If we ever needed purrs

Old September 27th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default If we ever needed purrs-Update day whatever

Here is a silly thought, but amusing. I do not, by any means,
imply that you are doing anything inappropriate in
your lifestyle, it sounds as committed a partnership as
any marriage I have ever known, and probably much more
committed than many marriages I can quote....but wouldn't it be
a slap in the face to all that staff which have been
so condescending to you both to have a marriage ceremony
at his bedside and *MAKE* them be witnesses to it?
(j/k....it's the revenge factor part of me coming out) 8^P

Hah, I was thinking this too! I don't have much interest in a formal
marriage ceremony to "confirm" my 10 year relationship, but if I were
ever in a case where Dylan or I were in the hospital and being treated
like that I would totally marry him on the spot!

These "doctors" are completely unlike the sort of doctor Dylan is.

--Fil

Old September 27th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default If we ever needed purrs-Update

Lesley wrote:

I helped him with it, which earned him a gold star when they saw that
he had nearly cleared the plate- not that it wasany good he tells me
and wishes they had salad on the menu. Then I put his tray aside and
was immediately bombarded with patients asking if I could do the same
for them and one old guy who was terribly upset was being completely
ignored I think some nurses have marked him down as a "bad patient"
because apart from anything else his English is virtually non existent
but with a moments attention I realised he'd dropped his water cup and
couldn't reach it. Ten seconds work and he smiled and said "Thank you"
and poured himself a drink...

That's appalling!! Are all hospitals in the NHS this bad?? You guys
need an overhaul of your system. (I know - pot, kettle, black, but that
sounds horrible.)

You deserve an award for dealing with all that and managing not fly off
in a screaming rage.

Purrs continuing for you and Dave,
Joyce
Old September 27th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default If we ever needed purrs

On 24 Sep 2006 15:41:50 -0700, "Lesley" wrote:

Forgive bad typing

Using Dave's keyboard which is a mess

Dave got taken to hosp Friday may be serious

All purrs PLEASE

MS has been siggested along with the big C might be not as major but
he is in is for a week or more

Forgive bad typing had almostno sleep for a few days

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Oh, Lesley, I hope everything will be okay. Loud purrs from 9 cats
and a human heading your way.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old September 28th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default If we ever needed purrs -The Battle of Phyllis Friend Ward etc

Hi all

To top it all just after I read the group this morning I got a call
from my new line manager apparently Occupational Health have not got my
form and I can't start next Monday if they don't clear me- still she
gave me a name and number to call tomorrow and maybe they can do it
over the phone

Then I get to the ward, Dave is very proud of himself....

Last night I noticed that when they were putting in his antibiotics he
was getting ill...Seriously as fast as the needles were going in he was
going pale. Last nigth at one point all he could do was ask me to get
some ice- he was getting 16 injections per day

Then came to 10 o'clock injection.....At which point his nurse
suggested taking him to A&E

Dave finally decided to say no....they put a port in his left wrist
which kept falling out and has left him with bad bruising in his left
hand this may not be a problem for many people but Dave has to be a bit
careful as that is his functional hand. He only has an index finger
and thumb on that side should he lose or damage either then he cannot
feed himself, wash or anything....

They dragged out Pedro (Dave thinks that's his name but by this point
he's not had much sleep because they wake him up for 16 injections a
day!) who turns out to be the capo di capo of the nursing staff....

Result Pedro surrenders....Dave said yesterday he would be running the
ward in 3 days
BUT I think he's doing better than that as they now seem to agree he
should have been transferred to oral medication sooner

Result today he's on pills much easier to take- he'd very tired as you
wou;d expect but today he has worked out how to position himself in bed
so that he can eat a meal without help and suddenly he gets the gold
star for finishing off his food!

Other bits

He met with the social worker who turned out okay,,Said about the
rehoming thing "If you wanna move fine by me bur if I had a flat on Bow
Road I wouldn't wanna move myself" And has agreed maybe he needs to
talk to me "Sometime but I don't want to stop her starting her new job"
Dave swears he's seen the guy before we think he lives local but not
sure anyway he seems down to Earth and acn't understand why some junior
has suggested he gets rid of the cats-anyway he says what the junior
idiot said about moving to a ground floor flat with nearby shops is not
a good result since if Dave wanted a tube then is he supposed to not go
anywhere with no stairs.....

He should get his MRI tomorrow once sorted then we can on with things

His new lead nurse loves me because I told her where her name comes
from and she told me that no other person apart from her fellow
Africans knew that.......And she;s a good nurse

Her name is Katherine KumanI can only thank Nox for sending one of her
agents.................

The end was bad through Dave needed a pee alas this is 7.30 and all the
nurses are doing handover and I could not get a nurse apart from a
student who seems stunned at the ides and had to go and find someone by
wihich time it was too late

Myself? I popped into the local and intended to have one and come home
but got dragged into the quiz night, the winning team got 29 out of 40
I got 28.50 on my own- guess the brain still works!!!!

Old September 28th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

His new lead nurse loves me because I told her where her name comes
from and she told me that no other person apart from her fellow
Africans knew that.......And she;s a good nurse

Her name is Katherine KumanI can only thank Nox for sending one of her
agents.................

My Kumani sends more purrs, and looks very pleased with herself.

See? Sometimes Nocturne uses her dark powers for good.

(What a great story! The funny thing is I have no African heritage
myself.)

--Fil

Old September 28th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Enfilade wrote:

See? Sometimes Nocturne uses her dark powers for good.

But don't tell everyone !

Many blessings to Nox and all of you!!!

Lesley

Old September 28th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Lesley wrote:

Anyway it is time to put my smart jacket on (Confound them!) and drag
myself to the hospital and can I say thanks for all the purrs, prayers,
cyberhugs etc but most of all thanks for practical advice, cheering up
messages and giving me a place to rant!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

No problem, Lesley. Rant away. We're here for you. Purrs for both you
and Dave.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 28th 06, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

tension_on_the_wire wrote:

The more active a role that
the patient has, the quicker they heal and the better they feel,
and the more likely they are to co-operate with anything
in the process that requires work, like physiotherapy and
such.

He's going to need a lot of physiotherapy, which will be where some poor physiotherapist meets one Hell of a stubborn b***er. My sympathies lie with the therapist in that case. Dave likes to do things in his own time and at his own pace....To be honest much as I love him dearly (despite all this) the best therapist he needs will be one he can't "persuade" ie nag to see things his way!

Old September 28th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Lesley wrote:
Hi all

snip
He should get his MRI tomorrow once sorted then we can on with things

His new lead nurse loves me because I told her where her name comes
from and she told me that no other person apart from her fellow
Africans knew that.......And she;s a good nurse

Her name is Katherine KumanI can only thank Nox for sending one of her
agents.................

The end was bad through Dave needed a pee alas this is 7.30 and all
the nurses are doing handover and I could not get a nurse apart from a
student who seems stunned at the ides and had to go and find someone
by wihich time it was too late

Myself? I popped into the local and intended to have one and come home
but got dragged into the quiz night, the winning team got 29 out of 40
I got 28.50 on my own- guess the brain still works!!!!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I'm glad things are improving, however slowly. Congratulations on nearly
winning the quiz, if there had been more questions about cats you would have
wiped the floor with them. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 28th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com

Lesley wrote:

Not a bad day- Dave is better in himself and I have managed more or
less to calm down...

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Update you when I have more news