[OT] Hypnosis Anyone?

Old January 9th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lorraine

Default [OT] Hypnosis Anyone?

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:19:48 +0200, "Christine K."
wrote:

My mom "started smoking" by putting into a jar the then equivalent sum
of one packet of smokes a day. After some time she deposited it on her
bank account. Can't remember for how long she kept it up, but it turned
out to be an easy way to save a fair amount of money...

A former co-worker made a sweet deal (for her) with her husband. He
paid her what she would have spent smoking every month. So as the price
of cigarettes went up, he paid her more each month for not smoking. I
really don't know if he is still paying her, as things in their life
have changed a lot lately, but I do know she got at least two trips to
Italy out of the deal over the years.

I wish I would have put away the money I would have spent on cigarettes.
I'd be up to $83K by now. That's using $3 a pack, and I'm not sure one
can buy a pack for $3 any more.

L.
Old January 9th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lorraine

Default Hypnosis Anyone?

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:59:13 -0800, "Joy" wrote:

I just checked the quit list of the group, and I am now listed as an
Olympian Old Fogie. I'm about 6 weeks away from being moved to the
Titanic Old Fogie list (over 10 years). Yippee!

I still miss them from time to time. :-/ I agree with Julie on the
weight thing. Sometimes it's just too much to handle all at one time.

L.

Congratulations, Lorraine! That is a real achievement!

Thanks!

L.
Old January 9th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:08:14 -0600, CatNipped
wrote:
"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
On Jan 8, 10:42 am, "CatNipped" wrote:
Has anyone here had experience with a hypnotist? I'm trying to talk
DH
into
going to one in order to help him quit smoking without gaining weight.
I'd
like to be able to relate some success stories to him to help him make
the
decision to spend the bucks it takes ($1,600 for 14 session - once a
week
for 8 weeks then once a month for "maintenance").

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Lori,
Is there a reason you want him to quit without gaining weight?

Because he is dangerously overweight already - I'm afraid that he'll have
just as many if not more health problems with this as with smoking (and
the
combination is already deadly).

Not likely.

An AA saying is "quit in the order they're killing you."
After he quits smoking, he can deal with the weight problem.

Newsflash: being overweight is from stuffing your face. Quit putting
food
in your mouth in excess of your needs and you'll quit being so
overweight.
Minimize eating processed foods and never eat fast food. Dining at
McDonalds is little better than having potato chips and soda for dinner.

That's just as simplistic as saying "just quit smoking or you'll get lung
cancer". Much easier said than done. It's always easier to solve someone
else's problem than to deal with our own demons, but simplistic answers
that don't touch on the root of the problem just never work.

Well, we all know that eating more calories than we burn off will cause us
to gain weight and that smoking is bad for us. We don't need AZ Nomad to
tell us that in such an offensive way.
The news over here is "portion control" start reducing the portions. It
takes a while, apparently, to know when the stomach is full enough, so wait
half an hour or so after eating and you will find you are satisfied. Do not
eat until you are really full (unless you are underweight)

Tweed