Exploring Cat Island

Old September 27th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Default Exploring Cat Island

trudi puts this on her nightly prayeer list to bast. ...

--
If you want to discuss top posting please email me privately, lets not
clutter the news group, thanks*****

..
"Community Cats" wrote in message
Mimzy tugs on Bob Qats ear and says, 'This is where we came from, The
Second World, and we hafta learn all we can but we can't say 'anything'
to anybody without permission. Understand? Bob Qat nods in agreement.
Mimzy gets a sad look on her face, I didn't know kitties got sick and
hurt here. I want to do all I can to help.
Don't you? I wonder if there are bitties here too?. Hmmm, lots to
learn about The Second World. Father Frank seemed nice, and he keeps
secrets too. He does all sorts of good things.
Little Mimzy sits down and starts to cry happy/sad and her brother Bob
Qat comforts her. 'Kinda overwhelming, isn't it?' he says. Mimzy
sniffs and says 'yup, it sure is' and I'm so glad you're my brother.
And I'm glad yer my sister.
Then they both shake off their 'mood' and run off to find Pa Mosey.

[McDougal overhears this conversation]

Aye, 'tis sad when kitties hurt or sick, but these things happen most
everywhere. But fortunately nokitty has gotten badly hurt for a very long
time. All we usually see is the occasional turned paw from stepping in a
hole, or a kitty with a cold. That one kitty you saw had been playing out
in the cold, got all wet and kept playing in the cold, and didn't come
inside when his momcat called to him. But he'll be right as rain before
long.

As fer yer momcat, I remember her. She would have been fine, but she was
a wanderer and was dissatisfied with some aspects of the Second World.
She always wanted to see new things, and she wanted only the best and
most exciting things for you kits. But she recognized her vows to keep
magic sacred, so she never used hers when she could have made her life
easier. She tried to do everything by herself, even things she had not
learned to do without magic.

But, now that you kits are living with that fine mancat Mosey, and are
getting trained in the use of your magic, and have reunited with your
aunt Morgana, I'll bet that we can find your momcat and help her return
to the Second World. Then everyone will be happy again and we'll have
nothing to worry about.

McDougal

Old September 28th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

Ahhh, Eggselent work. Letz download zees to da serfur in da Temple
Library so zat efurrykitty can zen log in and download eet to heez
purrsonal GPS unit.

Now nokitty can be lost on da Island - and da Temple Library haz more
valooble infurmashun about catz!

--
Ciao kittiez,

Mercurio
9/26/2009 12:42:08 PM

Wow sez Mosey n da Kits awl at onse. Dat is a wunnerful idear. Mosey,
Mimzy n Bob Qat

An since wez got stereo cameras we can run da output through Amelia's
photogrametry software an build a nice 3D model of da island.

Harri
Old October 1st 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 20:41:27 +0000, Harri Roadcat wrote:

[Harri completes the detailed fly-over of the island and checks the notes
she wrote as they flew. She and OT return to the area of the lake,
adjacent to the ampitheater. Harri checks the survey instruments and
notices that the water in the lake is warm, with a temperature in the
80's F. OT points out several smaller pools nearby where the water is
even warmer.

Harri heads out past the wall of rocks that form the edge of the island.
In her usual style the skids of the caticopter clear the tops of the
boulders by mere inches. The chopper descends to just above the water and
speeds along the coast. When the GPS says that they are just off the
fishing port Harri pulls hard on the stick and stands on the rudder pedal
and speeds towards the boulders. When the GPS says they are in position
she banks hard again, just clearing the entry boulders. Sure enough, the
boulders have shielded a roomy harbor from view.

The chopper slows to a hover, still just inches above the water surface.
As they hover OT points out to Harri that bunches of large fish are
jumping out of the water and bumping against the bottom of the chopper.

Harri pulls the chopper out of hover and climbs up to several hundred
feet. She heads to the north end of the island, spots the huge mound of
boulders that marks the main village, and heads straight for it. The
guard cats patrolling the top of the boulder see he coming, yowl and dive
for cover. Amelia and McDougal, standing in the courtyard talking, hear
the commotion and turn to look. As Harri and OT streak over the top of
the boulder McDougal turns a little pale.]

Amelia: Don't worry, McDougal, that's just my sisfur Harri. She's a bit
of a darecat.

McDougal: Does she always fly like that? I was afeard she was going to
crash.

Amelia: Yep, she always flies like that. Somehow OT always manages to
stay with her - he's a lot braver than me.

[As Amelia and McDougal have been talking Harri has been manuevering into
position, and she lands and cuts the engine.]

Harri: I gots all da information we need, and got some great pikchoors of
the da island. Mac, dis is a bootiful place! We should have made trips
here a long time ago. Don't you fink so, OT?

Old October 2nd 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

O T steps out of the chopper and pretends to be adjusting some papers while
he regains his land legs. Ummm yeah, u iz rite diz iz bootifulz. Harri
mine luff, dont u finkz u kut it a bit kloze dere in dem bolderz?

Old October 2nd 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:14:37 -0500, Granby wrote:

O T steps out of the chopper and pretends to be adjusting some papers
while he regains his land legs. Ummm yeah, u iz rite diz iz bootifulz.
Harri mine luff, dont u finkz u kut it a bit kloze dere in dem bolderz?

Yeah, a liddle bit. I'z sorry - I figgered dere might be some downdraft
action cuz of da geothermal hot water, so I left a extra foot. I guess
it's glad dat I did!

Harri