Purrs for this poor unfortunate cat.......

Old September 16th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Purrs for this poor unfortunate cat.......

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Mischief wrote:

Oh, and YES the owner wanted this and she claims that the cat actually
LIKES it.

He doesn't LOOK as though he likes it much! (Look at the
expression on his face - "resigned" maybe, but "likes it"?)

I wouldn't ever EVER put a cat through this.....

Well, the fur will grow back of course - but why shave him
at the END of the summer instead of at the beginning? He
looks fairly long-haired - was it all in mats from rolling
around on a concrete driveway or something?

The fur grows back so fast, in about 12 weeks it's back like it was.
Some cats just mat. They don't even have to do anything, it's the kind
of fur they have. Biskit *never* goes outdoors and she matts something
awful. And she hates to be brushed, so that adds to the problem.

Sherry

Old September 16th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

-L. wrote:

Plus it looks like the cat's underbelly wasn't shaven - what's the
point?

-L.

I didn't notice that. No, there's no point to the haircut. If it was
for the cat's comfort or hygeine, that's the most important part to get
off.

Sherry

Old September 16th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
ups.com...

Mischief wrote:
No, this cat is not dying. In fact as far as I know this cat is in
EXCELLENT health.

So why the purrs?

Well, he came in for a shave and bath, and since i had my camera to
take pics of the bitty, i just HAD to snap a few.

Oh, please put away any beverages BEFORE clicking the link.
HINTHINTHINT

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/krysfa...en%3as,1%3af,0

Oh, and YES the owner wanted this and she claims that the cat actually
LIKES it.

I wouldn't ever EVER put a cat through this.....

Kristi

That's not an asthetically good haircut (IMO, but the eye of the
beholder and all that)...
The owner is probably right. If the cat's hair was long, thick/ and
matted, the cat probably does like it. Biskit is going to get shaved
every spring from now on. She loves it. She is cool, comfortable, and
prances around like she knows she's pretty.
But if the owner did this simply because it looks bizarre, that's not
right.

Sherry

I agree. My son used to have his Persian shaved because her fur got so
matted, but they shaved everything except the head and the tip of the tail.
She would have looked like an albino lion if she didn't have that flat face.

Joy

Old September 16th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Rhonda wrote:
Wow, that is quite a haircut. I've never seen any cut like that on a cat.

It's completely assinine. I would have refused to do it.

That was pretty nice of the owners to let you put their cat's pictures
on the internet. I probably would have declined in their spot -- I'd
want to hide the evidence, ha!

They should be shot.

Plus it looks like the cat's underbelly wasn't shaven - what's the
point?

I will add my 2p worth here. If it is necessary for a cat to be shaved
because it is matted, so be it. Some cats, especially ex-ferals will not
allow grooming under any circumstances.
However, if it was ever necessary for my two I would have the whole body
shaved and not leave a "Mohican" to make him/her a laughing stock. IMO this
is wrong. I don't think my vet would do it and let a cat look ridiculous.
I'm sure they would shave the whole body to let all the hair grow back in
at the same time and at least give the cat some dignity.

Tweed

Old September 16th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-09-16 10:31:39 -0500, "Jo Firey" said:

"Rhonda" wrote in message
-L. wrote:
Rhonda wrote:

Wow, that is quite a haircut. I've never seen any cut like that on a cat.

It's completely assinine. I would have refused to do it.

That was pretty nice of the owners to let you put their cat's pictures
on the internet. I probably would have declined in their spot -- I'd
want to hide the evidence, ha!

They should be shot.

Plus it looks like the cat's underbelly wasn't shaven - what's the
point?

What would be the point of shaving a cat in general? Do people really
come in and ask for things like that?

I can see wanting a little trim on a long-haired cat.

Rhonda

Sometimes cats have to be trimmed. And its usually relatively
traumatic. If you have them shaved it doesn't have to be done so often,
and also gets all the tangles out.

My aunt routinely has her Himalayans bellies, or rather pretty much
everything but their backs heads and tails shaved. Not as extreme as
this guy. They won't let her brush them and they don't keep the
tangles out themselves.

They are rescue cats, so it isn't like she had the chance to train them
better. Her first Him, adored brushing and always looked wonderful.

We had to shave our persian Nermal ocassionally because the texture of
her hair was such it just matted like mad and she wasn't real ammenable
to combing. However, while the shaving neccesitated putting her under,
she LOVED not being matted. She looked odd, but she felt great and we
told her she was gorgeous and made over her. SHe acted totally
different. Like a queen.

My vets have a himalayan named Katrina who has diabetes and
pancreatitis. They have to shave her because she will NOT groom. Her
former owner apparently had her groomed once a month and she never
learned. With all her trouble she gets poopy butt a lot and it makes it
much easier for them to clean her too. She's been there a year.
Generally she has always looks like she doesn't feel well but the last
two times I've seen her she is actually almost perky.

Old September 16th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian A wrote:

Matthew wrote:
A old proverb that a Klingon taught me Revenge is a dish best served
cold
and Revenge shall be mine

I thought that line came from, Khan Noonien Singh, in Star Trek: The Wrath
of Khan (1982)

But he got it from the Klingons.

And the screenwriter got it from Moby Dick, I believe.

Joyce
Old September 16th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Rhonda wrote:

Micha wrote:

Hope you got the permission to publish the pics, otherwise that can
mean trouble with the owner of this cat.

As a professional tech, I just assumed she did. At the very least the
clinic would lose a client if they found out.

She said she had permission in the initial post.

Joyce
Old September 16th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Rhonda wrote:
[...]

But Biskit wouldn't care if her whole body was shaved or if I told them
to make her look like a French poodle. The 'do is for me, not her. She
just likes the comfort. I don't think dignity figures in for a cat
their haircut. (although they *do* know when they are being laughed at.
Heck. She doesn't know what she looks like anyway. When she looks in a
mirror she thinks it's another cat.

Sherry