Purrs please?

Old January 5th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Purrs please?

For me, this time. I find myself in a spot. I have a really terrible cold,
this week-- I brought it home from Maryland with me from my niece and
nephew. This isn't just sniffles, folks. This is days and days of
feeling like I'm going to die, oozing mucus from everwyhere, coughing, achy
muscles, sneezing, and spraying snot everywhere. NOT sleeping at night. I
had to cancel all my appointments last week. I still feel just miserable
today. Oh, and I cannot use my voice, at all.

Well, I've been admitted to a special program for rare book librarians and
dealers, that is only held in my area once a year, and which I've only just
had the money for this year. This is one of those little things that puts a
finishing touch on your resume, and lets you stand out among a lot of people
who all go to the same schools and do the same things. Well, it starts
MONDAY, and just goes for five days. This is something I've been working
very hard and preparing for, for a long time.

Please, please, could you spare me a few health purrs? Some
throat-soothing, nose-opening, cough-stopping, get-some-rest tonight and
tomorrow purrs? Some miraculous, wake-up bright-eyed and bushytailed and
ready to go purrs?

Old January 5th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jan 5, 1:15*pm, "Kreisleriana" wrote:

Please, please, could you spare me a few health purrs? *Some
throat-soothing, nose-opening, cough-stopping, get-some-rest tonight and
tomorrow purrs? *Some miraculous, wake-up bright-eyed and bushytailed and
ready to go purrs?

Health purrs are on their way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 5th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Lots and lots of purrs that you're well by Monday.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 5th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Jan 5, 4:15 pm, "Kreisleriana" wrote:

Please, please, could you spare me a few health purrs? Some
throat-soothing, nose-opening, cough-stopping, get-some-rest tonight and
tomorrow purrs? Some miraculous, wake-up bright-eyed and bushytailed and
ready to go purrs?

Feel better, drying, soothing, sleepy purrs on the way to you. Start
packing vitamin C and zinc and hopefully by Monday you'll be feeling
better.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus
Old January 5th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Kreisleriana wrote:

For me, this time. I find myself in a spot. I have a really terrible cold,
this week-- I brought it home from Maryland with me from my niece and
nephew. This isn't just sniffles, folks. This is days and days of
feeling like I'm going to die, oozing mucus from everwyhere, coughing, achy
muscles, sneezing, and spraying snot everywhere. NOT sleeping at night. I
had to cancel all my appointments last week. I still feel just miserable
today. Oh, and I cannot use my voice, at all.

Purrs on the way, of course, but just by way of added
practical suggestions:

When I was struggling with a Christmas cold I discovered the
herbal throat spray I've always relied upon doesn't seem to
be readily available in Arizona. Guy in a health-food store
steered me to Nature's Way "Umcka ColdCare". It contains
something called "pelagorium sidoides", a South African herb
of the geranium family. It's a syrup, but he told me to
gargle with it before swallowing it. Four doses, and I was
nearly back to normal - it dealt not only with the sore
throat, but with the nasal and chest congestion, too. (I
know what I'll head for first, next time I start getting a
sore throat!)

Old January 5th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_2_]

It sounds like what was a cold may have turned into a sinus infection
and bronchitis. Hie thee to an emergency room this evening to get some
antibiotics so you start to feel better. A Z-pack will work wonders with
those things.

Bridget - experienced at colds going bad

Old January 5th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Kreisleriana wrote:
Please, please, could you spare me a few health purrs? Some
throat-soothing, nose-opening, cough-stopping, get-some-rest tonight and
tomorrow purrs? Some miraculous, wake-up bright-eyed and bushytailed and
ready to go purrs?

Lots and lots of healing purrs.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 5th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way. Also, you might pick up some Dayquil. Even if you
don't like taking pills, it might be worth it to control any symptoms you
might still have when you are at the event.

--
Joy

"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the
boat."~Mark Twain

Old January 5th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way (also for Baja and her spouse). I got sick with sinus crud
much as you describe just two days after arriving in South Carolina. But
since I was there to take a burden off Mom for a while I couldn't just crawl
in bed and hibernate, much as I wanted to. I sure hope you're feeling
better for attending this special program you've worked so hard towards.

Jill

Old January 5th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Purrs and prayers for you. And if that cold/cough/ stuff
doesn't clear up real soon, please go see your doctor just
to see if you need antibiotics.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

[...]

TED purrs Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 16 June 25th 06 05:58 PM
Purrs of condolence and also job purrs needed Gabey8 Cat anecdotes 15 April 7th 06 05:44 PM
Purrs please Fuga :o\) Cat anecdotes 24 November 8th 04 10:25 AM
Kitty purrs and tuna purrs Dan M Cat anecdotes 57 July 22nd 04 07:00 AM