"Getting rid" of a cat......

Old November 23rd 03, 04:11 PM
Adrian

KatGrrrrl99 wrote:
The bad thing was...He was going to KILL him with a mallet & If I
hadn't taken time off work to come & get him-It wouldn't have had a
happy ending!!!! I don't understand a woman who would let a guy do
that....I really don't!!

Anyone who would do a thing like that should be locked up and the key thrown
away.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old November 23rd 03, 05:02 PM
Jette Goldie

"KatGrrrrl99" wrote
WHY would a woman choose a man over her companion of 4 years?!?!?!?

Desperation?

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old November 23rd 03, 06:59 PM
Hopitus2

Now, I *like* your story....."getting rid of a cad".

"Katiri" wrote in message
news : In younger days, this happened to me. No threat of injury to the cat but
: "I'll just drop him off somewhere". So one day after a vet visit it was
: "Well he's in the carrier. We could just.." So to a local stables we
went.
: Himself had a long walk to his car, bout 7 miles, still at my house.
: Chiya and I had tune and crab snacks and a smirk when the car started. I
: always thought of it as "getting rid if a cad".
:
: "KatGrrrrl99" wrote in message
: ...
: I need to vent about this & I knew other cat lovers would understand....
:
: My Father In Law has a new girlfriend & she had a gorgeous little tuxedo
: named
: Patches that is 4 yrs old....
: My Father in law is a cheap, manipulative, cat hating *******! He told
his
: Girlfriend to "Get rid" of her cat & DUMPS him on me!
: It took me 3 days to find the little guy a home & he truly was
delightful
: the
: whole time!!! My 9 yr. old Siamese even liked him!!!! )
: WHY would a woman choose a man over her companion of 4 years?!?!?!? When
: me &
: my hubby first started going out...I told my hubby Me & Bastet (My
kitty)
: were
: a package deal & he said he wouldn't have it any other way!
: I'm sorry...I just had to get this off my chest.
:
:
:
:
:
:
: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Vincent 6/27/01
: Dorothy 6/4/03
:
:
: Quitters never win, and winners never quit, but those who never quit AND
: never
: win are idiots.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

Old November 23rd 03, 07:17 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 12:00:21 GMT, "Katiri"
wrote:

In younger days, this happened to me. No threat of injury to the cat but
"I'll just drop him off somewhere". So one day after a vet visit it was
"Well he's in the carrier. We could just.." So to a local stables we went.
Himself had a long walk to his car, bout 7 miles, still at my house.
Chiya and I had tune and crab snacks and a smirk when the car started. I
always thought of it as "getting rid if a cad".

ROTFL I like the way you think ;-)

Of course you needed to keep your cool when he made the demand - don't
know if I could have held it together long enough. Like several others
have already posted, someone who would make such a demand around here
wouldn't be around very long.

Although I've always had the reputation of being pretty laid back, I
have a pretty bad temper, and one of the things which would cause me
to lose it completely is someone threatening to harm one of the crew
here. So I'm afraid that my reaction to the original poster's FIL
threatening any animal with a mallet would have ended with a police
cruiser or two showing up - whether it was one of mine or just a stray
that I saw threatened.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 23rd 03, 07:53 PM
Cheryl Perkins

Jette Goldie wrote:

"KatGrrrrl99" wrote
WHY would a woman choose a man over her companion of 4 years?!?!?!?

Desperation?

No one's that desperate; it has to be a case of not really valuing the
cat. There *are* cases in which people have to find a new home for their
cat - allergy, long-distance move under circumstances that don't allow for
bringing the cat (eg poor student moving very cheaply), move to a nursing
home or other facility that doesn't allow pets. I knew of a case not long
ago where someone had their cat euthanized because she couldn't find a
place to live that allowed cats. It turned out that she couldn't find a
place to live that she liked that allowed cats - ie she didn't look into a
lot of the private & basement apartments.

It could be worse - some people in my neighbourhood simply left their
kitten on the street when they moved out of the province. A friend who
knew of the situation and knew I was thinking of getting a second cat put
us together, and I adopted Betsy, at an age of about 6 months. I still
don't know *why* they had a kitten when they must have known that they
were going to move and leave her behind so soon!

Cheryl
Old November 23rd 03, 09:26 PM
Flippy

The bad thing was...He was going to KILL him with a mallet & If I hadn't
taken
time off work to come & get him-It wouldn't have had a happy ending!!!!
I don't understand a woman who would let a guy do that....I really don't!!

Not only would I NEVER have a relationship with this kind of person, but I
wouldn't even associate with this type.

Flippy

Old November 23rd 03, 09:32 PM
Dan Mahoney

Not only would I NEVER have a relationship with this kind of person, but I
wouldn't even associate with this type.

Flippy

Ditto!

When I first met Nancy (back when we both worked for one of the local
newspapers) I was impressed that she was a cat person. When we started
seeing each other I was also impressed when she made it clear that
anyone who wanted to see her had to get along with DD cat as well.

Dan

Old November 23rd 03, 09:44 PM
Jo Firey

What amazes me is that men like this seldom lack for a partner to share their
insanity. Reminds me of an idiot friend I had who didn't feel loved if her guy
didn't have fits of jealousy.

Jo
--
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old November 23rd 03, 09:47 PM
Jeanette

Katiri wrote in message
news
In younger days, this happened to me. No threat of injury to the cat but
"I'll just drop him off somewhere". So one day after a vet visit it was
"Well he's in the carrier. We could just.." So to a local stables we

went.
Himself had a long walk to his car, bout 7 miles, still at my house.
Chiya and I had tune and crab snacks and a smirk when the car started. I
always thought of it as "getting rid if a cad".

That's a great story

Thanks for sharing.