fire pit
are
shaded by
the high cliffs.

As everyone mingles and meows, enjoying the nip tea, nip
wine,
and nip
beer, a sound can be heard in the distance. It sounds
like a
series of
explosions is drawing near! Kitties take shelter behind
rocks
and logs,
wondering if a war is heading towards them. Moments later
aging golf
cart, driven by a couple of scraggly kitties, is seen
tooling
down the
beach towards the luau area. As the cart draws near, the
drivercat slams
on the brakes, locks the wheels, and spins out, finally
stopping just feet
from the edge of the fire.]

Jocko: Hey, Gruf, welcome back! How was the fishing?
Looks
like
you've got
more goodies than usual there. Everykitty, this is my bud
Gruf
and his
chick Lana. They've been fishing over on the other side
of
the
island.

Here, let's get unloaded and get things underway.

[Jocko and Gruf fetch a couple large bushel baskets of
wet
seaweed from
the cart. They throw a thick layer on top of the fire.
They
then return
with a basket of clams and spread them on top of the
seaweed.
This is
followed by another layer of seaweed, then a layer of
lobsters,
crabs, mussels, and scallops. Finally another layer of
seaweed
is added,
then topped off with skewers of abalone steaks.]

Ok, everykitty, we'll be ready to start eating in just a
few
minutes!

Jocko

Old June 12th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Alright, efurrybody, the abalone kabobs are done! Come help yourselves.

Jocko

And now EVERYTHING is done! Here's clams and scallops and shrimpies and
lopsterz and more abalones. We got plenty for everyone. I'll set it all
over here on the folding tables.

Oh, and here come some more guests! They must have heard that excellent
guitar playing.

[A couple of large skunks come waddling in from the brush]

Folks, these are Gigi and Pepe. They are some of the coolest folks you
could ever hope to meet! They are real party animals, and when you get
attacked by a pack of wild dogs you DEFINITELY want to have these two in
your corner. Gigi, Pepe, all the good stuff just came off the fire, so
help yourself.

Oh, and here comes another good friend. Nobody freak out, keep cool...

[As Jocko speaks, a huge black mountain lion jumps onto a large boulder by
the edge of the clearing, then springs onto the sand near the fire. She
lets out a ear-piercing shriek, then lies down, rolls on her back and does
an energetic dust-roll. She then hops to her feet and starts dancing to
the guitar music.]

Everykitty, this is Big Mama. She's one totally freaky ladycat, and she is
in charge of keeping our catnip fields safe. And she is an excellent
dancer!

Jocko

Old June 13th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

["Ooh, kool", Rebecca thinks to herself.]

Meow, Ms. Gigi an Mr. Pepe. Mine name iz Rebecca. Wud yoo like to sit wif
my liddle groop over dere? I wud luv to sit an tawk wif yoo -- I haz never
knowed ennee skunks before. Ms. Big Mama sertinly seemz to be havvin a gud
time, duznt she?

[Rebecca, Gigi, and Pepe watch Big Mama dancing. She and Hercule seem to
appreciate each other's efforts -- Hercule's playing becomes more elaborate,
and Big Mama's steps keep right up with him. When the song finally ends,
all the animals erupt in enthusiastic applause for both of them.]

Bravo, Hercule! Brava, Big Mama! Oh, dat wuz so much fun!

Rebecca

Old June 13th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 05:44:23 +0000, Rebecca wrote:

["Ooh, kool", Rebecca thinks to herself.]

Meow, Ms. Gigi an Mr. Pepe. Mine name iz Rebecca. Wud yoo like to sit wif
my liddle groop over dere? I wud luv to sit an tawk wif yoo -- I haz never
knowed ennee skunks before. Ms. Big Mama sertinly seemz to be havvin a gud
time, duznt she?

Thank you, kitty cat. Gigi and I will be glad to sit wif you. I must say,
mos bisitors to da beach aren't so open-minded - a lot of dem don't seem
to like skunks, eben though Gigi and I are really furry friendly. So
fanku!

Yes, dey do seem to be hafin fun. But den Big Mama allez doez. She's a
bigbig cat but she likes to play an danze and party.

Pepe
Old June 13th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

[Rebecca, Gigi, and Pepe watch Big Mama dancing. She and Hercule seem to
appreciate each other's efforts -- Hercule's playing becomes more elaborate,
and Big Mama's steps keep right up with him. When the song finally ends,
all the animals erupt in enthusiastic applause for both of them.]

Bravo, Hercule! Brava, Big Mama! Oh, dat wuz so much fun!

Rebecca

[A panting Hercule puts down is guitar and rejoins Rebecca and company.]

Thank you, Rebecca! That was indeed fun. I haven't had a chance to do that
for many years. And welcome to you two. Did I hear correctly over the
sounds of the guitar that you are Gigi and Pepe? I'm pleased to meet you.

I'm terribly thirsty after all that. I'll be right back...

[Hercule dashes to the serving table and returns with a pitcher of nip
tea, a bottle of nip wine, a platter of food, and a pawful of glasses.]

Here, who would like something to eat or drink?

Hercule
Old June 14th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

[...]

Oh, hi Gigi and Pepe, I see yuz ar blak an wite tuu, juzt lyke me.
Yu gotz lufferlee fluffy blak an wite taylez, an I du beleef dat weez
got uh Fluffy Tail Club on da Mainland, wud yuz lyke tu joyn uz?

Hiya Big Mama, du yu hb liddul cubz, or purrhapz Big Cubz?
--
Pitö.önya

Old June 14th 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Hercule Lenoir" wrote in message
news
[...]

Wy fangu, Hercule, I wyll hab uh nibbul ov diz an uh sip ov dat.
--
Pitö.önya

Old June 14th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

I will hab sum uv dat nip iced tee, pleez. An I haz sumfing fur yoo, too.

[Rebecca removes one of the matching leis she is wearing, puts it around
Hercule's neck, and gives him a cheek rub on each cheek.]

I hopez yoo likez da cullerz.

Rebecca