Sharing a bed with three killers

Old January 7th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Sharing a bed with three killers

Came home last night to find a very dead mouse under my computer
table.

Cats are truely amazing as they will sleep on your chest purring and
yet turn into small killing machines as needed.

So far in the last year or so two mouses and one rat found out that it
was not a wise thing to enter a home with three killers on guard.

Of course I was not all that happy, the time I woke up to find they
had gotten a bird into my home and then took it apart all over the
house.

Feathers and bird parts everywhere!
Old January 8th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Yes, we often wonder at our petite predators--like what instinct
prompts Tyche to devour ladybugs.

DP lifted her up as a parent would a toddler daughter and told her to
"look at pretty ladybug..."

Out went a paw...WHAP...that swung to a mouth...CHOMP...and while DP
stared at the kitten in his arms, horrified, Tyche made a very pleased
GULP.

Way to go Vegetarian Father. She's not taking after you much, is she?

--Fil

Old January 8th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Enfilade wrote:

Yes, we often wonder at our petite predators--like what instinct
prompts Tyche to devour ladybugs.

DP lifted her up as a parent would a toddler daughter and told her to
"look at pretty ladybug..."

Out went a paw...WHAP...that swung to a mouth...CHOMP...and while DP
stared at the kitten in his arms, horrified, Tyche made a very pleased
GULP.

He was *surprised* at this??

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 8th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Enfilade wrote:

Way to go Vegetarian Father. She's not taking after you much, is she?

LOL! How shocking for a MomDad.

Old January 8th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Jan 7, 9:19*pm, Marina wrote:
Enfilade wrote:

Way to go Vegetarian Father. *She's not taking after you much, is she?

LOL! How shocking for a MomDad.

Sometimes they just remind us they're little predators, and at heart,
they're not much different than the big cats. The main difference is
the size of the prey they go after. I remember scaring away a bird
the Late Isadora was stalking, and she turned and gave me the
DIRTIEST look!

Although, given the sad events at the San Francisco Zoo on Christmas
Day, I'm awfully grateful my girls are the size they are and as tame
and sweet as they are. I wouldn't wish being mauled by a tiger on
anyone and would certainly be terrified if I came in contact with a
free and angry adult tiger, but I feel very sad about the death of
Tatiana, too. She got the worst of the deal all the way around, a wild
animal caged in a zoo, and then shot dead for acting in accordance
with her nature. Of course, if she'd lived wild, she might also have
been shot by poachers.
Melissa
Old January 8th 08, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Shiral wrote:

Although, given the sad events at the San Francisco Zoo on Christmas
Day, I'm awfully grateful my girls are the size they are and as tame
and sweet as they are. I wouldn't wish being mauled by a tiger on
anyone and would certainly be terrified if I came in contact with a
free and angry adult tiger, but I feel very sad about the death of
Tatiana, too. She got the worst of the deal all the way around, a wild
animal caged in a zoo, and then shot dead for acting in accordance
with her nature. Of course, if she'd lived wild, she might also have
been shot by poachers.

That's the worst of it. Living in the zoo was probably the best thing
for her, but it certainly has its limitations.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 11th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

He was *surprised* at this??

Sure. The kittens seemed to be learning all their other behaviours
from him--like typing, and touching with the paw (a gesture we call
"blessing" but, in fact, they are trying to pet us and one another as
we pet them)--the fact that they've also got "catch and eat" in their
behaviour list, well, HE didn't teach them that

--Fil

Thanks for sharing [email protected] Cat anecdotes 11 August 21st 06 04:24 AM
Sharing Beatrice Pat Cat anecdotes 1 April 29th 06 05:05 AM
WI Cat Killers Defeated Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 17 May 23rd 05 03:38 AM
Sharing Recipes Sherry Cat anecdotes 17 October 20th 04 05:27 AM
Sharing the Catfood Fat Freddy Cat health & behaviour 14 January 14th 04 05:32 PM