[OT] Going to South Carolina

Old December 7th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default [OT] Going to South Carolina

Mom called this morning and said yes, now she'd like me to come help her
out. I had some financial things to take care of before I could book a
flight but those things are now out of the way. So I'm leaving flying out
Monday afternoon.

She asked me to book a one-way ticket. She doesn't know how long she'll
want or need me to be there; I could be staying for a funeral or she might
send me home the next week. Who knows?

I've arranged for open-ended boarding at 'da smelly playce' for Persia and
Peaches (I'll drop them off on Monday morning, 12/10). I'll keep in contact
with the vet's office to let them know when I'll be coming home.

I feel really bad for Persia and Peaches. They take good care of them there
at the vets office. And they love Persia. But she will cry and wonder if
I'm ever coming back. All I can do right now is love on her and hug her all
weekend.

Peaches loves me, sure. But she won't really miss me since everyone there
is so taken with a bird that chirps to the sound of running water :-D

Dad doesn't know I'm coming. He may tell me to get the hell out. Sorry,
can't do that, I don't have a return ticket. LOL

I'm taking something with me that he asked me about earlier this year,
before he was so far gone. See, I never actually "met" my father until I
was a year old. He was in Okinawa when I was born. (I'm told I screamed
and started crying when I first saw him. LOL) He gave me a red stuffed
animal. He called it a 'dog', I called it a bear. At any rate, I named it
Woo-Woo and it was always by my side. So he asked me early this year if I
still have the little red 'dog'. Yes, I do. Woo-woo is much the worse for
wear. Filthy (I don't dare wash him!). Tattered ears. One felt eye is
half missing. Also missing is the small black pom-pom nose and his face is
smushed in. His neck's all floppy, too. But yes, I still have him! LOL

I'm packing him and taking him back to keep Dad company when he takes his
naps. It's a memory he can relate to.

Anyway, please forgive me but for the time being, now that all this is
arranged I'm going to get a little drunk and hug my cat and sing songs with
Peaches.

Jill

Old December 7th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I hope you have a safe trip and things go as well as possible. I believe
you can get an "open ended" round trip ticket. You might want to look into
that. It may or may not be the best deal for you.

Purrs, prayers and hugs,

Joy

Old December 7th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

jmcquown wrote:
Mom called this morning and said yes, now she'd like me to come help
her out. I had some financial things to take care of before I could
book a flight but those things are now out of the way. So I'm
leaving flying out Monday afternoon.

Have a safe trip.

Hugs and purrs.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old December 9th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Purrs headed your way, Jill. Sending hopes that Woo-Woo will help your
Dad remember you.

Sam